KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Top 10 PT Duelists

Top 10 PT Duelists
Started by: The Creator

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Eminence
Boss

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
Yoda
Mace
Dooku
Sidious
Obi-wan
Cin
Anakin
Depa
GG(ROTS)
Asajj

CIn Drallig above Anakin? What is this?

Old Post Dec 16th, 2005 10:22 PM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ssj3gohan007
The Chosen One

how do you like my list?

Old Post Dec 16th, 2005 10:48 PM
Click here to Send ssj3gohan007 a Private Message Find more posts by ssj3gohan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

Originally posted by Darth Faunus
CIn Drallig above Anakin? What is this?

Whoops. I meant to put Anakin above Cin. My bad.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2005 10:56 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ssj3gohan007
The Chosen One

so is everyone ok with my list?

Old Post Dec 16th, 2005 11:23 PM
Click here to Send ssj3gohan007 a Private Message Find more posts by ssj3gohan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

No. You have Mace above Yoda, and Anakin above Dooku.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2005 12:02 AM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

You also have Obi below Ani.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2005 12:03 AM
Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

Which is probably true.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2005 12:06 AM
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

That's why Obi-Wan defeated Anakin?

Old Post Dec 17th, 2005 12:11 AM
Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

That's why Anakin defeated Dooku? Things aren't always what they seem.

Anakin was arrogant, and that is why he fell. According to Gillard, he was a Level 9, while Obi-Wan was a Level 8. Granted, I consider them nigh equals, or else Obi-Wan would have been slain. But it was because he knew Anakin so well -- and because his former apprentice was almost comically arrogant -- that the Jedi came out of it on top.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2005 12:19 AM
Council#13
The Omega Male

1)Yoda
2)Mace
3)Obi-Wan
4)ROTS Anakin
5)Qui-Gon Jinn
6)Cin Drallig
7)Shaak Ti
8)Kit Fisto
9)Saesee Tiin
10)Agen Kolar
Note: These last three must have been pretty good otherwise they wouldnt have been taken to fight Sidious and these are all jedi if you didnt notice yet

"Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one." -Dr. Seuss

Old Post Dec 17th, 2005 12:59 AM
Click here to Send Council#13 a Private Message Find more posts by Council#13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Originally posted by Darth Faunus
That's why Anakin defeated Dooku? Things aren't always what they seem.

Anakin was arrogant, and that is why he fell. According to Gillard, he was a Level 9, while Obi-Wan was a Level 8. Granted, I consider them nigh equals, or else Obi-Wan would have been slain. But it was because he knew Anakin so well -- and because his former apprentice was almost comically arrogant -- that the Jedi came out of it on top.

Obi-Wan wasn't trying to kill Anakin and Anakin was trying to kill Obi-Wan. If Obi was trying to kill Ani he would have pushed him into the lava instead of walking away. Not to mention Obi's form is based on defense and Ani's is offense.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2005 02:34 AM
Se7in

1) Mace Windu
2) Darth Sidious
3) Yoda
4) Dooku
5) Obi-Wan
6) Anakin

That's really all I can say. I haven't seen enough of any other.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2005 02:42 AM
Click here to Send Se7in a Private Message Find more posts by Se7in Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

Originally posted by Shadow x 20
Obi-Wan wasn't trying to kill Anakin and Anakin was trying to kill Obi-Wan. If Obi was trying to kill Ani he would have pushed him into the lava instead of walking away. Not to mention Obi's form is based on defense and Ani's is offense.

"I will do what I must."

Obi-Wan says this just before the beginning of his duel. He is prepared to what is necessary, which is killing Anakin.

At the end of the duel, by the way, he thought he'd killed Anakin. This is revealed in Dark Lord. It's also common sense. I doubt that he expected Anakin to survive losing three limbs and immolation.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2005 03:09 AM
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Obi-Wan also said "send me to fight the Emperor I can't kill Anakin" or something like that to Yoda. Plus he had to kill Anakin he didn't want to kill Anakin.

Last edited by ESB -1138 on Dec 17th, 2005 at 03:41 AM

Old Post Dec 17th, 2005 03:30 AM
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

Problem is, Shadow, that GL says in specifically in the ep3 commentary that Obi-wan thought he had killed Anakin.

I would say that in ability to manage a blade, Anakin is better, but in ability to use terrain, Obi-wan is better.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2005 04:12 AM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

That's why Obi didn't push Ani into the lava. He couldn't even watch Ani on fire let alone him dieing.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2005 04:33 AM
Soren the Mage
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by darthsith19
Here's my list (from the era of the movies only)
1) Yoda
2) Anakin (ROTS)
3) Obi-Wan (ROTS)
4) Sidious
5) Mace
6) Tyranus
7) Maul
8) Luminara Unduli
9) Sora Bulq
10) General Grievous

Why the hell is Kenobi above Dooku? Did you not see Kenobi get f*cked up by a platform AND have a few nice scars from Episode II? Why the hll is Kenobi above Mace? WHY IS SIDIOUS ABOCE MACE?

An Ancient Prophecy . . . The deity shall walk forth . . .

Old Post Dec 17th, 2005 04:54 AM
Click here to Send Soren the Mage a Private Message Find more posts by Soren the Mage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soren the Mage
Restricted

Account Restricted

When it comes to Lightsaber Dueling, the Best Swordsman doesn't always win. This was proven when Anakin handed Dooku's ass to him. Dooku wasn't fighting right and Anakin did physically grab Dooku in order to win but the point being Dooku got his shit f*cked over and he was a Level nine.

Dooku could hand Kenobi's ass to him, yet Anakin defeated Kenobi.

Anakin was a better duelist than Kenobi but when it came down to it, Anakin was a stupid little baligerant shithead who got f*ckin' pwned.

And Kenobi didn't think Anakin was dead. HE WAS SPEAKING TO HIM FOR CHRIST SAKES! He looked away when Anakin began to catch flames.

Just like Dooku is a better Duelist than Anakin... But he f*cked up! Bottom line.

An Ancient Prophecy . . . The deity shall walk forth . . .

Old Post Dec 17th, 2005 04:58 AM
Click here to Send Soren the Mage a Private Message Find more posts by Soren the Mage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Man... it seems like everyone in Star Wars gets screwed over... sad

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Dec 17th, 2005 05:10 AM
Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Pretty much. big grin

Originally posted by Sorgo
Why the hell is Kenobi above Dooku? Did you not see Kenobi get f*cked up by a platform AND have a few nice scars from Episode II? Why the hll is Kenobi above Mace? WHY IS SIDIOUS ABOCE MACE?

Kenobi above Dooku I don't understand; Dooku is far superior to him. Kenobi above Mace I don't understand; Mace is far more skilled.

Sidious above Mace, though...depends on your opinions of their fight.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2005 05:39 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote