KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » Your parents in The Matrix?

Your parents in The Matrix?
Started by: ((The_Anomaly))

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

Your parents in The Matrix?

i just thought of this but are your parents in the matrix your REAL parents?

because if not then why do you and your parents (and your syblings) look alike?

im not sure if this topic has ever been discussed before...

so do the machiens take the DNA from people and make a kid? but they'd have to do it with the correct 2 people...

cool

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post Nov 16th, 2005 01:52 AM
((The_Anomaly)) is currently offline Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shwartz
Smith will suffice

wow, you know I've thought of that before but never, ever thought about it that much. You could be onto something.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2005 04:06 PM
Shwartz is currently offline Click here to Send Shwartz a Private Message Find more posts by Shwartz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
b-dan
Son of Sparda

ya ur rite i never thought about this b4 the matrix has soo many questions with so many possibilities thats one of the many reasons i love there series

Old Post Nov 16th, 2005 06:02 PM
b-dan is currently offline Click here to Send b-dan a Private Message Find more posts by b-dan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
slinger
Scifigunslinger

That's a great question.

For there shall be no mercy...
For any force that stands...
Blocking this path of his righteousness

Old Post Nov 17th, 2005 03:28 PM
slinger is currently offline Click here to Send slinger a Private Message Find more posts by slinger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

i had a theory on this one before. i don't know where it's buried, but it's in here somewhere. i think it goes a little something like this.

since humans are grown in the endless feilds, your parents in the matrix are not your parents since technically, you don't have one. but new humans can't just be popping into the matrix like mushrooms, that would raise suspicions, especially to the red pills. the system introduces the new "crops" by "prgenancy." of course the system picks those women who are likely to be pregnant. by that i mean the system assigns a new crop to a married woman or a woman who's just promiscuous. if women just started getting pregnant outta nowhere, again that would raise suspicions.

and looking alike could just be environmental. like when women live together, they have the same menstrual cycle. or the system uses spliced genes to generate new crops instead of doing it from scratch.

did i make sense?

Old Post Nov 18th, 2005 08:54 PM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

but it would still require the machines to map out ALL the couples (and what about accidental pregnancy) never the less you ALWAYS share some kind of resemblance to your parents, and this, unlike menstrual cycles is determined by genes, people cant look alike simply by living in the same spot.

naturally it would seem that there would be numerous programs in the matrix that keep track of ALL pregnancy and who got who pregnant. then there would be a corresponding machine(s) that go around the fields and extract DNA from the correct two people and make a child.

this would be an awful amount of work however, although i guess the machines dont care, they're machines.

Last edited by ((The_Anomaly)) on Nov 19th, 2005 at 12:40 AM

Old Post Nov 19th, 2005 12:36 AM
((The_Anomaly)) is currently offline Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

but all those humans are still plugged in. the system already knows who they are. and i guess there would be no accidental pregnancy as far as the matrix goes. the system saw an opportunity to introduce a new "crop" and took advantage of it. plus, the machines don't need to extract any DNA because they created it in the first place. the can just use the DNA of the parental units to map out how the new crop would look like.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2005 04:32 AM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morpheus
The Gospel R3L0AD3D

quote: (post)
Originally posted by random task
i had a theory on this one before. i don't know where it's buried, but it's in here somewhere. i think it goes a little something like this.

since humans are grown in the endless feilds, your parents in the matrix are not your parents since technically, you don't have one. but new humans can't just be popping into the matrix like mushrooms, that would raise suspicions, especially to the red pills. the system introduces the new "crops" by "prgenancy." of course the system picks those women who are likely to be pregnant. by that i mean the system assigns a new crop to a married woman or a woman who's just promiscuous. if women just started getting pregnant outta nowhere, again that would raise suspicions.

and looking alike could just be environmental. like when women live together, they have the same menstrual cycle. or the system uses spliced genes to generate new crops instead of doing it from scratch.

did i make sense?

wow smile

She doesn't quite chop your head off. She makes a Pez dispenser out of you.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2005 04:47 AM
Morpheus is currently offline Click here to Send Morpheus a Private Message Find more posts by Morpheus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

is that "wow" as in "you have smoked yourself retarded" or "that's a pretty complicated theory?"

Old Post Nov 19th, 2005 06:29 PM
Morpheus
The Gospel R3L0AD3D

"that's a pretty complicated theory

were did you come up up with that theory?

She doesn't quite chop your head off. She makes a Pez dispenser out of you.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2005 08:21 PM
Morpheus is currently offline Click here to Send Morpheus a Private Message Find more posts by Morpheus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StinkFist462
Your Mom

from smoking himself retarded.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2005 04:52 AM
StinkFist462 is currently offline Click here to Send StinkFist462 a Private Message Find more posts by StinkFist462 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

sarcasm aside, that was a good burn.

anyways, i thought of that, too. firs i thought, when you get unplugged, what happens to your family's memories of you? do the machines wipe out any traces of your existence in the matrix? then the parent thing came about.

Old Post Nov 21st, 2005 06:24 PM
StinkFist462
Your Mom

quote: (post)
Originally posted by random task
sarcasm aside, that was a good burn.

anyways, i thought of that, too. firs i thought, when you get unplugged, what happens to your family's memories of you? do the machines wipe out any traces of your existence in the matrix? then the parent thing came about.

thanks. lol. i try.

yea i had a similar theory at one point before matrix died. but i just ended up confusing myself and didnt bother to bring it back.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2005 04:27 AM
StinkFist462 is currently offline Click here to Send StinkFist462 a Private Message Find more posts by StinkFist462 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Keanu Reeves

Your parents are not in the matrix.

The matrix is set around the year 2199. Therefore your parents grand, grand... childrens are in the matrix & there parents.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2005 09:36 AM
Keanu Reeves is currently offline Click here to Send Keanu Reeves a Private Message Find more posts by Keanu Reeves Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

if that was the case, everybody that's plugged in the matrix would be immortal. the body can only produce so much energy, much like -- you gueseed it -- copper tops. then they get liquified and fed to the living. eeewww.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2005 06:35 AM
b-dan
Son of Sparda

i find it cool not gross we are being fed dead people yumm breakfast of champions

Old Post Nov 27th, 2005 02:30 PM
b-dan is currently offline Click here to Send b-dan a Private Message Find more posts by b-dan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

like soylent green, but liquified.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2005 06:37 PM
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

I'm just saying the ONLY problem I see with the whole situation is the looking like your parents.

Other then that nothing else really makes a difference. Other then that super pr*xy's idea seems valid, its what I had always assumed. But the problem of looking like your parents doesn't go away, its a hole. And although I agree mostly with what super pr*xy said. I don't think it makes sense to look like someone just cause you spend time around them. As although the RSI works in theory when you are capable of knowing what "self" is, it fails when talking about young children. So IF we were capable of having a RSI when we were young then the "looking like a person because being around them" theory would make sense. But it doesn't make sense until you are old enough to conceive of "self". And we all know that children look like their parents from when they are born.

So really before we can answer the first question we have to answer: Do newborn children age birth-1/2 years old know what the "self" is. And if not then how can they have an RSI?

Old Post Feb 21st, 2006 12:47 AM
super pr*xy

the matrix itself could "assign" a virtual RSI to an newborn since their mind isn't really powerful enough to produce an RSI or aware of "theirself" like you said. and as the newborn ages and gains self-conciousness, then an actual RSI fades out the "assigned" one. think of it as a caterpillar morphing into a butterfly.

still doesn't answer the "looking like your parents" question though... confused

Old Post Feb 21st, 2006 09:07 PM
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

But most people look somewhat like they did when they were a child. AND to say that you "assign" a person a Residual "SELF" Image is a contradiction anyways. It would be a Residual 'Assigned' Image (RAI) since the term 'self' presupposes "I", or an individual.

Meaning that a child cannot have a real RSI, since it is unaware of the "self". However assigning a RAI to a child comes with the empirical fact that that when looking at baby pictures people still look the same (somewhat, enough to know who it is anyways) as they do when they are old. Meaning that people would have to somewhat hold onto their RAI even when they are aware of the "self" enough to have a real RSI.

Its a major problem I think.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2006 04:52 PM