KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » The Official Trigun thread

The Official Trigun thread
Started by: KidRock

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TrAnCeDuO
Cyan-Assassin

well is someone gonna explain the relation or are we just gonna sit here guessing?

Made by "The Ones"

Old Post Feb 27th, 2004 03:30 AM
TrAnCeDuO is currently offline Click here to Send TrAnCeDuO a Private Message Find more posts by TrAnCeDuO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Ryugen
No longer hairy

Ah the hell with it I'll make an attempt. Read this at your own peril.

According to the anime Rem was part of a human colanisation ship on its way to find a hospitable planet as Earth was completly screwed up. On the way they found a ship floating derilict, when they investigated they found two young boys Vash and Knives. The two boys were brought back to the ship and cared for by Rem. It was from her that Vash developed his outlook on life, seeing violance as a last resort and killing as something that must never be done. In a respect Rem became like a mother or older sister to Vash, however the same could not be said for Knives who was routinly beaten up by a drunken member of the crew causing him to believe that the only good human is a dead human. Knives used his psychic abilites to drive most of the crew insane and kill each other and themselves, he also set the ship on a colision course with a desert planet. The only human who he didn't attempt to kill was Rem because he knew of the relationship between her and Vash, but Rem died trying to help the captain (who Knives had killed earlier). When Vash found out he attacked Knives but was beaten down. But Knives plan failed because of Rem the humans that were being kept in suspended animation were saved and made down to the planet (which explains why there were people on the planet in the first place). Also a point of intrest Vash originally carried two guns a silver one and a black one but Knives took the black one wghen he forced Vash to use the bio cannon and destroy a city.
Well thats all I know but it's been about a year since I watched Trigun so i might be mistaken on certain parts. But that pretty much sums up Vash's relationship with Rem.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2004 01:46 PM
Lord Ryugen is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Ryugen a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Ryugen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

quote:
Originally posted by Lord Ryugen
Ah the hell with it I'll make an attempt. Read this at your own peril.

According to the anime Rem was part of a human colanisation ship on its way to find a hospitable planet as Earth was completly screwed up. On the way they found a ship floating derilict, when they investigated they found two young boys Vash and Knives. The two boys were brought back to the ship and cared for by Rem. It was from her that Vash developed his outlook on life, seeing violance as a last resort and killing as something that must never be done. In a respect Rem became like a mother or older sister to Vash, however the same could not be said for Knives who was routinly beaten up by a drunken member of the crew causing him to believe that the only good human is a dead human. Knives used his psychic abilites to drive most of the crew insane and kill each other and themselves, he also set the ship on a colision course with a desert planet. The only human who he didn't attempt to kill was Rem because he knew of the relationship between her and Vash, but Rem died trying to help the captain (who Knives had killed earlier). When Vash found out he attacked Knives but was beaten down. But Knives plan failed because of Rem the humans that were being kept in suspended animation were saved and made down to the planet (which explains why there were people on the planet in the first place). Also a point of intrest Vash originally carried two guns a silver one and a black one but Knives took the black one wghen he forced Vash to use the bio cannon and destroy a city.
Well thats all I know but it's been about a year since I watched Trigun so i might be mistaken on certain parts. But that pretty much sums up Vash's relationship with Rem.

my best friend allie informed me of this part since i asked her yesterday. she knows more about trigun than i do. the only parts that you didn't mention was rem and the crew finding this alien pod. you mentioned she raised them, yes. but the part you didn't mention was that by the time they were 1 or so, they mentally aged a decade or so. their knowledge advanced surpassed the crew quickly. when the two boys were growing up, knives would kind of look out for vash. knives tried to get vash to see things his way. the part about the ship about to crash on planet, the boys and rem were about to leave the ship when rem ran back in before the hatched closed and saved alot of people. than there was something about making vash think that knives killed rem. and later on the planet in the city of july and the reason it's trashed, was because the two had a fight there. knives used his special weapons and tried to get vash to reveal his. blah blah blah...

aside from that, allie said that the twins are supposed to be some sort of angels and have weapons that come out of their real arms. those speical guns are really skin and not metal. odd, neh? vash is clumsy b/c he doesn't train, while knives does.

when i asked about that strange angel plant in the first volume of trigun, she said he could relate to her b/c they were similar or made same in some way...blink

also, the anime skips over alot of the material in the mangas, but the anime does go back to them as in flashbacks or something. sux. trigun is a long story and takes alot of explaining....

Need to Reach Me? Then Please Contact Me Here: [SodapopAllerdyce/Xanga] [phantomtravel3r/LiveJournal]

Old Post Feb 27th, 2004 10:51 PM
BOPRecruit 16 is currently offline Click here to Send BOPRecruit 16 a Private Message Find more posts by BOPRecruit 16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Ryugen
No longer hairy

quote:
Originally posted by BOPRecruit 16
my best friend allie informed me of this part since i asked her yesterday. she knows more about trigun than i do. the only parts that you didn't mention was rem and the crew finding this alien pod. you mentioned she raised them, yes. but the part you didn't mention was that by the time they were 1 or so, they mentally aged a decade or so. their knowledge advanced surpassed the crew quickly. when the two boys were growing up, knives would kind of look out for vash. knives tried to get vash to see things his way. the part about the ship about to crash on planet, the boys and rem were about to leave the ship when rem ran back in before the hatched closed and saved alot of people. than there was something about making vash think that knives killed rem. and later on the planet in the city of july and the reason it's trashed, was because the two had a fight there. knives used his special weapons and tried to get vash to reveal his. blah blah blah...

aside from that, allie said that the twins are supposed to be some sort of angels and have weapons that come out of their real arms. those speical guns are really skin and not metal. odd, neh? vash is clumsy b/c he doesn't train, while knives does.

when i asked about that strange angel plant in the first volume of trigun, she said he could relate to her b/c they were similar or made same in some way...blink

also, the anime skips over alot of the material in the mangas, but the anime does go back to them as in flashbacks or something. sux. trigun is a long story and takes alot of explaining....

Yeah I knew I missed out on a few things but Vash isn't clumsy because he doesn't train. It's because he fights to incapacitate not kill so he takes hits that he could of avoided. ( take a look at his body in the anime it looks like something Dr Frankenstein would be proud of)

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2004 11:36 AM
Lord Ryugen is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Ryugen a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Ryugen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowSorciere

I wish in the cartoon they hadn't killed off wolfwood, he's my fav. Next to knives evil face I'm just happy he got to live in the manga, but I heard a rumor that Milly was pregnant, does anyone know if this is true? confused

http://www.fanfiction.net/~demonicgambit

Last edited by ShadowSorciere on Mar 18th, 2004 at 04:20 AM

Old Post Mar 18th, 2004 04:16 AM
ShadowSorciere is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowSorciere a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowSorciere Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dragonpisces272
got coffee?

hmm...haven't heard that rumor...

Made by: Pictofix Designs. Want a sig or wallpaper? Drop me a message

Old Post Mar 18th, 2004 04:27 PM
dragonpisces272 is currently offline Click here to Send dragonpisces272 a Private Message Find more posts by dragonpisces272 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

quote:
Originally posted by Lord Ryugen
Yeah I knew I missed out on a few things but Vash isn't clumsy because he doesn't train. It's because he fights to incapacitate not kill so he takes hits that he could of avoided. ( take a look at his body in the anime it looks like something Dr Frankenstein would be proud of)

i know. i saw what his body looks like in the anime when it used to be on toonami late nights and found out more as i read vol.2 of trigun.

Need to Reach Me? Then Please Contact Me Here: [SodapopAllerdyce/Xanga] [phantomtravel3r/LiveJournal]

Old Post Mar 19th, 2004 04:35 AM
BOPRecruit 16 is currently offline Click here to Send BOPRecruit 16 a Private Message Find more posts by BOPRecruit 16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Chaos_Cow

The whole no killing thing gets to be sort of a pain in the end, when he just starts moping around for entire episodes. He should learn from Arnie in Terminator 2 and start busting kneecaps.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2004 05:35 AM
Chaos_Cow is currently offline Click here to Send Chaos_Cow a Private Message Find more posts by Chaos_Cow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

quote:
Originally posted by Chaos_Cow
The whole no killing thing gets to be sort of a pain in the end, when he just starts moping around for entire episodes. He should learn from Arnie in Terminator 2 and start busting kneecaps.

although i haven't seen much of the series in anime of trigun, i have been reading the first two volumes of the trigun manga. if you read them, chaos, you'll get a better understanding of vash's no killing theory. also, the anime skips over alot of the manga material and shove it in later for flashbacks and crap. i do recommend that you read the mangas.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2004 05:41 AM
Chaos_Cow

No, I understand WHY he doesn't kill. It just gets annoying, like when he steps in and takes the saxophone blasts when he could simply shoot the guy in the leg or something.

By the way, I simply cannot stand that assassin who comes after the Demon Eye and before the Samurai. The one who shoots spikes. He's just terrible. Him and the little kid are some of the most poorly thought up characters I can imagine. Wolfwood's incredibly awesomeness makes up for it.

Conversely, the sniper assassin is absolutely incredible. You see so little of him, but he seems to be one of the few who really embodies the spirit of what all of the assassins SHOULD be like. No talk, no bragging, all business. He fails, and without thinking, he kills himself. His gun and everything are absolutely SO cool that you end up feeling sympathetic, just because he's so professional. HE is the man. One of the coolest anime characters I've ever seen.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2004 05:47 AM
Chaos_Cow is currently offline Click here to Send Chaos_Cow a Private Message Find more posts by Chaos_Cow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

are you referring to the members of the gun-ho gang? in the manga, from what i read so far, vash has defeated about 2-3 of the 12 i think was what legato had told him. the first assassin, he should've just killed him when he had the chance. i guess the anime doesn't go over much of vash's memories of rem than.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2004 05:59 AM
Lord Ryugen
No longer hairy

quote:
Originally posted by BOPRecruit 16
although i haven't seen much of the series in anime of trigun, i have been reading the first two volumes of the trigun manga. if you read them, chaos, you'll get a better understanding of vash's no killing theory. also, the anime skips over alot of the manga material and shove it in later for flashbacks and crap. i do recommend that you read the mangas.

I'd love to read the Manga but I'm stuck in the middle of nowhere so I can't Dammit sad

Old Post Mar 19th, 2004 11:15 AM
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

while trouble follows vash as he tries to make peace, where the heck is his twin brother, knives?! i asked my best buddy, but she's not really sure. she said he might have been training somewhere else on the planet or whater....

Old Post Mar 20th, 2004 05:38 AM
Chaos_Cow

You really wanna know where Knives is? According to the series, at least, which (from what I've seen of the manga) is exceptionally faithful in comparison to others such as Hellsing, he's in a big tank recovering because Vash really messed him up that time he destroyed a city.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2004 07:53 AM
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

oh yeah...from as far as i got in vol.2 of the manga, legato or one of the assassin did mention that but didn't name knives specially. i think there was a pic. *shrugs*

Old Post Mar 21st, 2004 07:55 AM
Chaos_Cow

Just added that little obnoxious "do you really want to know" as sort of a weak-ass spoiler warning. Just in case. But yeah, that's where he is until right at the end. You have any idea just HOW he got Legato working for him? I assume he paid the Gung-ho guns...

Oh, by the way, you're in for some really lame assassins by the time you finish with the Gung-ho guns. Although the stoic sniper is AWESOME, there are some very, very stupid ones too. Like the muppet, the human gyroscope, and the kid with no particular talents. You've been warned!

Old Post Mar 21st, 2004 08:03 AM
Kitoky
Starting Anew

Dude Knives is awesome.

Thank you so much Eezy!!
I'm starting over, do not mistake me for my brother - he has left. Eezy has convinced me to come back, give him some credit.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2004 12:43 AM
Kitoky is currently offline Click here to Send Kitoky a Private Message Find more posts by Kitoky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowSorciere

Knives is kick-a$$ devil He's my second favorite, apparently I'm like him according to my friend blink Which I don't think is true...I don't want to kill everyone just a choice few smile

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2004 06:37 AM
ShadowSorciere is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowSorciere a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowSorciere Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kitoky
Starting Anew

Muwaahahah devil

Attachment: knives.jpg
This has been downloaded 32 time(s).

Thank you so much Eezy!!
I'm starting over, do not mistake me for my brother - he has left. Eezy has convinced me to come back, give him some credit.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2004 03:38 PM
Kitoky is currently offline Click here to Send Kitoky a Private Message Find more posts by Kitoky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowSorciere

eek! KNIVES!!!!!!!! eek! Doesn't he look so cool right there? happy Like he's about to kill someone...oh wait he was going to...

OH OH I have a question. At the end of the cartoon, I got a question. Did Knives in the end or not, this is for the cartoon. Because me and my friend used to argue for hours. I think he died and she thinks Vash just wrapped him up in bandages and took him someplace confused

Old Post Mar 24th, 2004 04:39 AM