KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » Is Superman the ultimate Superhero?

Is Superman the ultimate Superhero?
Started by: FistOfThe North

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (37): « First ... « 35 36 [37]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FistOfThe North

If all superheores needed a leader to stand behind it would be Superman.

All superheroes would would unanimously pick him. that's one reason why he is the ultimate superhero. he's a super superhero.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Aug 27th, 2011 03:12 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Airjordan

well yes ofcourse he is the ultimate hero smile

Old Post Sep 9th, 2011 09:59 AM
Airjordan is currently offline Click here to Send Airjordan a Private Message Find more posts by Airjordan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheOneFirestorm

Is Superman the standard by which super heroes are measured by in the DC Universe?

Elliot Ness from the Terrific Action Crime Drama Mob Movie The Untouchables

Old Post Dec 10th, 2012 06:40 PM
TheOneFirestorm is currently offline Click here to Send TheOneFirestorm a Private Message Find more posts by TheOneFirestorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Yes, Superman is the ultimate hero.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Dec 14th, 2012 09:33 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mindship
I've said this on previous threads, I'll say it again: You can go anywhere in the civilized world, tie a towel around your neck, and everyone will know who you are referring to.

Remember that commercial not too long ago: the grainy film of a little boy with said towel and a caption going, "No one ever grew up wanting to be Moneyman."

The prefix "super" is all over the place. When was the last time you went into McDonald's and said "Batsize me"?

Look, he aint everyone's cup of tea, and I'll be the first to say that costume leaves a great deal to be desired. But he is The Icon for the genre, like Sherlock Holmes is for detectives, James Bond for spies, Tarzan for jungle dudes, Godzilla for giant monsters, Dracula for vampires. Even Aunt May, in advising her nephew said, "You're not Superman, you know."

And you thought Batman and Wolverine fans were bad... stick out tongue

Superman's costume rocks. I love it... and yes, he is the greatest hero of all-time regardless of what any haters say.

Most people believe Evolution not because they themselves are dumb, but cause they trust the "experts" who are feeding them evolutionary fast food, and so they don't bother questioning whether or not it's true.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2014 09:29 AM
Star428 is currently offline Click here to Send Star428 a Private Message Find more posts by Star428 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by 00.y
Batman is better. If it weren't for Batman, Superman would be dead right now, along with the rest of the DC universe.

LMFAO. Batman is not better than Superman in anything. PERIOD. Batman is a joke compared to Superman, dude.

Most people believe Evolution not because they themselves are dumb, but cause they trust the "experts" who are feeding them evolutionary fast food, and so they don't bother questioning whether or not it's true.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2014 09:33 AM
Star428 is currently offline Click here to Send Star428 a Private Message Find more posts by Star428 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Is Superman the ultimate superhero

He's the heroic ideal.

If all superheores needed a leader to stand behind it would be Superman.

Quite possible.

All superheroes would would unanimously pick him. that's one reason why he is the ultimate superhero. he's a super superhero.

Doubtful that it's be unanimous, there will always be other characters who'd get support.

And, lets not forget, the first thing Superman would do as a leader is appoint Batman as his field general, to basically handle the logistics of any pending battle.wink

Old Post Aug 7th, 2014 10:15 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Is Superman the ultimate Superhero?

I think he is..I Know he is.

Without a doubt. No one else even comes close. It's not because of his powers either. Although he is one of the most powerful.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2014 05:55 AM
riv6672

I agree its not about his power. His humanity is the really super part.
Unfortunately, on comic boards, for some of his most...vocal fans, his power is the main point.
*shrug*
Just leaves a bad taste in one's mouth.

To me he's superMAN.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2014 06:07 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheHulk
Retired Debater

Yes..along with Captain America wink

WORD LIFE!!!

Old Post Aug 11th, 2014 07:19 AM
TheHulk is currently offline Click here to Send TheHulk a Private Message Find more posts by TheHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Haha, him too!

Superman's more universal, really, as though he's a true blue American he doesnt sport the actual flag.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2014 11:15 AM
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

As a written character he's kind of bland without any distinctive character traits.

As for his powers, they seem abundant and disjointed: Freezing breath, x-ray vision and heat vision? Compare him to Wolverine, who has one power, regeneration, and with that the writers gave him claws and an adamantium laced skeleton, which—considering his anatomy—made sense.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2014 10:10 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

"Bland"? BS. People who say crap like that don't understand his character at all and probably haven't read more than a handful of Superman comics in their whole pathetic insignificant lives. He's MUCH more interesting to me than a character who sits around brooding all the god****ed time in a cave over the loss of his parents and is so deluded he arrogantly thinks he's better than everyone else... Or a teenager who has typical high school issues... Or a green (or grey) guy who goes around raging all the time....

....and Wolverine? Ugh (*throws up*) ... OMG, what a loser he is. I can't believe you actually just compared a clown like that to Superman. He thinks he some ****ing badass with those claws of his but in reality he's just a joke with no character depth at all. He's one of the lamest characters in Marvel or DC comics. It's ludicrous to think he's the "ultimate hero". Hell, he's not really a hero at all,imo. More of an anti-hero like Punisher.

Captain America is really the only one who even comes close to Superman as the "ultimate hero".

Last edited by Star428 on Aug 13th, 2014 at 01:20 AM

Old Post Aug 13th, 2014 01:07 AM
riv6672

Last two posts=missing the point and overreaction.
(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Aug 13th, 2014 10:11 AM
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by riv6672
Last two posts=missing the point and overreaction.
(please log in to view the image)

Maybe... But, when people start comparing a character like Wolverine to Superman it friggin' irritates me. When they also are implying that Wolverine is a greater hero (LOL) than Superman it just flat out pisses me off.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2014 02:59 AM
riv6672

Understood.
He really is the kind of comic fan that makes me scratch my head in befuddlement.
Still, just take it for what its worth, which is not your anger.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2014 07:46 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Astner
As a written character he's kind of bland without any distinctive character traits.

As for his powers, they seem abundant and disjointed: Freezing breath, x-ray vision and heat vision? Compare him to Wolverine, who has one power, regeneration, and with that the writers gave him claws and an adamantium laced skeleton, which—considering his anatomy—made sense.

Not sure if serious...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Aug 14th, 2014 05:11 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

The disjointed powerset bit is sort of true, his eye powers have always came off as weird compared to his other ones to me and not to mention the random powers like certain versions of T-vo and stuff. But it was made so long ago that it doesn't really matter.

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Aug 16th, 2014 05:53 AM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

With two exceptions, Superman's traditional/standard powerset, I think, is quite simple: basically an amplified human body. Stronger, tougher, see better, etc. The only exceptions are flight and heat vision. But even then, flight "evolved" from Golden Age Superman's superleaping; and HV developed when the heating effects of X-ray vision (superseeing, like tele- or microscopic vision), were made into a separate power.

Even freeze breath, before it was given a scientific spin, was basically an amp of a person's ability to, say, cool off hot soup by blowing on it.

As far as comparison to Wolverine: Imo, Superman and Wolverine, for their tiers, have excellent powersets.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Last edited by Mindship on Aug 16th, 2014 at 09:38 PM

Old Post Aug 16th, 2014 09:28 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

Originally posted by TheHulk
Yes..along with Captain America wink

Who’s more of a boyscout?

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Jul 24th, 2019 05:55 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote