KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » Dark City

Dark City
Started by: papabeard

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jedi Sheriff
Bantha Rustlers Beware

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Has anyone seen the Directors Cut for this? I've owned the regular dvd for years, but am curious if the DC really adds all that much..

Yes, I have this. There is about 20 mins extra, but, having not seen the cinematic release since it was released about 14 years ago, I'm not in much of a position to tell you if how good the extra content is. If you like the film however, surely an extra 20 mins can only be a good thing.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2012 02:00 PM
Jedi Sheriff is currently offline Click here to Send Jedi Sheriff a Private Message Find more posts by Jedi Sheriff Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Thanks, Sheriff. I've been waiting a long time for some kind of response on that.. haha. 20 min is pretty significant. I might get around to watching the DC at some point. It's been several years since I've watched my DVD, too.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2012 04:54 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedi Sheriff
Bantha Rustlers Beware

^ thumb up

Old Post Oct 26th, 2012 04:18 AM
Jedi Sheriff is currently offline Click here to Send Jedi Sheriff a Private Message Find more posts by Jedi Sheriff Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

I think the version I have is the Director's cut I'm not sure but it definitely is a good movie imo.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Oct 26th, 2012 12:50 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedi Sheriff
Bantha Rustlers Beware

The DC is 1 hour 51 mins long, the theatrical release was about 1 hour 37 mins I think.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2012 11:22 PM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

I checked and I have the Director's Cut, and it is a good movie. Probably one of the most underrated movies I have ever seen.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Oct 27th, 2012 04:57 AM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Newjak
I checked and I have the Director's Cut, and it is a good movie. Probably one of the most underrated movies I have ever seen.

Yeah, Alex Proyas used to be really good. The Crow is pretty good and i even like I, Robot, but Knowing sucked ass.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2012 12:03 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Yeah, Alex Proyas used to be really good. The Crow is pretty good and i even like I, Robot, but Knowing sucked ass.
I agree with the Crow and I, Robot. Don't know if I ever saw Knowing before?

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Oct 27th, 2012 05:29 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Newjak
I agree with the Crow and I, Robot. Don't know if I ever saw Knowing before?

Click: Knowing

Good lord, it was bad.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2012 03:12 AM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Yeah I never saw it stick out tongue

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Oct 29th, 2012 01:36 PM
omgchos
The Man From Ireland

Good lord, it was bad.

Amen.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2012 07:18 PM
omgchos is currently offline Click here to Send omgchos a Private Message Find more posts by omgchos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Good lord, it was bad.

What was with the rabbits in the end?

Old Post Oct 30th, 2012 04:05 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Liked that movie except for the ending.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2012 06:31 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lexington
Elysian Fields

Dark City was a great Movie, years since I've watched it. TPB.....

Old Post Oct 31st, 2012 01:39 AM
Lexington is currently offline Click here to Send Lexington a Private Message Find more posts by Lexington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Kazenji
Liked that movie except for the ending.

Dark City or Knowing?

Old Post Oct 31st, 2012 04:24 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Knowing.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2012 07:01 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xtinataguba

dark city 1998 movie?

Old Post Nov 15th, 2012 05:42 AM
xtinataguba is currently offline Click here to Send xtinataguba a Private Message Find more posts by xtinataguba Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coloradobase

Dark City is a very good movie in the list of horror movies and also most important is, this is horror as well as thriller in it.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2012 07:25 AM
coloradobase is currently offline Click here to Send coloradobase a Private Message Find more posts by coloradobase Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dentrafting

The dark city movie is completely based on thrill and also horror. Its most of scenes are very nice captured.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2013 07:29 AM
dentrafting is currently offline Click here to Send dentrafting a Private Message Find more posts by dentrafting Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent_Bomber

Awesome movie, one of my favourite Sci-Fi's of that time in my opinion, I liked it a lot better than the Matrix, have to agree with the poster earlier that the Matrix felt like a high budget, mainstream take on Dark City in a lot of ways.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2013 10:31 PM
Silent_Bomber is currently offline Click here to Send Silent_Bomber a Private Message Find more posts by Silent_Bomber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote