KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » James Bond Series » Is Bond Really That Good?

Is Bond Really That Good?
Started by: xshadow

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
yerssot

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mando
I actually didn't think about that surprisingly. But, Still, I don't find anything in the Bond movies to be that serious of sexual content. especially to start emancipation.

you should stop living in the present if you're judging an old movie, serioulsy! in the 60's changing stockings was revolutionary and rather a scandale to put in a movie

Old Post Dec 10th, 2005 11:41 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
silver_tears

I don't buy that at all. In the 20s the flappers wore much less daily. I don't think we moved back in time in the 60s to before women showed their legs. blink

Old Post Dec 11th, 2005 03:44 AM
silver_tears is currently offline Click here to Send silver_tears a Private Message Find more posts by silver_tears Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dusty

Originally posted by yerssot
you should stop living in the present if you're judging an old movie, serioulsy! in the 60's changing stockings was revolutionary and rather a scandale to put in a movie

I wasn't aware you knew local Cinema in the 60's. Personal experience?

Old Post Dec 11th, 2005 04:33 AM
Dusty is currently offline Click here to Send Dusty a Private Message Find more posts by Dusty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

I have a broad interest Mando, you might want to check out the Dr No DVD to find out more
Originally posted by silver_tears
I don't buy that at all. In the 20s the flappers wore much less daily. I don't think we moved back in time in the 60s to before women showed their legs. blink

urgh, not showing legs! changing stockings

Old Post Dec 11th, 2005 07:01 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
silver_tears

thereby showing legs no expression

Old Post Dec 11th, 2005 10:18 PM
silver_tears is currently offline Click here to Send silver_tears a Private Message Find more posts by silver_tears Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dusty

I see what point you are trying to get by yerssot. And I agree, sexuality was not thought of then as it is nowadays. But still, Emancipation? I think James bond started something new, it got people thinking, and talking about their more 'Seductive' side. Which is another reason why bond is so awesome.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2005 03:00 AM
Dusty is currently offline Click here to Send Dusty a Private Message Find more posts by Dusty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

Ah well, Mando... That's what they say on the documentary on the dvd of Dr No wink They refer to Honeyrider as an emancipated woman in the movies that can stand up for herself.
But I would agree in saying that this is dependable on your own views, like the seductive side

Originally posted by silver_tears
thereby showing legs no expression

if you fail to see this easy point, I suggest we call this discussion a day since it doesn't seem possible for you to get this any time soon.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2005 08:37 PM
silver_tears

good day to you then

Old Post Dec 18th, 2005 04:22 AM
Bardock42

He's no Batman but he's pretty decent.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2005 10:04 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

he's howt eek!

Old Post Dec 24th, 2005 10:52 PM