KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » General Fiction Area » Harry Potter Fiction » Lesson Learned

Lesson Learned
Started by: Regulus A Black

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Regulus A Black
Elder Mormon

Here is more of chapter 10

Ron finally arrived at the bathroom, five minute later. They frantically began reading the book, for any other clues on Horcruxes, besides the ones that they already had, they found out that a wizard that usually makes a horcrux, will not only put it in a place that he is familiar with, but he will set up barriers to protect it, barriers that only a powerful wizard would be able to get through, one that would be able to hear in their mind what the barrier was asking for. Harry then thought of when he and Dumbledore went to the cave, and he remembered Dumbledore leaning toward the wall, and then like he knew exactly what the wall was asking for, he cut his arm and dropped blood on it.

This means, that we must learn to control our magic better, as to be able to tune into magical noises that only powerful wizards can here. Well there is only one person alive that we know can help us learn, I’ll send a letter to him tonight, and ask him if he will teach us.

That night after the DA meeting, at which Harry had pushed everybody so hard, that they had mastered the trio spell, HAHISTNA, HAHISTNA CONTRAIG, and RELEASO HAHISTNA, Harry wrote a letter to Regulus, asking him if he could teach them how to fine tune their magical senses.

Draco woke up that morning ready for anything, his lessons with Snape had been exhausting, and on the days when Snape said it would be a long day, it nearly killed him. Snape had not told him what was going to happen, he had not told him that the Dark Lord was coming to check on them, he had not told him that he had volunteered to get him ready for this task.

“Draco, come here there is somebody here that wants to see you.” Snape said

Draco hurried into the room, looked around and was surprised so see the Dark Lord there. When he realized he was there, he hurried over bowed down, and kissed the hem of his robes. He then stood up and waited for his master to speak.

“Draco, I hear that you are doing much better in the lessons that Snape here has been giving you. I am correct to say that?” Voldemort said.

“That is what Snape tells me as well, so I would say you are correct.” Draco replied

“Would you mind if I got to see what he taught you for myself?” Voldemort asked.

“No master, but you should know he hasn’t yet prepared me much to attack yet, only to defend, he tells me that Regulus was one of your best Death Eaters when it came to attacking.” Draco said

“He would be correct to tell you that, but nonetheless, I would still like to see how you fair in a little duel.” Voldemort said, “No Draco, you will not be fighting me, but you will be fighting one of my death eaters. Nobody will die in this duel; I just want to see if the student has surpassed the teacher yet.”

“Me?” Snape asked, “You didn’t tell me that I was going to be dueling him, if I had known that I would have rested better, I was convinced he was going to be dueling you.”

“That is what you get for your ignorance Severus. You will duel the boy, or you will duel me.” Voldemort said. “Now that all of that is settled, wands at the ready, now bow, and begin.”

“ROHASHITO” Snape bellowed

“HAHISTNA” Draco replied, and the tiny little magical mirror appeared in front of Draco, and reflected the spell back towards Snape.

“HAHISTNA CONTRAIG.” Snape responded, and the magical mirrors appeared in front of him and absorbed the spell, he then placed the mirror into his pocket.

“CRUCIO” Draco said, and it hit Snape square in the chest as he was placing the mirror in his pocket. Snape fell to the ground and started screaming from pain.

After a few seconds, he got up and angry he yelled “SECTEMSEMPRA,” but Draco was ready for this.

“HAHISTNA” he called, but that is exactly what Snape was waiting for, Snape quickly pulled the mirror out of his pocket, and held it up in front of him, and the mirror absorbed the spell, but to his surprise, the mirror did not start glowing, it was not powerful enough yet he thought.

“FURNUNCULUS” Draco called.

Snape wondered why Draco would use such a weak spell, but still screamed “HAHISTNA” then he realized what he had done, Draco had the same plan that he did.

“HAHISTNA CONTRAIG,” Draco bellowed, and a proud smirk came on his face. He was getting close to being able to defeat Snape.

“CRUCIO” Snape said.

“PROTEGO” Draco responded, and the spell was blocked.

The Dark Lord watched all this, and was pleased with how much defense that Snape had taught Draco. He noticed that not once has Draco been hit by a spell, and Snape had been hit once. Then he realized “Severus, do your best, or I will kill you.” The Dark Lord said.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2006 12:04 AM
Regulus A Black is currently offline Click here to Send Regulus A Black a Private Message Find more posts by Regulus A Black Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Regulus A Black
Elder Mormon

Here is more of chapter 10

“I’m trying to teach him, while we duel so he will improve.” Snape replied just then, Draco sent another spell flying at Snape who again said “HAHISTNA” and reflected the spell back at Draco. Draco raised his mirror, and absorbed the spell, and then the mirror began to glow.

Snape knew this was his chance to teach Draco, what he wanted to teach him. “VERITOPUS” Snape said, just as Draco yelled “RELEASO HAHISTNA.” The spells hit it midair, and then they turned into a jet of water, that couldn’t hurt anybody.

“Wait what happened?” Draco asked.

“There is only one way to defend yourself against your opponent when they are releasing the spells trapped inside there magical mirror. It is by the spell that I yelled it turns the jet of spells, into whatever the caster is thinking of, besides another spell of course.” Snape said.

“Well if you were holding a spell back on me Professor, then I will show you a spell that I have been working on myself, I would like to see you defend against it.” Draco said, “SPEBEREL” and a jet of violent orange and purple light flew from the end of Draco’s wand.

“HAHISTNA,” Snape yelled, but it didn’t work, the mirror broke and nothing was reflected back at Draco. The Dark Lord, who was watching, realized that Draco had invented a spell that was as strong as the killing curse. The Dark Lord then proceeded to mutter something under his breath, and pointed his wand right in front of Snape, and an Inferi appeared in front of Snape.

Draco’s spell hit the Inferi right in the chest, the Inferi then fell to the ground, and began acting like it had been hit by the Cruciatus Curse, but it also began to get large cuts all over its body like SECTEMSEMPRA. The Dark Lord again muttered something, and the Inferi disappeared, then both the Dark Lord, and Snape stared at Draco.

“Draco, you have made another unforgivable curse,” the Dark Lord said, “and you didn’t tell me you were working on it. You have made a horrible mistake Draco; you should know that any spell as powerful as that would need to be reported to me. I am afraid I must punish you, and what better to do then with your own curse.”

“Wait master,” came Severus’s voice, “We still have a duel to finish.”

“No you don’t, I saw all that I needed to see, Draco is as good at defense as you are I am very happy with this.” The Dark Lord said. “Now Draco, I promise I will heal you if you tell me when you made this curse.”

“I started to work on it, when you asked me to kill Dumbledore; I thought it would be just the spell to do it.” Draco said.

“Draco, since you waited so long to tell me, I will have to teach you a lesson.” The Dark Lord said. “SPEBEREL” the Dark Lord yelled, and the jets of violent orange and purple light flew from his wand. Draco fell to the ground writhing in pain, and cuts appeared all over him and he began bleeding. The Dark Lord let this continue for a few minutes, and then healed him with a spell that he muttered under his breath. “Now Draco, I hope you know that you need to tell me everything that you come up with, anything that will help me defeat potter.”

“Sorry master, it won’t happen again.” Draco said.

“I must go now; I have important business I need to take care of.” The Dark Lord said, and then he apparated out of sight.

“Draco,” said Snape angrily, “why did you not tell me you were working on a spell, if I had known, I would have told you not to use it in front of the Dark Lord EVER.”

“Sorry Professor, it was going to be a surprise for when I attacked Regulus, but since you had hidden a spell from me, I thought I would use my spell on you.” Draco said

“I didn’t hide the spell from you; we hadn’t gotten around to it yet. You still should have known better, you could have killed me, then how would you have defeated Regulus, I know you still don’t have the power to kill, I could see it in your eyes when you dueled your mother, you were sorry you used the spell you did immediately, and the same when you just dueled me.” Snape said.

“I can too kill,” Draco said, “why else would I have invented a spell to cause horrible pain, and put them near death.”

“You can kill can you?” Snape said, “Then do it.” Snape conjured up a flock of birds. “If you can kill, kill them.”

Draco raised his wand, “AVADA KEDAVRA” he said, and a jet of green light flew from the end of his wand and hit the bird. But nothing happened, the bird just kept on flying.

“I told you, you weren’t able to kill, you invented that spell as an alternative.” Snape said, “Just be glad the Dark Lord doesn’t know that you can’t even kill anybody, because if he did he would kill you.”

Just then, they felt a burning on their arm, the dark mark was burning red. They instantly apparated to where the Dark Lord was and found themselves in a graveyard. It was in the graveyard, where the Dark Lord, had regained his body, just two and a half years earlier, it was darker this time, but of course ever since Voldemort’s return, everything has been getting darker.

“My loyal Death Eaters, those of you who are here, are the ones that have not been put in Azkaban or killed since my return.” The Dark Lord said. “I have called you all here, because Malfoy here has invented a new spell, another unforgivable curse, and I think to best demonstrate it, Mr. Malfoy should use it himself. McNair step into the circle, Malfoy you as well. Now McNair, I want you to use any and all defensive spells you can think of to stop Malfoy’s curse. Malfoy, I want you only to use the curse you have created.”

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2006 12:05 AM
Regulus A Black is currently offline Click here to Send Regulus A Black a Private Message Find more posts by Regulus A Black Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Regulus A Black
Elder Mormon

here is the rest of chapter 10

Malfoy and McNair stepped into the circle; they raised their wands and then bowed. “SPEBEREL” Draco shouted. The jets of purple and orange light erupted from the end of his wand.

McNair muttered every defensive spell he could think of, but still the curse broke though. It was as strong as the Killing Curse, it just didn’t kill people. The spell hit McNair square in the chest. He fell to the ground and writhed in pain, as large gashes appeared all over his body.

“As you can all see, Malfoy here has invented a spell that combines the Cruciatus Curse, with that of the spell Snape invented in his youth SECTEMSEMPRA.” The Dark Lord began, “I just thought you all should learn this spell, as I am sure it will be useful to you. Now Malfoy, finish of McNair.”

“I can’t master.” Draco replied “He is de…”

“And why not?” The Dark Lord interrupted. He then turned to look at McNair, and realized that he was already dead. “Your spell is more powerful then I thought at first Malfoy, this pleases me.” But it wasn’t Malfoy’s spell that killed McNair, it was McNair himself, he was tired of suffering, and when the Dark Lord said finish him off, he used the killing curse on himself.

Harry awoke the next morning, and went to breakfast. Classes that day were going to be unbearable for most of the seventh years, that day was going to be the day they were tested on the spells they had learned. Harry wasn’t extremely worried and neither was the rest of the DA, but all the other seventh years were frantic.

At midnight that night, he got Ron, and Hermione, and the three of them went to McGonagall’s office, and told her they were going to see Lupin. “That won’t be necessary,” McGonagall said, “I have told him you were looking for him, and he is coming here, you can talk to him in my office, I will leave if you want me to.”

“Yes Professor, I would rather have you leave.” Harry said. So McGonagall went to bed in the room behind her office. A few minutes later Lupin appeared in the fireplace. “Hi Lupin.” Harry said.

“You wanted to talk to me?” Lupin said, “It is about your task?”

“Well sort of.” Harry said, “Part of it is, and part of it isn’t.” He then told Lupin of the dreams he had had about Malfoy, and realized he forgot to tell Ron and Hermione the second one. “Sorry.” He said to them.

“Well I’m not sure what to do, but this will help the order, we now know, that they have created another unforgivable curse.” Lupin said. “Now we can spend time on preparing something to block that spell. Thank you for telling me this Harry. Now you said part of it was helpful to your mission, which part was that?”

“I haven’t told you yet.” Harry said, he then recounted everything he found out about the horcruxes through that book, and where he thought one was, and he asked if there was a way to tune in your senses to magical frequencies.

“Magical frequencies?” Lupin said puzzled. “I have to say I have no idea what you are talking about. Unless you mean being able to know what something wants, like the barriers that Voldemort set up to guard his Horcruxes.” Lupin of course knew this is what Harry really meant, for he had used Leglimens to see into Harry’s mind.

“That is exactly what I mean.” Harry said.

“Well unfortunately, only a few wizards can do it, and I am not one of them, all I know is it takes years of practice.” Lupin said.

“Well thank you anyway Lupin.” Harry said disappointed

“Harry,” Lupin said, “Who is it that you sent a letter to asking to teach you how to do it, and how do you know that he can.”

“I sent the letter to Regulus Black, also known as R.A.B. and Sirius’ brother. I know he can do it, because he has done it before. Don’t ask anything else about it; I’m not supposed to tell you.” Harry said.

“Regulus? It can’t have been him.” Lupin said

“And why not?” Harry asked.

“Because he is dead, remember what Sirius told us, he said that his brother had been killed by Death Eaters.” Lupin said. “He betrayed them, so Voldemort had him killed.”

“But he didn’t die, it was staged. I set it up, and he went into hiding, I sent a letter to him that night that I died.” Came the familiar voice of Dumbledore.

“Staged? Why would you stage his death?” Lupin said.

“Because I knew he would be helpful in defeating the Dark Lord. He was the one that told me about the Horcruxes, and from what Harry has said, he has been on a quest to destroy them.” Dumbledore said

“Very well, I believe you, but there is nothing more that I can do so I will return back to headquarters.” Lupin said. He then stepped into the fireplace, grabbed some floo powder shouted “Number 12 Grimmuald Place” and disappeared in emerald green flames.

“Harry you better get back to your common room, I believe there is an owl from Regulus waiting for you. Now quickly go.” Dumbledore said, and Harry, Ron, and Hermione went back to the common room.

Upon reaching the common room, they found a tawny owl, who when Harry walked in, flew over to him and dropped a letter by his feet. Harry quickly opened the letter and read.

Dear Harry,

There is not much i can teach you about that certain thing, unless you are in my presence, and since it is not safe for me to stay at Hogwarts for the moment, I will need you to come to me, and only you. I will let you know where I am with my next owl, I expect to see you at midnight the night you recieve that owl.

Your Friend
R.A.B.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2006 12:10 AM
Sirius_Rulez

plz continue ur doing gr8 i really like it, dont give up on it, i really want 2 c wat happens next, cant wait

of course I was

Old Post Mar 8th, 2006 06:51 AM
Sirius_Rulez is currently offline Click here to Send Sirius_Rulez a Private Message Find more posts by Sirius_Rulez Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote