KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » Is Superman the ultimate Superhero?

Is Superman the ultimate Superhero?
Started by: FistOfThe North

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (37): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
I-Drop
Privateer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Gimme one reason why Spider-Man is the Ultimate Superhero.
I thought I did already. But If were talking who'd kick everybody's a$$, that takes Spidey right out of this (and Superman although he'd kick waaaaay more a$$es than Spidey).
And that's about being the Ultimate Superhero? How much one makes in box office?
No, but if Supes is still as popular as some think & his movie is good, it should logically make more money than Spidey's did. At the absolute least, it should tie. There are many factors involved in this though. Spidey's movies have each grossed more than any other superhero's movie to my knowledge(That includes each Superman movie, even after adjustments for inflation. 1st one broke records for weekend gross if I remember right. I could be wrong, but that's raresmile). I think he deserves icon status.

If you would ask every people in the world to name one superhero, 99% would say "Superman". SPider-Man is NOTHING compared to Superman in terms of anything. Cooler, maybe. But the Ultimate Superhero? No. Spider-Man is an popular character. Superman is an ICON.
Supes came 1st. I really don't think Supes is more popular today. There's really no way to proove or disprove this though save asking every living person. Not gonna happen.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2005 06:07 AM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

Originally posted by Mindship
There's the cross, Superman...what's the third one?

I don't think there's an actual list since every major corperation, religion, and country claims their symbol is in the top 3 most recognizable symbols in the world.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2005 10:08 AM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

quote:
I thought I did already. But If were talking who'd kick everybody's a$$, that takes Spidey right out of this (and Superman although he'd kick waaaaay more a$$es than Spidey).

Can you give one reason right now?

Old Post Dec 5th, 2005 09:41 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

OK. He showed us that teens could be heroes and not just sidekicks. He changed the game. Do you agree with FONorth that Supes can't be defeated by any other superhero? Please answer.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2005 10:44 PM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

He showed that teenages can be superheroes. Superman basically created the whole concept of being superhero. Superman CREATED the game. He beats Spider-Man when it comes to introducing new things...

Yes, there are superheroes that can beat Superman.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2005 11:01 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

He showed that teenages can be superheroes. Superman basically created the whole concept of being superhero. Superman CREATED the game. He beats Spider-Man when it comes to introducing new things...

That's not saying much. Super heroes would of came about with or without Superman.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2005 11:06 PM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

Yes, there are superheroes that can beat Superman.
Thanks. Had to make sure I wasn't the only one here who doesn't think Supes is unbeatable.

Spidey still exists in his original form also. He's never had to be wiped from existence because he was too powerful and boring.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2005 11:13 PM
I-Drop
Privateer

Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
That's not saying much. Super heroes would of came about with or without Superman.
I've been saying that for a while now.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2005 11:14 PM
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna

Yeah, but in this reality, Superman was the one who created the game, and that makes him the most important one.

If someone else then Superman had put the superheroes on start, I would be saying that he is the Ultimate Superhero.

And hey, it's not like there wouldn't be any teenage heroes without Spider-Man either. wink

Old Post Dec 5th, 2005 11:21 PM
I-Drop
Privateer

So 1st = Ultimate?

Old Post Dec 5th, 2005 11:25 PM
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

If the 1st is also the most recognized, the epitomy of "superhero", then yes.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2005 11:38 PM
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

And hey, it's not like there wouldn't be any teenage heroes without Spider-Man either. wink

I'm not saying there wouldn't. I saying; UN, get a life, nerds, he's just a comic book character.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2005 12:39 AM
BobbyD
Animal Lover

This is not a shot, Fist of the North, but I thought it was just common knowledge that people knew Supes is the "ultimate" Superhero. When you say ultimate, to me, I read it as who is the epitomy of the ultimate superhero. When I read it to mean like that, there is only one, and whoever is second is a distant second. To me, it reads who is a good superhero, meaning good guy, with the best attitude, traits, emotions, feelings, etc, etc....not to sound too mushy.

I've only got one thing to say, the death of Batman or Spiderman, whom I consider to be 2nd & 3rd in this contest would never generate the buzz across the globe that the death of Clark had. That's about as simple as I can put it, and I think his makeup has something to do with that, not just his popularity.

Now, there may other more formidale "good" guys to choose from other than Supes to pick from if you were going into a fight with to cover your back, but that's not how a I read this thread.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2005 02:51 PM
BobbyD is currently offline Click here to Send BobbyD a Private Message Find more posts by BobbyD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Superman's catchprase beats Spider-Man's stick out tongue:

(please log in to view the image)
(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Dec 6th, 2005 03:20 PM
FistOfThe North

Originally posted by BobbyD
This is not a shot, Fist of the North, but I thought it was just common knowledge that people knew Supes is the "ultimate" Superhero. When you say ultimate, to me, I read it as who is the epitomy of the ultimate superhero. When I read it to mean like that, there is only one, and whoever is second is a distant second. To me, it reads who is a good superhero, meaning good guy, with the best attitude, traits, emotions, feelings, etc, etc

No offence taken but it's obviously not common knowledge to some, without mentioning any specific names, you know who you are, but you did read the question right just in-case, BobbyD. It's the way I intended it to be understood. If Superman epitomizes the words "Ultimate Superhero". And I saw YES. without a doubt, no questions ask. Period.

And for those who believe that Superman, at this point, can be defeated in a fight by any superhero in comic book existence, may you list the names of superheros that can literally beat Superman in a hand to hand fight, please? Thank you.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Dec 6th, 2005 07:56 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

So now it's just a hand to hand fight? laughing Have you found a contradiction in my matrix comparison yet?

Old Post Dec 6th, 2005 08:27 PM
BobbyD
Animal Lover

Hand to hand, FistoftheNorth? Not many...in fact very few. Few would dare try to fight the rare combination of speed, agility, and strength in a mano a mano situation with the Man of Steel...aka boxing match. However, that does not mean he can't be beaten easily by these same foes with other means.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2005 08:33 PM
BobbyD is currently offline Click here to Send BobbyD a Private Message Find more posts by BobbyD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

Ditto. I don't really consider supes agile though.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2005 08:36 PM
BobbyD
Animal Lover

Agreed. I suppose seeing, thinking, processing info and moving at super speeds means you don't need agility? confused

Old Post Dec 6th, 2005 10:28 PM
I-Drop
Privateer

Ditto.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2005 06:14 AM