KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Tournament Finals! *fanfare*

Tournament Finals! *fanfare*
Started by: DigiMark007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (18): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Scoobless
sselboocS

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Dizzle
he's the first one yet to use prep...

Vote Jinzin.

There is no prep in this fight

Originally posted by DigiMark007
Dr. Shocktopus VS. THE BIG KAHUNA

No prep (like it matters).

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Nov 14th, 2005 12:57 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

doesn't matter... webb shield handles that little situation nicely...

in maximum carnage spiderman creates a domed webb shield.. it lasts for an entire page allowing the heroes to discuss what strategy they are to persue.. on the other side carnage, shriek, demogoblin, doppleganger, and carion attack the shield.. it holds and holds and holds.... it's only broken when venom breaks it from the inside.. I do the same thing here.. once the dome goes down, I spring out battle-ready...
don't even need the damned prep time laughing out loud

and if you think heat's going to melt those shields in any degree of fast time you oughta look at spiderman's 4th fight with HT.. he used the exact same shield to block human torch's flames.. if you think electro is generating more heat conductive elements than torch.. you guys are nuts.. my dome holds until I'm ready.. when I am i attack and everything I previously said still holds true.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2005 01:08 AM
jinzin is currently offline Click here to Send jinzin a Private Message Find more posts by jinzin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stormfront13

i vote for long pig

Old Post Nov 14th, 2005 02:55 AM
stormfront13 is currently offline Click here to Send stormfront13 a Private Message Find more posts by stormfront13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

Originally posted by stormfront13
i vote for long pig

care to explain why my friend? or are yu still just upset over your own loss?

Old Post Nov 14th, 2005 03:11 AM
jinzin is currently offline Click here to Send jinzin a Private Message Find more posts by jinzin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

something I found interesting in relation of my battle with scoobs... venom's ability to block spiderman's spider sense was a learned technique not an inherent one... whenever the symbiote bonds with a new host the host has to re-learn how to block spiderman's spider sense..

thus although there was an abundance of proof that already proved my point on venom vs. scarlet's spider sense.. this only further asserts that with enough will and concentration venom can teach himself how to block anyone's spider sense, not just parkers...

oh yes and as for this fight...

electro was prison raped was he not? well I'm certainly going to use that to my advantage... the symbiote can detect others painful memories and emotions... I will secure a psychological advantage by taunting him about it

Attachment: vrape1.jpg
This has been downloaded 148 time(s).

Old Post Nov 14th, 2005 03:30 AM
phillipan

Originally posted by jinzin
care to explain why my friend? or are yu still just upset over your own loss?

lol

Im not gonna ovte yet but this is the second time jinzin has gone up against his weaknesses. Respect rock

Old Post Nov 14th, 2005 03:31 AM
phillipan is currently offline Click here to Send phillipan a Private Message Find more posts by phillipan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

..laughing out loud

Attachment: vrape2.jpg
This has been downloaded 139 time(s).

Last edited by jinzin on Nov 14th, 2005 at 03:39 AM

Old Post Nov 14th, 2005 03:31 AM
jinzin

Originally posted by life is cruell
lol

Im not gonna ovte yet but this is the second time jinzin has gone up against his weaknesses. Respect rock

thank you my friend.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2005 03:39 AM
Scoobless
sselboocS

electro was prison raped was he not?

not that i know of... when did that happen/when was it mentioned?

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Nov 14th, 2005 03:56 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

I'm not sure... I think he told black cat about it while drunk.... in any case long pig also said this towards the beginning of the tourney.

Old Post Nov 14th, 2005 03:58 AM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ah, so you overcame your fear and decided to respond? Good...

quote:
During prep:
Okay, it's been made pretty clear that while electro can zap spiderman's webbing off of him, however, the effect is not instantanious. Nor near as quick as LP wants it to be. One strand of webbing has caused electro to lose enough time for spiderman to gain ground on him and pummble the crap out of him before he could escape. In new avengers 4 luke cage asks spiderman how he used to beat electro up in the past.. spiderman responds with "well I just webbed my hands into mits and pounded the crap out of him". The webbing has enough elastic properties to deflect and defend against the energy output that electro dishes out. Due to it's elastic nature, it works nearly like a set of rubber gloves (which by the way have also been proven to render electro's powers as a non threat), enabling spiderman to freely wail away at electro while avoiding any feedback in return. My initial time during prep will be spent having exactly this in mind.
Venom's webbing is elastic like spiderman's but it's stronger too, more resiliant. I will use my prep time to extend out 12 tendrils 35 feet in length. I will spray both my body and my tendrils with the webbing but use the symbiote to displace the webbing as like an armor so that it does not hinder my mobility. After that I will use my energy gauntlet to spray energy webbing over the regular webbing. The energy webbing having the same properties has spiderman's webbing, will not only act as a deflecter of the eletrical currents in the fight, but it will also act as a way to absorb any laser blasts pointed my way. ON TOP OF THAT I will spray another layer of webbing armor for further security.... then generate energy shields en mass. I will place the energy shields over my body and tendrils as much as can be alloted without hindering my mobility, my symbiote will latch onto them through holes selectively left open in the web armor. I will then secure that symbiote with layers of webbing as well.

