KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » James Bond Series » Favorite Roger Moore Bond Movie?

Whats your favorite Roger Moore James Bond movie?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Live and Let Die 12 16.67%
The Man With The Golden Gun 10 13.89%
The Spy Who Loved Me 26 36.11%
MoonRaker 3 4.17%
For Your Eyes Only 10 13.89%
Octopussy 5 6.94%
A View To A Kill 6 8.33%
Total: 72 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Favorite Roger Moore Bond Movie?
Started by: Mr Parker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mr Parker

Question Favorite Roger Moore Bond Movie?

Which is your favorite Roger Moore James Bond movie and why?
the choices of course are
1.Live and Let Die
2.The Man With The Golden Gun.
3.The Spy Who Loved Me
4.MoonRaker
5.For Your Eyes Only
6.Octopussy
7.A View To A Kill.

My favorite is The Spy who loved me because Jaws was the scariest and most dangerous villain Bond ever faced IMO and the care he drove was the coolest car of his he ever had in the bond series IMO as well,and catherine bach and that woman helicopter pilot who was trying to kill him were just drop dead gorgeous.Plus the theme song NOBODY DOES IT BETTER is awesome and my favorite.
whats yours and why?

Old Post Nov 26th, 2005 07:19 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Clovie

can't decide..
LALD was nice and TSWLM confused

tricked me once - shame on you, tricked me twice - shame on me

Old Post Nov 26th, 2005 07:29 PM
Clovie is currently offline Click here to Send Clovie a Private Message Find more posts by Clovie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Yeah I understand what you mean,Its hard to pick because they are all good except for View To a Kill.Didnt really care for that one especially with Grace Jones being the villain.yuck.It was a hard for me to choose between that one and For your eyes only because I especially love those two.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2005 07:45 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dusty

The man with the golden gun was the first moore movie I ever saw.

Plus it has Hervé Villechaize and Christopher lee. thumb up

Old Post Nov 26th, 2005 08:36 PM
Dusty is currently offline Click here to Send Dusty a Private Message Find more posts by Dusty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

LALD is good... and that's pretty much it though I like TSWLM and FYEO too

Old Post Nov 26th, 2005 09:37 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doc Ock
The Master Planner

Live and Let die is one of my all time favs.Even though Q was missing from it sad

But Baron Samedi and Tee Hee are some of the best Bond villains ever.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2006 08:02 PM
Doc Ock is currently offline Click here to Send Doc Ock a Private Message Find more posts by Doc Ock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

they did it to get a more realistic Bond, though with Samedi returning from the dead, I'm not sure how they can keep that standing

Old Post Jan 6th, 2006 10:05 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor Lecter
Cannibalistic Physician

My favorite is A View to a Kill.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2006 09:26 PM
Doctor Lecter is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor Lecter a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor Lecter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

with Mayday??? then what is the worse besides Moonraker??

Old Post Jan 8th, 2006 07:43 PM
Mr Parker

Good question Yerssot. I would sure like to hear as well from him whats the worst Bond movie with Moore if its not A View To A Kill.A View To A Kill is the ONLY Bond movie with Moore that I did NOT like.Like you said,Mayday was the worst thing about that movie.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2006 09:15 PM
yerssot

they got confused:
they needed a girl, a male villain and a horse but they mixed them up together and got Mayday

Old Post Jan 8th, 2006 11:01 PM
Mr Parker

Yep.thats what happened also when they cast Halle Berry for Catwoman. big grin

Old Post Jan 9th, 2006 03:23 AM
Doc Ock
The Master Planner

Moonraker was just trying to compete with the Star Wars movies.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2006 03:29 AM
Doc Ock is currently offline Click here to Send Doc Ock a Private Message Find more posts by Doc Ock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

only, Star Wars was good wink

Old Post Jan 9th, 2006 09:49 PM
Mr Parker

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Doctor Lecter
My favorite is A View to a Kill.

wow I cant believe it.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2006 05:18 PM
Rampant ox

The Man with The Golden Gun is easily the best because it has the best actor in the world playing Scaramanga - Christopher Lee.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2006 07:25 PM
Rampant ox is currently offline Click here to Send Rampant ox a Private Message Find more posts by Rampant ox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

yeah he's a great actor.thats one of my favorite Bond films as well.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2006 10:16 PM
Fianchettoer
Croquet mangler

Roger Moore is evidently the best Bond, so his movies are tough to choose from. I always enjoyed The Man with the Golden Gun, but Moonraker always keeps my interest. I'd say Octopussy is the coolest one of all. For Your Eyes Only wasn't great, and A View to a Kill wasn't too good either. Between Moonraker and The man with the Golden Gun. The Spy Who Loved Me was cool too though.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2006 01:24 AM
Fianchettoer is currently offline Click here to Send Fianchettoer a Private Message Find more posts by Fianchettoer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RZA
Shaolin Monk

This one's a tough one. I like 'em all with a 'View to a Kill' definitely being the weakest.

'The man with the Golden gun' had some very cool villains played by Christopher Lee and Tattoo. Jaws was also one of the coolest recurring villains in a couple of these films.

'The Spy who loved me' and 'For your eyes only' both had memorable songs made for the movie.

'Moonraker' was loaded with action and 'Live let Die' also had cool villains and that black magic vodoo vibe. Loved the train scene in that one.

And what can you say about 'Octopussy' that hasn't already been said. The title alone speaks for itself plus I loved the new ingenious weapons used in that one. Hand-held electrical saws I think they were.

If I have to choose one I'd guess I'd have to go with 'TMWTGG'. Scaramanga was just the coolest villain that Bond had ever faced and one of his most difficult challenges. Plus wasn't this the one where we saw Bond bust out his Kung Fu moves while taking on a few ninjas. Yep I'm pretty sure it was.

‘Sorry but I just can’t trust anything that bleeds for about a week and doesn’t die’ My poetry and stuff

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2006 07:11 PM
RZA is currently offline Click here to Send RZA a Private Message Find more posts by RZA Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

well said.Those are all great points on why The Roger Moore Bond movies are so great.But like you said,A View to a kill was easily his weakest Bond film.I mean Grace Jones as a Bond woman? yeech,I had a hard time not barfing seeing him get into bed with that ugly ape. sick Too Bad Moore had to go out in his swan song with that Bond movie. sad

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2006 09:59 PM