KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » LIGHT SIDE DISCUSSION- Jedi Morality

LIGHT SIDE DISCUSSION- Jedi Morality
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
yerssot

heck, he's right about one of us big grin

Old Post Jun 5th, 2002 08:13 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I was just joshing, Lance... can you answer him, btw?

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jun 5th, 2002 08:14 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

council orders first, but if someone needs help, that goes first

Old Post Jun 5th, 2002 08:16 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Sure thing.

I think that the Jedi Council both followed the lead of the Republic and maybe they also had their own reasons.

Like no wanting us to get involved so the Republic Senate doesn't frown upon the Jedi and their ways.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2002 08:18 PM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

That wasn't the question. He said leaving that aside for now.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Jun 5th, 2002 08:18 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Then what's the question?

Old Post Jun 5th, 2002 08:20 PM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Bad timing, Lance, I was talking to yerss. Your answer was lovely.

BtVS

Old Post Jun 5th, 2002 08:21 PM
yerssot

quote:
Originally posted by Ushgarak
That wasn't the question. He said leaving that aside for now.

then I misunderstood sad

Old Post Jun 5th, 2002 08:25 PM
LanceWindu

quote:
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Bad timing, Lance, I was talking to yerss. Your answer was lovely.

Good to know.

BTW I hate it when it allows two people to post on the same thread at the exact same time. Don't you?

Old Post Jun 5th, 2002 08:26 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

This was Brith's question, yerss:

"At the start of Ush's second story the Jedi Council instructed the Lightsiders not to interfere with the war on Damogran. Without getting into arguments about whether you should follow the Council or follow your heart what are people's views on why the Council decided not to interfere? Do you think Mace, Yoda and that guy with the binary brain just followed the Republic's lead or do you think they had their own reasons why they thought you should not get involved."

And Lance- yes I do!

BtVS

Old Post Jun 5th, 2002 08:27 PM
LanceWindu

They should make something so it doesn't allow that. It would make things around here that much more organized.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2002 08:31 PM
yerssot

your bro's question:

I think it was a lot of things combined, like Argentis (apperently), because if he lost his temper the Jedi would look bad

Old Post Jun 5th, 2002 08:33 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Right-oh.

Brith, *I* think it was Mace panicking because he thought the characters might notice he had just deleted Kamino from the archives...

BtVS

Old Post Jun 5th, 2002 08:35 PM
Brith

All fair answers, though it does make Yoda and co sound a lot like politicians. Do you think that the Council could have chosen this path as they thought it would be the best way to resolve the conflict and not because they were concerned with the reputation of the Jedi?

Brith thinks again....

Old Post Jun 5th, 2002 08:37 PM
Brith is currently offline Click here to Send Brith a Private Message Find more posts by Brith Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Brith

All fair answers... except for the Mace answer.

Brith thinks again....

Old Post Jun 5th, 2002 08:38 PM
Brith is currently offline Click here to Send Brith a Private Message Find more posts by Brith Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

What about my answer? What about my answer????????

BtVS

Old Post Jun 5th, 2002 08:38 PM
Brith

Errr, Ill think about your answer Ush.

Brith thinks again....

Old Post Jun 5th, 2002 08:43 PM
yerssot

quote:
Originally posted by Brith
All fair answers, though it does make Yoda and co sound a lot like politicians. Do you think that the Council could have chosen this path as they thought it would be the best way to resolve the conflict and not because they were concerned with the reputation of the Jedi?

I never trusted them wink

nah, I think the TPM-AOTC time is still a time where Jedi had an enormous reputation that they didn't need to defend

Old Post Jun 5th, 2002 08:44 PM
Gundark
Mayhem

Remember what Obi Wan said "Don't do ANYTHING without consulting either the council or myself first."

The Jedi does not take the "law" into its own hands.

Once you are back in front of the council yerssot, you have quite a lot to atone for.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2002 08:50 PM
Gundark is currently offline Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

So speaks the Master!

What do you make of Brith's questions, Gundy?

BtVS

Old Post Jun 5th, 2002 08:51 PM