KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Sauron or Morgoth

Who do you like better?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Sauron the dark Lord 13 37.14%
Morgoth the dark Enemy 22 62.86%
Total: 35 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Sauron or Morgoth
Started by: Celestial

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
I AM ANTHONY
Ummmmm Hi........POOPIE!!

Im goign with morgorth beacus melkor(morgorth) made balrongs .... big grin

Old Post Jun 25th, 2006 05:40 PM
I AM ANTHONY is currently offline Click here to Send I AM ANTHONY a Private Message Find more posts by I AM ANTHONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DanielLB
The Bad Wolf

No he didnt!

http://cjbannister.users.btopenworld.com/Home.htm

Old Post Jun 25th, 2006 07:42 PM
DanielLB is currently offline Click here to Send DanielLB a Private Message Find more posts by DanielLB Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Anthony$Billy
Im goign with morgorth beacus melkor(morgorth) made balrongs .... big grin

No he didn't. The Balrogs are Maia spirits that decided to follow Melkor instead of the Vala.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2006 12:28 AM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gurthang
Don

Destroy to mock Illuvtar, and then he could replace all the peoples of middle-earth with his followers and his creation: the easterlings and the orcs. This proves Melkor (Morgoth) is smarter because he knows there will be a higher chance of a rebellion with the free peoples of middle earth. Plus, Sauron is just a maiar fallen evil while Morgoth was a vala.
Morgoth is defintely better.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2006 01:02 AM
Gurthang is currently offline Click here to Send Gurthang a Private Message Find more posts by Gurthang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogal Dorn
Mahal

I'm gonna go with Sauron, I found an interesting quote posted by a lore-master as called on one of the other forums I visit.

"Sauron was 'greater', effectively, in the Second Age than Morgoth at the end of the First. Why? Because, though he was far smaller by natural stature, he had not yet fallen so low." (Morgoth's Ring, Myths Transformed, Text VII)

Essentially Melkor was more powerful than then might of all the other Valar combined, but he distributed his power on other ventures to his "Agents" and thus became Vastly weaker. Another quote

"Only the total contained the old power of the complete Melkor; so that if 'the Morgoth' could be reached or temporarily separated from his agents, he was much more nearly controllable and on a power-level with the Valar. The Valar find they can deal with his agents (sc. armies, Balrogs, etc) piecemeal. So that they come at last to Utumno itself and find that 'the Morgoth' has no longer for the moment sufficient 'force' (in any sense) to shield himself from direct personal contact. Manwe at lasts faces Melkor again, as he has not done since he entered Arda. Both are amazed: Manwe to perceive the decrease in Melkor as a person; Melkor to perceive this also from his own point of view: he has now less personal force than Manwe, and can no longer daunt him with his gaze." (Morgoth's Ring, Myths Transformed, Text VI, Tolkien's italics)

Away from his agents the old power of Morgoth/Melkor was not sufficient enough to stand up against the other Valar even though he was once the greatest among them. Admittedly Sauron never had to stand up to the Valar, but in contrast as said he had not sunk as low as Morgoth and can be, by some percieved as greater.

Man...I hope all that made sense

Yet the making of things is in my heart from my own making by thee; and the child of little understanding that makes a play of the deeds of his father may do so without without thought of mockery, but because he is the son of his father.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2006 05:02 PM
Rogal Dorn is currently offline Click here to Send Rogal Dorn a Private Message Find more posts by Rogal Dorn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LadyOfMirkwood9
Daugther of Thranduil

Hmmm i'll have to say morgoth don't know why though well i'll have to say it comes from reading the Silmarilion

Old Post Jul 19th, 2006 01:01 AM
LadyOfMirkwood9 is currently offline Click here to Send LadyOfMirkwood9 a Private Message Find more posts by LadyOfMirkwood9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draugwen
The Wanderer

@ thefallen544

Wow... what *haven't* you actually read about The Lord of the Rings?
*is amazed*
thumb up wink

Old Post Jul 19th, 2006 03:22 PM
Draugwen is currently offline Click here to Send Draugwen a Private Message Find more posts by Draugwen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
madhusudhan

You guys dont know about tulkas.He is the strongest among the valar,
even balrogs fear tulkas and one that ran away and hid in the dwarven mines is the one that gandalf fought in the lord of the rings story.

Old Post May 29th, 2010 02:55 AM
madhusudhan is currently offline Click here to Send madhusudhan a Private Message Find more posts by madhusudhan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pwned
That guy

I have to go with Morgoth

Morgoth got the name of the Dark Enemy(THE) while Sauron is just the Enemy.....

Morgoth also helped create Arda, and he created evil

Old Post May 29th, 2010 03:59 AM
Pwned is currently offline Click here to Send Pwned a Private Message Find more posts by Pwned Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Council#13
The Omega Male

Way to bump a 4 year old thread.

"Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one." -Dr. Seuss

Old Post Jul 6th, 2010 12:56 PM
Council#13 is currently offline Click here to Send Council#13 a Private Message Find more posts by Council#13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pwned
That guy

Actually i just saw it say new at the time i was checking......

Anyways still Melkor.....

Old Post Jul 6th, 2010 07:54 PM
Pwned is currently offline Click here to Send Pwned a Private Message Find more posts by Pwned Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ADarksideJedi
Jackie Malfoy

Sauron

Morning Glory, ,DamienB(my busband),Spoonly,Tired hiker!a1hsauce,Coucil#13,Kongudude,Scottie,Syren
Killa420,miroku,sanctuary,mairuzu,
KILLA4,JacopexLethalfemme,LadyGrim,ashle,Mišt,oman
32,Scythe,DebbieJo,DeathReaperr,Britrogue,Neha,Joe
K,Mandos,Wild Cherry,Roland,Rogue Jedi,Jaehskywalker,Lord Kerrigor,ALostSoul,Running Mascara,Raventheonly,NewJak,,Captain Maynard,Sparkly,Dominic Gargone.
Majid86, Rudester.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2010 03:23 PM
ADarksideJedi is currently offline Click here to Send ADarksideJedi a Private Message Find more posts by ADarksideJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pwned
That guy

*hiss*

Old Post Jul 10th, 2010 12:13 AM
ares834

I prefer Sauron.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2010 04:56 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

I can't make an accurate judgment really because I never finished The Silmarillion. However, I like Sauron's schemes more... dunno why. Morgoth always struck me as somewhat of a punk ass. Plus, he's butthurt, whereas Sauron was just evil.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jul 11th, 2010 07:30 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalAnswer
Flower

quote: (post)
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
I can't make an accurate judgment really because I never finished The Silmarillion. However, I like Sauron's schemes more... dunno why. Morgoth always struck me as somewhat of a punk ass. Plus, he's butthurt, whereas Sauron was just evil.

Sauron almost returned to Valinor and was begging for mercy and forgiveness from the Valar, then ran away like a little girl because he was scared.

Howdy!

Old Post Jul 12th, 2010 05:47 PM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

That's because he's smart. That doesn't contradict anything I've said...

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jul 12th, 2010 09:52 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalAnswer
Flower

It's because he's a pussy.

Howdy!

Old Post Jul 12th, 2010 10:59 PM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

At least he isn't quaking in his boots from a little elf princeling...

Old Post Jul 12th, 2010 11:11 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Noban

(please log in to view the image)
Sauron

(please log in to view the image)
Morgoth

/thread

http://pimpjuice1337.blogspot.com/

Old Post Jul 13th, 2010 11:05 PM
Noban is currently offline Click here to Send Noban a Private Message Find more posts by Noban Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote