KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » James Bond Series » Favorite Roger Moore Bond Movie?

Whats your favorite Roger Moore James Bond movie?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Live and Let Die 12 16.67%
The Man With The Golden Gun 10 13.89%
The Spy Who Loved Me 26 36.11%
MoonRaker 3 4.17%
For Your Eyes Only 10 13.89%
Octopussy 5 6.94%
A View To A Kill 6 8.33%
Total: 72 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Favorite Roger Moore Bond Movie?
Started by: Mr Parker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Martin

The ending that involves Nick Nack throwing champagne glasses at Bond? I get your point. The duel was intense but still......

Old Post Jun 30th, 2010 08:07 PM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ChocolateCake
I wouldn't say that TMWTGG is a silly entry in the series, but it is not one of the best. Scaramanga is probably the best thing about the film.

yeah he really made the film fun to watch.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2010 08:07 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hatchet

Originally posted by Darth Martin
Are you two serious? The Man With The Golden Gun isn't silly to you?

Sheriff Pepper spring to mind? Nick Nack? The martial arts girls' whooping ass?

Scaramanga is damn good villain. Granted, but that doesn't stop me from saying the film is beyond silly. There are good moments in the film but it isn't one of the better entries.

Actually, overall, all of Moore's films are silly with the possible exception of LALD & FYEO(why it's one of my favorites; Moore in a serious spy thriller).

Sheriff Pepper added some nice comic touches to the film. I cannot believe that you have said FYEO is a good film. It is one of the worst enteries in the franchise.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2010 02:59 PM
Hatchet is currently offline Click here to Send Hatchet a Private Message Find more posts by Hatchet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

Sheriff Pepper is one of the worst characters in the series. What's worse is that he managed to appear in two entries.

FYEO is a very good Bond film(not great). It is Moore's most serious spy thriller, has a good villain in Kristatos, a great ski chase, a nice car chase, and a good PTS sequence. I enjoy it.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2010 03:18 PM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Originally posted by Hatchet
Sheriff Pepper added some nice comic touches to the film. I cannot believe that you have said FYEO is a good film. It is one of the worst enteries in the franchise.

errr no its not.Darth Martin just answered WHY its one of the best.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2010 09:34 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hatchet

Sheriff Pepper is one of the worst characters in the series. What's worse is that he managed to appear in two entries.

FYEO is a very good Bond film(not great). It is Moore's most serious spy thriller, has a good villain in Kristatos, a great ski chase, a nice car chase, and a good PTS sequence. I enjoy it.

While I agree that the PTS is one of the best in the franchise as it is a nice nod to Bond's history the rest of the film is just a complete mess. The main villain is useless and the climax is dreadful.

Originally posted by Mr Parker
errr no its not.Darth Martin just answered WHY its one of the best.

FYEO is pretty much universally condemned.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2010 01:06 AM
Hatchet is currently offline Click here to Send Hatchet a Private Message Find more posts by Hatchet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChocolateCake

I adore the pre title sequence in FYEO. Whenever we see a glimpse of Bond acting like a normal human being I think it enhances the character.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2010 02:06 PM
ChocolateCake is currently offline Click here to Send ChocolateCake a Private Message Find more posts by ChocolateCake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

I adore the pre title sequence in FYEO. Whenever we see a glimpse of Bond acting like a normal human being I think it enhances the character.

the opening sequence to the film with the helicopter I think is probably the best in the Bond films with one of the two or three best entrys of the Moore Bond movie.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2010 05:09 PM
Darth Martin

While I agree that the PTS is one of the best in the franchise as it is a nice nod to Bond's history the rest of the film is just a complete mess. The main villain is useless and the climax is dreadful.
Won't argue as I can see your point. But after TSWLM and OP, it's clearly the best Moore outing for me.

FYEO is pretty much universally condemned.
Universally as in the general public? As in the people who can't name half of the films(or even know they exist)? The people who consider George Lazenby a mere "trivia question". Wouldn't OHMSS fall under the phrase "univerally condemned"? Yeah, I don't give a shit what the general public says.

It's not one of my favorites but it is good. I agree, Moore played the graveyard scene very well IMO.

Originally posted by Mr Parker
the opening sequence to the film with the helicopter I think is probably the best in the Bond films with one of the two or three best entrys of the Moore Bond movie.
Good? Yes. The best? No.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2010 02:26 AM
Hatchet

Universally condemned is a turn of phrase. If you are going to have these conversations have the sense to think first.
I have never met a fan of the Bond franchise who likes FYEO. Like I said it is universally condemned.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2010 04:04 PM
Darth Martin

Well, I haven't had the luxury of meeting many Bond fans, period, in person that is. I mainly converse with you fellow posters here and at this site; check it out:
http://debrief.commanderbond.net/

There are fans of everything Bond-related on there.

Last edited by Darth Martin on Jul 4th, 2010 at 09:02 PM

Old Post Jul 4th, 2010 09:00 PM
Alpha-7
No.1

Universally condemned is a turn of phrase. If you are going to have these conversations have the sense to think first.
I have never met a fan of the Bond franchise who likes FYEO. Like I said it is universally condemned.

While you are right that most fans of the Bond films do not like FYEO too much there is no need to be so aggressive about it.

Thanks to Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2010 03:45 PM
Alpha-7 is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha-7 a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha-7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hatchet

Won't argue as I can see your point. But after TSWLM and OP, it's clearly the best Moore outing for me.

Universally as in the general public? As in the people who can't name half of the films(or even know they exist)? The people who consider George Lazenby a mere "trivia question". Wouldn't OHMSS fall under the phrase "univerally condemned "? Yeah, I don't give a shit what the general public says.

OHMSS is regarded by most real Bond fans to be one of the best ever made so it would clearly not fall under the phrase universally condemned.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2010 03:55 PM
Darth Martin

That may be true when it comes to Bond fans such ourselves. But to the general public which is what I think would be accounted for when you say universally it is very much known as that one outcast of the series and Lazenby as a mere trivia question. Ignorance, I know but that is the way it is unfortunately.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2010 08:15 PM
Hatchet

That may be true when it comes to Bond fans such ourselves. But to the general public which is what I think would be accounted for when you say universally it is very much known as that one outcast of the series and Lazenby as a mere trivia question. Ignorance, I know but that is the way it is unfortunately.

You again misunderstand a simple turn of phrase. What those who are not real Bond fans think of Lazenby does not matter.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2010 01:47 AM
God

FYEO is not a great Bond film. It is however not the worst. It has some good moments including the PTS. But the threat levels in the film were quite poor.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2010 12:44 PM
003 is currently offline Click here to Send 003 a Private Message Find more posts by 003 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

bump.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2010 06:22 PM
Darth Martin

No need to bump this man. We've all given are opinions on the Moore rankings. We're not all going to agree on FYEO it seems.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2010 11:52 PM
Mr Parker

the only reason I bump it is to keep it lined up together with the connery Bond movies.lol.wish people wouldnt keep them seperate like they been doing and keep the threads together.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2010 07:25 PM
ADarksideJedi
Jackie Malfoy

Live And Let Die is my favorite!

Morning Glory, ,DamienB(my busband),Spoonly,Tired hiker!a1hsauce,Coucil#13,Kongudude,Scottie,Syren
Killa420,miroku,sanctuary,mairuzu,
KILLA4,JacopexLethalfemme,LadyGrim,ashle,Mišt,oman
32,Scythe,DebbieJo,DeathReaperr,Britrogue,Neha,Joe
K,Mandos,Wild Cherry,Roland,Rogue Jedi,Jaehskywalker,Lord Kerrigor,ALostSoul,Running Mascara,Raventheonly,NewJak,,Captain Maynard,Sparkly,Dominic Gargone.
Majid86, Rudester.

Old Post Jul 27th, 2010 01:56 PM
ADarksideJedi is currently offline Click here to Send ADarksideJedi a Private Message Find more posts by ADarksideJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote