KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » Beauxbaton?

Beauxbaton?
Started by: zod-doom

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
sammii

the schoool is sall girl n durmstrang is all boy (pure bloods) otherewise wouldn,t they have a bb boy pit his name in the goblet ............. deffinately all girls

Old Post Dec 26th, 2005 04:59 PM
sammii is currently offline Click here to Send sammii a Private Message Find more posts by sammii Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Idk035

In the book there are boys, but in the movie its all girls. The boy who danced with Parvati is a Durmstrang boy.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2011 09:34 PM
Idk035 is currently offline Click here to Send Idk035 a Private Message Find more posts by Idk035 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
siriuswriter

Yes. Beauxbatons is a co-ed school. The reason why the movies portray it as an all-girls school is for cinematic balance - because Durmstrang is presented being in the movie as an all-boys school. The book doesn't say if it's all-boys or co-ed, but I think that Durmstrang is more liable to be just males.

Then in the movie it's like - presenting Hogwarts : quirky, off-key, wonky. presenting Beauxbatons : light, fairie, flowing, graceful. presenting durmstrang : manly, carrying big magic sticks, acrobatic, quidditch star.

There are a number of icons that became available after GoF came out, all "explaining" the differences between movie and book. One of them said, "Beauxbatons : All of our boys died of sexual frustration."

Answers. YAY!

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Last edited by siriuswriter on Jul 30th, 2011 at 06:12 AM

Old Post Jul 30th, 2011 06:09 AM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soundgun99

Re: Beauxbaton?

In the movie they seemed to imply that it is an all girl school, but in the books Rowling writes that it is co-ed.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by zod-doom
Is beauxbaton an all girl school or is it co-ed, I am writing a fan-fic and i just want to know, either way my story will most likely end up NC-17

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2013 05:19 PM
Soundgun99 is currently offline Click here to Send Soundgun99 a Private Message Find more posts by Soundgun99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote