KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Annihilation: Return of Marvel's Cosmics

Annihilation: Return of Marvel's Cosmics
Started by: Lucid Lui

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (41): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lucid Lui
Air Laki Laki

Annihilation: Return of Marvel's Cosmics

Giffen Talks Annihilation

So. I'm thinking about getting this. Still not completely sold. What's everyone elses thoughts?

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Verily.
| www.lucidlui.com | Aquaman Respect Thread |

Old Post Dec 15th, 2005 03:49 AM
Lucid Lui is currently offline Click here to Send Lucid Lui a Private Message Find more posts by Lucid Lui Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Oh, you know Thanos will come back and whup everyone's asses. Than the universe will end. And the universe will be reborn.

That sounds familiar...

Old Post Dec 15th, 2005 04:04 AM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

I'll get the Surfer mini. Don't know about the others.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2005 04:07 AM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Marvel is becoming to repetitive

Old Post Dec 15th, 2005 04:16 AM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

It's about time they brought back Nova Richard Rider. He should be upgraded big time. He has a lot of potential I think.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2005 04:31 AM
Adam Warlock is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Warlock a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Warlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

I love cosmics. I love reading ways the writer tries to make you relate to someone who isn't human or has ever seen Earth.

It's hard writing cosmics, but the pay off is worth it.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Dec 15th, 2005 04:43 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by long pig
I love cosmics. I love reading ways the writer tries to make you relate to someone who isn't human or has ever seen Earth.

Really? I just like seeing stuff blown up.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2005 04:44 AM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by The Ion
Really? I just like seeing stuff blown up.

That's good, too.

Cosmics are normally so powerful, they just smash through planets with ease.

eek! Maybe Champ gets a series!

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Dec 15th, 2005 04:51 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
8bitChris
?Esoteric?

Originally posted by King_Mungi
Marvel is becoming to repetitive

Well it's a little unfair to call them repetitive for a story that hasn't even been told yet isn't it?

Doop Lives...

Old Post Dec 15th, 2005 05:34 AM
8bitChris is currently offline Click here to Send 8bitChris a Private Message Find more posts by 8bitChris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Madvillain

He lives!!

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jan 15th, 2006 01:46 AM
Madvillain is currently offline Click here to Send Madvillain a Private Message Find more posts by Madvillain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black Adam
Badass from Kahndaq

getting the Nova one the surfer one and the Super skrull one and the main book.

I'm going to have to rob a lot of little old ladies to get the money to pay for all of these.

sig by willRules

Old Post Jan 15th, 2006 02:00 AM
Black Adam is currently offline Click here to Send Black Adam a Private Message Find more posts by Black Adam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Originally posted by 8bitChris
Well it's a little unfair to call them repetitive for a story that hasn't even been told yet isn't it?

Not if Thanos appears, he usually does the same stuff.

"Oh, you know Thanos will come back and whup everyone's asses. Than the universe will end. And the universe will be reborn.

That sounds familiar..."

Old Post Jan 15th, 2006 02:11 AM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black Adam
Badass from Kahndaq

Not if Thanos appears, he usually does the same stuff.

"Oh, you know Thanos will come back and whup everyone's asses. Than the universe will end. And the universe will be reborn.

That sounds familiar..."

But Starlin isn't writing this so the whole Thanos defeats everyone and becomes a god isn't going to happen. And from what I read it seems to be more of ww2 feel type of story. Major alien race blitzkrieg and starts war with everyone else. fellow Allies and enemies join forces to destroy said alien race.

sig by willRules

Old Post Jan 15th, 2006 02:16 AM
Black Adam is currently offline Click here to Send Black Adam a Private Message Find more posts by Black Adam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

hmmm...then I may actually pick it up then....so no Thanos clones right?

Old Post Jan 15th, 2006 02:17 AM
Black Adam
Badass from Kahndaq

hmmm...then I may actually pick it up then....so no Thanos clones right?

God I hope not.

I trust Keith Giffen not to go that route. He hasn't let me down with what I've seen from Drax the destroyer. and he doesn't seem to have a hard on for Thanos like starlin did.

sig by willRules

Old Post Jan 15th, 2006 02:22 AM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

problem i have with cosmics is that you keep needing to come up with 'conveniently created' uber-powers to battle them, and you often need silly plot devices to have the hero win. it's funny -- in the literary world, authors are told to stay AWAY from characters readers/real people can't relate to, but cosmics DO seem to be enjoyed by a lot of people.

i liked them more when there were fewer of them. if they are well written, i like them, but i find they are seldom well written. it also gets a bit tiring having the 'universe/multiverse/megaverse' at astake every issue. i agree with an earlier post -- too much repitition. wonder what new uber weapon/device (ig, hotu) will be developed this time 'round.

seems marvel is less and less about story, and more and more about making their heroes over-powered and coming up with too-lofty plots.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2006 04:04 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Account Restricted

That's good, too.

Cosmics are normally so powerful, they just smash through planets with ease.

eek! Maybe Champ gets a series!

Maybe D.C. cosmics .... this is far beyond marvel cosmics

Until the recent Storm breaker saga, semi cosmic characters (i.e. below Thanos) had destroyed about two planets in total. To say they go smashing through planets is an exaggeration .... I'm not too keen, seeing brightly coloured energy blasts flying about the place, maybe if marvel made their characters do other stuff i would be more interested !

Old Post Jan 15th, 2006 11:45 AM
R.O.T. Yahman is currently offline Click here to Send R.O.T. Yahman a Private Message Find more posts by R.O.T. Yahman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mider

so all the wave is, is basically an army, annihlus doesnt have any new found cosmic power?

Old Post Apr 5th, 2006 04:26 PM
Mider is currently offline Click here to Send Mider a Private Message Find more posts by Mider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

I'm sold on the Silver Surfer mini but thats mainly because it's the damn Surfer and I'm a fan. I'll wait and see where it goes from there.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2006 10:12 PM
Lucid Lui
Air Laki Laki

Yeah, i enjoyed the first Silver Surfer issue. Liking the art.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Verily.
| www.lucidlui.com | Aquaman Respect Thread |

Old Post Apr 5th, 2006 10:18 PM
Lucid Lui is currently offline Click here to Send Lucid Lui a Private Message Find more posts by Lucid Lui Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote