KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » USH'S ORIGINAL TRILOGY GAME EPISODE I 'LANZAR'- Rebel Alliance Thread

USH'S ORIGINAL TRILOGY GAME EPISODE I 'LANZAR'- Rebel Alliance Thread
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (280): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

"Excusing Her Grace, but I don't trust politics. Let's not forget that our real duties can't be forgotten in our cover duties. The more "advisors" that aren't advising once the fancy chats start, the more odd we'll look. Frank and I will be going in as traders." He adds, "<You're all right with that, bud, right?>" with a quick look to Frank.

Rhys turns his attention again to Kyle and Eerin. "If you guys do pose as traders, you wanna meet up somewhere in the port? the more eyes we have, the better we can go around poking into Imperial matters."

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2005 07:53 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

"I think I should point out that if you knew anything about politics you would know that saying nothing, or even not turning up to anything, won't look the slightest bit odd. You are personal advisors to a Senator, not members of the committee."

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Nov 29th, 2005 at 09:14 PM

Old Post Nov 29th, 2005 07:57 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

"Hmm, Cassius and I can do whatever you want us to do. Altho I cannot speak for Cassius I am familiar with my homeworld political manoeuvring on a smaller scale, since my father used to be into city politics."

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Nov 29th, 2005 08:24 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

*Whispering back*
"Can't say I expected more from this scruffy group"

*to everyone*
"I'm open to go as an advisor. Traders just wouldn't work too well. Don't think we could pull off that scruffy look too well"

Old Post Nov 29th, 2005 11:54 PM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Brit
Duchess

Duchess Sasha keeps quiet, merely observing for a few moments.

"I would prefer if we were to arrive as a full delegation under Senator Klinge-Faust, myself," she finally says. "That way, there would not be issues with traders being in places that they ought not to be."

Punch your lights out, hit the pavement
That's what I call entertainment
Causing problems makes you famous
All the silence makes a statement

Old Post Nov 30th, 2005 12:13 AM
Brit is currently offline Click here to Send Brit a Private Message Find more posts by Brit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

"Oh, well, again," says the Contact, "Lanzar City is a thriving trading port, and the situation is only driving up prices for goods from Lanzar so entrepeneurial merchants are all around."

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Nov 30th, 2005 12:19 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alkaselzer
Thespian

"I concur with Duchess Torvuellé and Cassius," Galahad says, leaning back in his seat with his finger tips tapping gently against each other. "Advisors would be satisfactory to the purpose of our mission."

Galahad looks a little uneasy, then looks to the Contact. "Whilst I am entirely for the prevention of conflict between Lanzar and Coruscant, there is always the possibility that Senator Andran and his comrades will be unsuccessful in obtaining an agreement with Drakkon, and we will be present for the Imperial invasion. What will we do, in the event that we are caught up in the invasion? Should we fight back against the Stormtroopers?"

"Also, what are Drakkon's views of the situation? Does the Rebellion know yet?"

Old Post Nov 30th, 2005 12:24 AM
Alkaselzer is currently offline Click here to Send Alkaselzer a Private Message Find more posts by Alkaselzer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

"Senator, if the Imperials launch an attack on Lanzar City and the Senators are still there, it will be a miracle that we could only attest to the will of the Gods. You won't need to do anything if that happens; the Emperor will have lost. Lanzar would become a starting point for dozens or more of new worlds speaking dissent agains the Emperor. No, before the Emperor did that he would simply have the mission forcibly shut down; very bad for the Empire thought that would be, it would be better than having shots fired in the mission's presence.

"But in any other circumstance in which you get caught up in such fighting... this is a Civil War of our own we are launching. Don't feel you have to hold back. But try not to compromise your political position by being obvious about it.

"Drakkon we are unsure of. For an Osokan he's smart, and he seemed to be understanding of our tacit support for him, but we really know very little about him. I doubt a being who can become Guild Master is a being of delicacy. But one thing is for sure- he's no friend of the Empire."

BtVS

Old Post Nov 30th, 2005 12:33 AM
Alkaselzer
Thespian

"That is good indeed," Galahad replies. "He will most likely be willing to work with us, whether it regards finding a means of peace with Andran and the Empire, or fortifying Lanzar City."

Galahad rests his hands in his lap.

"I think it would be best if the Duchess and myself should retreat, if we are to be caught up in the fighting. That would include all of you coming with us, as my delegation. Otherwise, I would be of no further use to the Rebellion in the future; the Empire was quick to snatch Fang Zar all those years ago for his disloyalty, they would be quick to snatch me."

Old Post Nov 30th, 2005 12:51 AM
Alkaselzer is currently offline Click here to Send Alkaselzer a Private Message Find more posts by Alkaselzer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

"I doubt they will make such a positive identification of you in the confusion of fighting, Senator, and you can always make excuses. There have been others in your position that have gotten away with it, so lomng as you maintain a sense of proportion."

BtVS

Old Post Nov 30th, 2005 12:56 AM
Alkaselzer
Thespian

Galahad nods.

"Now, what of the Senatorial mission?"

Old Post Nov 30th, 2005 12:59 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

"Well, that's really your arena, Senator, not mine, but the core of it is three people strong. This trimvurate of Senators will decide Lanzar's future. As the Senate sees it, anyway."

BtVS

Old Post Nov 30th, 2005 01:01 AM
Alkaselzer
Thespian

What does Galahad know of the triumvirate? Who are the Senators, and where do they hail from, and what are their personal records and opinions on the matter?

Old Post Nov 30th, 2005 01:16 AM
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Turning away from the political talk, Rhys studies Kyle Ragnor and Eerin Chim again. Geonosians were uncommonly seen these days, and an Elite was even more rare. Yet he couldn't shake the feeling that he had seen one before. And paired with a human, no less. Could they be...?

"Excuse me, Kyle, is it? Exactly what sort of business were you in? Before you joined the Alliance, I mean?"

If this is who I think it is...

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2005 01:19 AM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Two of the Senators you have little idea about, Galahad. But the leader, Coran Andran, is both famous and powerful. He is a man of very powerful opinion who controls many votes in the Senate. He's made a nuisance of himself in the past, organising a massive protest over the Drobenite issue.

BtVS

Old Post Nov 30th, 2005 01:23 AM
Alkaselzer
Thespian

Huzzah for PT connections...

What does Galahad know of that issue? Perhaps from it, we can judge just how successful Senator Andran might be.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2005 01:46 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Droben was a troubled world that had effectivrly fallen out of Republican control and was endlessly fought over by brutal Warlords leading their private armies. That it got like that was a teastament to Republican cowardice at the time, being unwilling to stay when things turned nasty- a policy Andran vigorously attacked in the days of the Republic.

However, the Empire's solution of military occupation of the planet did not suit him any better, and he tabled a Senatorial motion condemning the action, on the grounds that slavery is no solution to conflict.

A vote was never taken due to procedural issues but it is well known that it would have passed. As it is, several people had to take the official blame for the issue; several Sentorial opponents to Andran- Senators close to the Impeiral authorities- lost out hugely.

BtVS

Old Post Nov 30th, 2005 02:14 AM
Alkaselzer
Thespian

Good to hear, I suppose. I am sure Andran will do well with the peace treaty, then.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2005 02:40 AM
Thraxis

Frank nods, and replies, "<Fine by me...>" He shivers, and continues, "<this room is far too cold... I'm going to freeze to death in here...>" He sounds like he means it, although he's been in colder places, for longer.

(OOC: sorry about the short post- lots a' stuff going on at once)

Old Post Nov 30th, 2005 02:55 AM
Thraxis is currently offline Click here to Send Thraxis a Private Message Find more posts by Thraxis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Rhys looks his companion over, worry creasing his forehead. He pats a wing comfortingly, but stops when he finds that the scarred membrane seems colder to the touch than the surrounding air. "Frank isn't doing well in here," he announces to the group. "Unless there is anything more to be said, I think we should get off this wretched ice ball. The Empire isn't standing still, expecting us, after all."

I suppose any conversation with this Ragnor can wait until later...

Old Post Nov 30th, 2005 03:34 AM