I will draw out my sword, and secure it to the end of one of the tendrils, webbing over the handle for safety. the same goes for the pistols.

What I've done here is use my prep time effectively and intelligently (I can also do this ON the battlefield simply by making some shields and allowing a few tendrils to direct their movement while I use my speed and agility to web myslef up while dodging/blocking). While long pig certainly had some advantages in spite of past feats that condradict he could actually win against me without this "armor".. with it.. there is no doubt that I have completely taken away his two biggest offensive advantages here, he can no longer hit me with electrical currents nor can he hit me with lasers. The two best advantages he had in this fight have just been taken away from him.

Wow, a lot of writing. But, to your dimsay, it's all moot.

We have no prep(I didn't even read it till now) and you don't know who you're facing. You won't have ANY reason to web yourself up to protect against electricity.

So, basically, none of this will happen.

Also, as seen in Amazing Spiderman #425, Spiderman doesn't normally have non-coductive webbing. He has to make them SPECIALLY to fight Electro.

Venom doesn't have non conductive webbing.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Nov 14th, 2005 04:05 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

Originally posted by long pig
Ah, so you overcame your fear and decided to respond? Good...

Wow, a lot of writing. But, to your dimsay, it's all moot.

We have no prep(I didn't even read it till now) and you don't know who you're facing. You won't have ANY reason to web yourself up to protect against electricity.

So, basically, none of this will happen.

Also, as seen in Amazing Spiderman #425, Spiderman doesn't normally have non-coductive webbing. He has to make them SPECIALLY to fight Electro.

Venom doesn't have non conductive webbing.

actually I've already successfully argued how I can make a web shield to protect against your assault and I can still invoke my plans for prep ON FIELD...

second.. spiderman's webbing was not effective against electro in 435 cause electro was super charged to his most powerful incarnation (god-like) he's ever been.... spiderman's webbing has worked just fine before AND since... you aren't supercharged as he was then.. your points are moot not mine...

Old Post Nov 14th, 2005 04:08 AM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Long pig's weaknesses/condradictions:

long pig has certainly done a large amount of talking shocktopus up, but he's done little to prove the premises to his arguments, he's done less to prove the capabilities of his character. Well I'll reveal them for the audience so that he can no longer simply walk through his competition due to uneducated public opinion.
Electro does not nor did he ever have a forcefield. He's an electrically charged battery and zaps people that try and touch him, but this field "shocking effect" couldn't even put down captain america, it only further annoys spiderman, he has an aura of ionizing air molecules that can causes a human body a headache, he generates random electrical currents that run around him the way any random electrical currents would without a conduit. Yet for all the talking up that long pig's done for electro, long pig (and many many other people appearantly) has forgotten that spiderman punches seem to effect electro just fine. If electro had such a badass shield how come he constantly gets flattened by barrages from spiderman? Hell even when his powers where enhanced to his "god-like" state he still got taken out by having a damned rock chucked at his head, where was his shield then?

The fact is, he doesn't have one, not one that resembles ANYTHING close to what long pig's trying to argue for. Nothing of the sort has ever been displayed nor has it ever been proven by long pig other than ONE misinterpretation of an artist's rendition which hardly qualifies as canon material to judge from.
As far as his tenticals go... I have 12 well protected tendrils that can block and secure his tenticals at my will. Any h2h confrontation between my tendrils and his tenticals will reuslt in a complete loss for him... If his tenticals are on the attack I simply grab them with my tendrils and tie them together with webbing, the resulting combination of current charges will actually work to short cuircut elctro's powers thus resulting in a backlass against shocktopus rendering him unconcious the exact same way tieing up eletro's hands and feet did to him. So if long pig wants to stay behind his shield and attack me with tenticals he can, but I will either rip them apart as he watches helpessly, or I'll cross the currents to short circuit his ass for the win. It matters not to TBK.
The sword I'll simply use as a way to close ground.. any electrical blasts he sends my way will be conducted by the sword, the current will be stopped at the hilt due to the webbing there thus acting as a way to diverge the blasts from hitting me at all. HE can try to magnetize the metals but it would take concnetration on his part and he needs a certain amount of strength with the technique to rip them away from or force against my tendrils. But I'll simply call him out on it right now.
The problem for long pig is that he's already admittedly using his powers at their max for this fight (probably hoping for a quick victory) and while he has no sheild to speak of if the plan is that he wants to fry me he'll have a hard time doing that while simultaniously magnetizing anything..

while I'll also point out that magnetizm can be viewed as a form of telepathy in this case and void for the purposes of this debate....
I will also argue that when certain degrees of heat are asserted to farious metals, the metal actually loses the property to be magnetized. His primary strategy is a contradictive one and does nothing but waste time while allowing me to close the gap furthermore.
Now of course if I chose to go in close for the kill he'd no doubt try to argue for his shields. One shield he doesn't even have, the second, though THOUGHT indestructible was certainly anything but inpenetrable. While I'm on the warpath toawrds you, you'd most likely try to stop my advance with eltrictricty, I'd simply dodge them, delfect them with my guns and swords acting as conduits and take whatever is left with ease as I'm well protected by my shield/web/web/web armor. There's simply no way you can penetrate through my defenses from afar, which is why you would try to attack me with your tenticals.. when you did that, I would simply grab one of them while my 12 tentical/tendrils deflected or held the others in place, then I would walk up towards you and basically wall crawl along the tentical and right into that damned shield of yours.. female ock said it herself, the shield can be penetrated if something moves up along the tentical itslef.. the it's simply comes down to a h2h fight.. that's a fight you are not winning. You will of course want to use those coils... I will of course deflect them with the shields.. remember how the energy generater resembles properties of the things it replicates? remember how one energy shield held against it's vibranium/admantium counterpart? they an certainly hold against your barbed coils long enough for me to cut your throat....

As far as your speeds concerned... you are no quicksilver, nor are you flash, or hell even speed demon... all characters that have been straight up handeled by my boys or the likes there of... your speeds were stripped of you at the beginning of this tourney and you can only go in short burst, you however haven't displayed any feats of speed freaks agility and or reflexive combat skills... the guy keeps getting smashed by ulk WITH his thrusters... yet you think your speed avials you here? it most certainly does not I'm afraid. Venom's proven to fast for hulk, wolverine has as well and he's slower than sabertooth. cap and dd have as well and the're both part of my arsenal in TM... On the physical level you simply can not compete with TBK which is why your best bet was to go for the range, but since I've pretty much stripped those advantages from you during prep time, you have nothing left going for you but a very nasty and a very messy death.

Also long pig, this is irrelivent in this particular fight, but since when has electro displayed the power to absorb heat? huh
I mean if this truly was the case the explosion that occured in MK spidey 3 wouldn't or shouldn't have done as much damage as it did to electro resulting in him being at spiderman's mercy.

Yeah, none of this is relevant.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Nov 14th, 2005 04:08 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

Originally posted by long pig
Yeah, none of this is relevant.

laughing out loud well it is... if you read it... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Nov 14th, 2005 04:11 AM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Alright, now that that's over....I really hoped for more since you had a week. roll eyes (sarcastic)

So, it's basically me killing him with one or two hits, magnetically controlling his body and cutting him up.

Shocktopus is:
Faster
Stronger
More durable

Shocktopus has:
Better weapons
More weapons.
Better mobility
ALL his weaknesses.

He can't hide behind his webbing, the adamantium coils go straight through. The webbing will only slow down his movement making it easier to get him and light him up from the inside with a single attack while simultaneously beating him with super strong tentacles and lasers and adamantium blades.

I give Shocktopus a 10/10 on this. Khell's character was much better.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Nov 14th, 2005 04:14 AM
Null

are u kidding me...thats all he said after that long ass post of good shit ?

Old Post Nov 14th, 2005 04:14 AM
Null is currently offline Find more posts by Null Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
actually I've already successfully argued how I can make a web shield to protect against your assault and I can still invoke my plans for prep ON FIELD...

second.. spiderman's webbing was not effective against electro in 435 cause electro was super charged to his most powerful incarnation (god-like) he's ever been.... spiderman's webbing has worked just fine before AND since... you aren't supercharged as he was then.. your points are moot not mine...

Your plans for prep on field will get you killed. I only need one hit to basically take you out of the game or at least make you unable to fight back. It'll take me two seconds to reach you, you think you can do it that fast?

Yeah....no.

And no, when has normal spiderman's webbing ever been used like that? He was making the batch ESPECIALLY for fighting Electro. BEFORE HE KNEW ELECTRO WAS GOING TO ATTACK.

Why? Because the writers need to find a way for Spiderman to survive any fight with Electro.

You don't have anything to keep me from killing you with two or three shots. You don't have ANYTHING to keep me from magnetizing your body. You don't have ANYTHING to keep yourself safe from electricity.

You can't win.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Nov 14th, 2005 04:18 AM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by TwisterGameX
are u kidding me...thats all he said after that long ass post of good shit ?

It wasn't good.

Quality, not quantity. He just rambled on about a subject that wasn't relevant to the fight. So, he got dismissed.

He has no prep, no webbing over his body.....nothing to keep him from being stuck in hard air and suffacating, nothing to keep him from being magnetized.

jinzin is good at trying to sway the subject to something he likes, but if he thinks he can do the same here as he did in the SF fight, he's on something.

The fact remains:
TBK has nothing he can do to keep from being electrocuted by adamantium coils AND magnetized AND K.O'd AND suffocated AND hit by lasers.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Nov 14th, 2005 04:22 AM
General Kon-El
Last Son of the Sith

what's the score so far?

Old Post Nov 14th, 2005 04:25 AM
General Kon-El is currently offline Click here to Send General Kon-El a Private Message Find more posts by General Kon-El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oh, Venom IS NOT SPIDERMAN. Just because spiderman has done something, doesn't mean Venom can.

When has Venom ever made a web-shield?

jinzin keeps forgetting he doesn't have the same powers as spiderman.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Nov 14th, 2005 04:27 AM