KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » OK, Burton is a moron when it comes to Batman...

OK, Burton is a moron when it comes to Batman...
Started by: Harvey Dent

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (27): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Harvey Dent
Two-Face

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mr Parker
Actually Harvey it IS dark except Burton went overboard and made it TOO dark to where you can hardly see whats going on half the time in the movie, laughing He had the right idea about gothem being dark with the sets and everything but again he just went overboard and made it too dark to where you could not see what was going on half the time during the night scenes.which is why i prefer batman forever over burtons films because I like to be able to see what I am looking at. big grin

laughing

But I would still like to mention, what is dark about Burton's version? I see nothing dark other than what Parker mentioned.

Nolan's version is dark - the city is corrupt, the Judge and the police force are being payed off by Falconie so he can ship in drugs. That to me is dark.

For Burton? He makes a goofy clown gang and people think that is dark. This is nothing more than a kids movie to me. This movie was played on teletoon the other day - a kids tv station just to add insult to injury. You will never see Nolan's version on that station - ever.

Coin lands on the bad head - we hit 'em hard."

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2006 04:59 AM
Harvey Dent is currently offline Click here to Send Harvey Dent a Private Message Find more posts by Harvey Dent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Harvey Dent
Two-Face

Another little nugget I noticed on Burton's version when it was played on Saturday morning on teletoon:

why does Batman walk up a huge flight of stairs to chase down the joker?

this part in the movie is really lame - why doesn't Batman use his grapple-shot to get up to the top?

Burton made Batman look really lame in that scene.

Coin lands on the bad head - we hit 'em hard."

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2006 05:05 AM
Harvey Dent is currently offline Click here to Send Harvey Dent a Private Message Find more posts by Harvey Dent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kovacs86

Batman ues stairs at leastt twice to chase Jac/ joker...

Thanks to Badwolf for the great sig!

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2006 08:04 AM
Kovacs86 is currently offline Click here to Send Kovacs86 a Private Message Find more posts by Kovacs86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jenzie
you know my name .....

Originally posted by Harvey Dent
Another little nugget I noticed on Burton's version when it was played on Saturday morning on teletoon:

why does Batman walk up a huge flight of stairs to chase down the joker?

this part in the movie is really lame - why doesn't Batman use his grapple-shot to get up to the top?

Burton made Batman look really lame in that scene.

he just crashed the bloody batplane!!!
HOW WOULD YOU FEEL!!!!

"hmmm, what to do *feels woozy* ..... bugger it, i'l use the STAIRS!!!!"
Happy Dance

You can't deny the prize it may never fulfill you
It longs to kill you
Are you willing to die?

Old Post Mar 24th, 2006 01:36 AM
jenzie is currently offline Click here to Send jenzie a Private Message Find more posts by jenzie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cascador

we're also speaking of of the year 1989...do you think it would be possible to do a stunt like that...that would look lame if they did it with a dummy of batman...there were no digital doubles back then to pull such a stunt off, cause yeah that tower was very high.

"The greatest hero is the one who learns to face his fears and overconquers it!"

Old Post Mar 24th, 2006 01:42 AM
Cascador is currently offline Click here to Send Cascador a Private Message Find more posts by Cascador Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rafkins_Warning
A Crazy Person

You guys really need to get a life and quit b*tching about Batman '89 so much... we get it, it was lame... it was after all the 80's!

How did you look in the 80's? I doubt it was anything cooler than a purple dress suit, LOL!

In fact the only really awesome movie I think to come out in '89 was Heathers... and even watching that now it has some semi-lame parts.

We all get it so just let it go...

Old Post Mar 24th, 2006 03:07 AM
Rafkins_Warning is currently offline Click here to Send Rafkins_Warning a Private Message Find more posts by Rafkins_Warning Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Femi32

Originally posted by Rafkins_Warning
You guys really need to get a life and quit b*tching about Batman '89 so much... we get it, it was lame... it was after all the 80's!

How did you look in the 80's? I doubt it was anything cooler than a purple dress suit, LOL!

In fact the only really awesome movie I think to come out in '89 was Heathers... and even watching that now it has some semi-lame parts.

We all get it so just let it go...

thumb up

Old Post Mar 24th, 2006 03:46 AM
Femi32 is currently offline Click here to Send Femi32 a Private Message Find more posts by Femi32 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackC@
Confront the darkness

I agree with the first post. There is more to Batman than gunhs and explosives, Burton did not show this. There needs to be a lot more solving things and fighting in Burton's Batman.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2006 05:24 AM
BlackC@ is currently offline Click here to Send BlackC@ a Private Message Find more posts by BlackC@ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kovacs86

I think B89 didnt really hype up the action to badly... it's an OK movie, never great though. BB is awesome...

Old Post Mar 24th, 2006 06:12 PM
Kovacs86 is currently offline Click here to Send Kovacs86 a Private Message Find more posts by Kovacs86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rafkins_Warning
A Crazy Person

Yes, yes... we already know, Batman Begins rocks everyone's socks clear out of this plane of existence....

*mumbles to self*

Old Post Mar 26th, 2006 06:01 PM
Rafkins_Warning is currently offline Click here to Send Rafkins_Warning a Private Message Find more posts by Rafkins_Warning Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kovacs86

LMAO, it's better than B89 stick out tongue big grin stick out tongue

Old Post Mar 26th, 2006 06:04 PM
Rafkins_Warning
A Crazy Person

NOTHING IS BETTER THAN 89!!!!!!!

Just kidding.

Returns was better than all!

big grin

Old Post Mar 26th, 2006 06:09 PM
Kovacs86

Ha... well, I haventseen it for 10 years but... BB owns all!

Old Post Mar 26th, 2006 06:19 PM
Rafkins_Warning
A Crazy Person

I've seen it recently and it will always be the best.... four words to explain why:

Michelle Pfeiffer as Catwoman! yes

Last edited by Rafkins_Warning on Mar 26th, 2006 at 06:31 PM

Old Post Mar 26th, 2006 06:26 PM
Kovacs86

Rafkins and all others, in the comic forums people have made teams (Avengers, Authority and JLA) and named each member a charcter. I would be honoured if you would join me, scarecrow and samishe in starting the KMC Syndicate, made up of all villains

Old Post Mar 26th, 2006 06:28 PM
Scarecrow756
The Joker

NOTHING IS BETTER THAN 89!!!!!!!

Just kidding.

Returns was better than all!

big grin

IMO Returns is nearly as good as Batman Begins, but BB is just slighty better then Batman Returns IMO.

"STARTING TONIGHT PEOPLE WILL DIE.. I`M A MAN OF MY WORD"-
THE JOKER- THE DARK KNIGHT TEASER TRAILER

Old Post Mar 26th, 2006 06:35 PM
Scarecrow756 is currently offline Click here to Send Scarecrow756 a Private Message Find more posts by Scarecrow756 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scarecrow756
The Joker

Originally posted by Knightfall93
Rafkins and all others, in the comic forums people have made teams (Avengers, Authority and JLA) and named each member a charcter. I would be honoured if you would join me, scarecrow and samishe in starting the KMC Syndicate, made up of all villains

Doc Ock should be joing as well, if all goes well.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2006 06:36 PM
Scarecrow756 is currently offline Click here to Send Scarecrow756 a Private Message Find more posts by Scarecrow756 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rafkins_Warning
A Crazy Person

Originally posted by Knightfall93

Sure... I guess...

Old Post Mar 26th, 2006 06:37 PM
Scarecrow756
The Joker

Cool another member.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2006 06:42 PM
Mr Parker

Yes, yes... we already know, Batman Begins rocks everyone's socks clear out of this plane of existence....

*mumbles to self*

Yes it does. big grin the ONE and ONLY "TRUE" Batman movie. Happy Dance

Old Post Mar 26th, 2006 07:47 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote