KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Qui-Gon's Error (story)

Qui-Gon's Error (story)
Started by: Neobi Kenobi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Neobi Kenobi
The Forgotten

Qui-Gon's Error (story)

Title: Qui-Gon's Error
Author: Neobi
Spoilers: JA15
Summary: Takes place during JA15. Instead of them both going to help the miners only Obi-Wan goes. And Qui-Gon pays a very high price for the error.

italic : thought
* : directly from book

Disclaimer: All characters and places belong to Gorge Lucas.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2002 02:25 AM
Click here to Send Neobi Kenobi a Private Message Find more posts by Neobi Kenobi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neobi Kenobi
The Forgotten

*Obi-wan and Qui-Gin heard the noise of the transport at the same time. They both turned toward the source of the sound.

“What is it?” Eritha asked.

The speck grew rapidly and turned into Yanci, her auburn hair flying in the wind as she piloted a swoop at maximum speed toward them.

“Something’s wrong,” Obi-Wan said.

Yanci pulled up so rapidly she almost tipped the swoop. She hovered next to them.

“We need you,” she gasped, out of breath. “A raid…a massive raid…like nothing we’ve seen...”

She bent over, trying to catch her breath.

“This time they are trying to destroy the entire camp,” she said after a moment. “They are killing as many of us as they can. Using small explosives and blasters. We have rallied who we can and have made a last stand in an out-building. We have some weapons. Not many.”*

Obi-Wan scanned the horizon one last time with a hope that Qui-Gon would come back, but the horizon showed no sign of him. Obi-Wan struggled, wondering if he had made the right decision. He looked at Yanci then at Eritha.

“We should hide you, it’s going to be dangerous and I can’t let anything happen to you,” Obi-Wan said his gaze still on Eritha.

“No, I will come. It will waste time if we have to find a place for me.”

“Alright but stay back.” And with that they left for the settlement, hoping it was not too late.

You’re wrong. Those words echoed in Qui-Gon’s mind.

Maybe I am wrong, maybe I should turn back. Qui-Gon shook his head. “No, Obi-Wan can handle himself,” he said aloud to himself, trying to reassure his decision.

Finding the Absolutes hide out took longer than Qui-Gon expected. In agony he searched knowing that if he took too long all would be lost. Finally he reached a point where he had to leave his transport and walk through the ever narrowing canyon.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Hope you guys like the first post.

~Neobi

Old Post Jun 11th, 2002 02:27 AM
Click here to Send Neobi Kenobi a Private Message Find more posts by Neobi Kenobi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neobi Kenobi
The Forgotten

As Obi-Wan, Eritha, and Yanci neared the village they could hear the screams of the people and shots from blasters. Obi-Wan heard Yanci accelerate her swoop to the limit, Obi-Wan did the same with his transport.

They stopped at the entrance to the village, jumping out of their vehicles. Yanci raced ahead to a body on the ground; she knelt beside him ignoring the blaster fires above her head. Obi-Wan and Eritha saw the small explosive fly in her direction, both crying out. But she did not hear their cries and the explosive landing beside her.

Drawing his lightsaber as he ran he went to the people that held the blasters, knowing he was desperately out numbered.

For Qui-Gon his search seemed to take hours, but in truth it was only a few vital minutes.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

More? Yes, no?

~Neobi

Old Post Jun 15th, 2002 05:21 PM
Gundark
Mayhem

Sure ! cool

Old Post Jun 17th, 2002 02:31 PM
Click here to Send Gundark a Private Message Find more posts by Gundark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote