KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » On Krypton, can Superman perform all the powers he performs on Earth.

On Krypton, can Superman perform all the powers he performs on Earth.
Started by: FistOfThe North

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FistOfThe North

On Krypton, can Superman perform all the powers he performs on Earth.

I know the Earth's gravity, atosmphere and sun are different than on Krypton, but on Krypton, could all Kryptonians do what Superman can do on Earth?

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2005 03:02 AM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

no, Krypton had a red sun. kryptonians powers are not due to gravity, its due to being in contact with yellow sun rays.

a krypton who lives under a red sun (or no sun) like the the kryptonians did would be exactly the same as us humans in every way.

for example if superman left the earth solar system in a space ship (or flying) and was not in contact with a yellow star he would eventually revert to being human, once he depleted his energy reserves anyways.

if all kryptonians DID always have powers then they prolly would have survived the destruction of Krypton, and clark would not be "the last son" cause all the kryptonians would have just flowen away as the planet exploded.

so no, they have no powers...lol

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Last edited by ((The_Anomaly)) on Nov 22nd, 2005 at 03:46 AM

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2005 03:41 AM
((The_Anomaly)) is currently offline Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ZephroCarnelian

Superman's powers come from a certain frequency of radiation given off by a star.

When a star is Yellow, these rays are at their peak.

The further away a star is from it's Yellow stage, the less of these rays it gives out and the weaker he is.

A red stage star gives out the exact opposite to Yellow rays, removing his powers totally, until he's recharged by yellow sunlight.

As long as he stays away from a red star, he always has a store of yellow sunlight energy in him to give him power.

The REAL Men on KMC - Whirly, Juntai, Darkcrawler, Avalon...

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2005 01:13 PM
ZephroCarnelian is currently offline Click here to Send ZephroCarnelian a Private Message Find more posts by ZephroCarnelian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

So does our yellow Sun have anything to do with Superman's immortality?

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2005 05:28 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ZephroCarnelian

Yes. Kryptonians aren't naturally immortal.

They live for thousands of years, yes.

But they're not immortal.

Whereas Supes will live as long as he's in contact with a yellow sun.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2005 06:33 PM
ZephroCarnelian is currently offline Click here to Send ZephroCarnelian a Private Message Find more posts by ZephroCarnelian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Since there is red sun radiation guns, would someone be able to make yellow sun ones? Which would give Kryptonians powers instead of weakening them.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2005 07:16 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ZephroCarnelian

Probably.

It's a bit like in Avengers/JLA.

Some bad guys were hitting Supes with KNite and RedSol.

When Vision saw this, he started firing YellowSol at him to re-energise him. yes

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2005 07:19 PM
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Nice. smile

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2005 07:21 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ZephroCarnelian
Yes. Kryptonians aren't naturally immortal.

They live for thousands of years, yes.

But they're not immortal.

Whereas Supes will live as long as he's in contact with a yellow sun.

Wow, dude. That is crazy, lol..

I've been wanting to know more about Krypton and Kryptonians for some reason. I knew about it before but Im real curious about it now.

Like I found out Krypton came back as a planet thanks to Superman Prime. He resurrected Jor 'El and everyone else and Supes father told him he was "Proud of him" and he resurrected Lois, too..

Cool stuff to know right there...

cool

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2005 10:49 PM
Fanboy

The last son of Krypton version of Superman can have his powers on krypton way more powerful then on earth because Superman's muscles were actually growing and he got taller.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2005 01:02 PM
Fanboy is currently offline Click here to Send Fanboy a Private Message Find more posts by Fanboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fanboy

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2005 01:05 PM
Fanboy is currently offline Click here to Send Fanboy a Private Message Find more posts by Fanboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kal-El_08
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: On Krypton, can Superman perform all the powers he performs on Earth.

Originally posted by FistOfThe North
I know the Earth's gravity, atosmphere and sun are different than on Krypton, but on Krypton, could all Kryptonians do what Superman can do on Earth?

No because Krypton has a red sun and a red sun can take away a Kryptonian's powers.If Superman could use his powers on Krypton,then his entire race would have been able to do so too and would have been able to just fly off Krypton to another planet when Krypton was about to explode.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2005 03:01 AM
Kal-El_08 is currently offline Click here to Send Kal-El_08 a Private Message Find more posts by Kal-El_08 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

Re: Re: On Krypton, can Superman perform all the powers he performs on Earth.

Originally posted by Ultimate Hulk43
No because Krypton has a red sun and a red sun can take away a Kryptonian's powers.If Superman could use his powers on Krypton,then his entire race would have been able to do so too and would have been able to just fly off Krypton to another planet when Krypton was about to explode.

Thats right, i didn't think about that.

I know Kryptonians are more advanced and outlive humans but are they more physically powerful than humans are or are their strengths equal.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Nov 24th, 2005 02:27 PM
ZephroCarnelian

Their strengths and durability are equal.

They're just extremely longlived because a) they've been genetically engineered to age slower and b) they have banks of clones from which they can harvest organs if someone needs healing.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2005 02:59 PM
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

Here is a scan proving Supes can be powered by more than a yellow Sun.

Attachment: superman and starlight.jpg
This has been downloaded 386 time(s).

"I am not afraid of the dark the dark's afraid of me"

Old Post Nov 24th, 2005 04:03 PM
snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

Here is another.............

Attachment: superman and starlight 001.jpg
This has been downloaded 361 time(s).

"I am not afraid of the dark the dark's afraid of me"

Old Post Nov 24th, 2005 04:04 PM
snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hegemon875
Archvillain

Hmm seems like he aborbs all sunlight except red.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2005 05:07 PM
Hegemon875 is currently offline Click here to Send Hegemon875 a Private Message Find more posts by Hegemon875 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

Their strengths and durability are equal.

They're just extremely longlived because a) they've been genetically engineered to age slower and b) they have banks of clones from which they can harvest organs if someone needs healing.

A question out of context but do you think, what you've stated, can or is happeneing here on Earth? And that every human on earth can actually become the intelligent beings Kryptonians were?

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Nov 24th, 2005 06:03 PM
ZephroCarnelian

The Kryptonians were intelligent, but eventually the became devoid of emotion and contact with eachother.

They didn't even have relationships - whenever a Kryptonian died, they replaced him with a baby born in vitro - without the mother and father ever having met.

Jor-El was a rebel and that's why he demanded to see Lara's holo-image. Then he summoned her to him when he found out Krypton was going to blow and told her that their baby was gonna be safe.

Supes' dad was the first Kryptonian in a thousand years to break from tradition. I have an entire mini-series from 86 called The Krypton Chronicles that shows Krypton and it's people from it's origins, right the way to it blowing up.

I'm off to watch telly now, but remind me some time and I'll scan some images from it! smile

Old Post Nov 24th, 2005 07:00 PM
FistOfThe North

The Kryptonians were intelligent, but eventually the became devoid of emotion and contact with eachother.

They didn't even have relationships - whenever a Kryptonian died, they replaced him with a baby born in vitro - without the mother and father ever having met.

Jor-El was a rebel and that's why he demanded to see Lara's holo-image. Then he summoned her to him when he found out Krypton was going to blow and told her that their baby was gonna be safe.

Supes' dad was the first Kryptonian in a thousand years to break from tradition. I have an entire mini-series from 86 called The Krypton Chronicles that shows Krypton and it's people from it's origins, right the way to it blowing up.

I'm off to watch telly now, but remind me some time and I'll scan some images from it! smile

That be great. I'd like to know more about Krypton and new Krypton and the Kryptonian people.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Nov 24th, 2005 10:56 PM