KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Animations / CGI » King Kong: Best CGI character ever

King Kong: Best CGI character ever
Started by: FistOfThe North

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Swirly Girl
Antediluvian

Meh, I prefered the Balrog...

Old Post Mar 30th, 2006 11:24 AM
Swirly Girl is currently offline Click here to Send Swirly Girl a Private Message Find more posts by Swirly Girl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Wolfie
The CGI in King Kong is terrible. Even Hulk did a better job.

In what ways is it terrible? confused

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Mar 30th, 2006 11:53 PM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dusty

Originally posted by Ultimate Hulk43
Yes,he did.He was doing the roaring for Kong on TV one day just to shpow people.How could you not know that?

My mistake. Of corse some voice modification was made to make it sound 'Less Human'.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2006 12:03 AM
Dusty is currently offline Click here to Send Dusty a Private Message Find more posts by Dusty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redcaped
Restricted

Account Restricted

I thought this thing is somehow related. Disney opened today a new attraction about the Snow Man...there is a possibility of a movie. I just saw it on TV and it looks like King Kong.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2006 04:14 PM
redcaped is currently offline Click here to Send redcaped a Private Message Find more posts by redcaped Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

Originally posted by SnakeEyes
In what ways is it terrible? confused
The CG in 'hulk' was disgusting. I was not impressed by any means. Star Wars Episode I did better.

Kong was fantastic.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2006 07:42 PM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jenova

Sephiroth is the best CGI character. Sure, he wasn't as real as Kong, but the way he moved, the lip synching, how he fit into his surrounding environment, and of course his badass attitude is why I think he deserves this award...

Old Post May 7th, 2006 12:03 AM
Jenova is currently offline Click here to Send Jenova a Private Message Find more posts by Jenova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

Originally posted by Jenova
Sephiroth is the best CGI character. Sure, he wasn't as real as Kong, but the way he moved, the lip synching, how he fit into his surrounding environment, and of course his badass attitude is why I think he deserves this award...

Who's Sephiroth?

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Jul 18th, 2006 11:46 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dusty

Final Fantasy 7: Advent children

Old Post Jul 19th, 2006 12:01 AM
Dusty is currently offline Click here to Send Dusty a Private Message Find more posts by Dusty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kayne Archeron

i thought Advent Children and Dead Man's Chest's Davey Jones were much better...

Old Post Aug 8th, 2006 08:15 AM
Kayne Archeron is currently offline Click here to Send Kayne Archeron a Private Message Find more posts by Kayne Archeron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
maddani
headless

two pages and only one mention of davey jones! ive seen potc 2 four time three just for the cgi.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2006 04:54 PM
maddani is currently offline Click here to Send maddani a Private Message Find more posts by maddani Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tallis
Angel In Hell

Davey Jones tops king kong in my book.

I mean just look at him

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Aug 8th, 2006 05:17 PM
Tallis is currently offline Click here to Send Tallis a Private Message Find more posts by Tallis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Awesome Man
Restricted

Account Restricted

Kong was the most incredible CGI character period. Amzingly well done.

"HUZZAH!"

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2006 01:14 AM
Awesome Man is currently offline Click here to Send Awesome Man a Private Message Find more posts by Awesome Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jgiant
Subject is Lethal

Originally posted by Tallis
Davey Jones tops king kong in my book.

I mean just look at him

(please log in to view the image)
naw

Old Post Aug 27th, 2006 08:48 PM
jgiant is currently offline Click here to Send jgiant a Private Message Find more posts by jgiant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

I think gollam is the best caracter

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2006 04:54 PM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Leggy_n_Merry
There is always hope

Originally posted by maddani
two pages and only one mention of davey jones! ive seen potc 2 four time three just for the cgi.

That's because only the 3 posts before yours were posted after Dead Man's Chest came out. But anyway.. I thought King Kong was better than Davey Jones, even though Davey Jones was amazing. But King Kong's hair and the shine on his back and all that was just great. But there is still yet to be a CGI character that is so amazing that you'll actually believe it's real. I don't think that will be possible for a while.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2006 05:22 PM
Leggy_n_Merry is currently offline Click here to Send Leggy_n_Merry a Private Message Find more posts by Leggy_n_Merry Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redcaped
Restricted

Account Restricted

No Sequel? OK, I know it was set in the late 30s no technology for the heart replacement, so all there is left are his bones and he had no son either. No possible way of building an android-ape like him by one of those Asian countries like Singapore to intimidate Godzilla due to previous visits? When they made Kong in 1935 they also built robotic parts you know.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2006 06:43 PM
redcaped is currently offline Click here to Send redcaped a Private Message Find more posts by redcaped Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hwoarang
Restricted

Account Restricted

Kong was the best, but I didn't forget he was CGI. With Golum I did because he was more human like.

But Kong FTW.

Thanks Rewmac !!

Old Post Oct 7th, 2006 12:51 AM
Hwoarang is currently offline Click here to Send Hwoarang a Private Message Find more posts by Hwoarang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Leggy_n_Merry
There is always hope

Originally posted by Hwoarang
Kong was the best, but I didn't forget he was CGI. With Golum I did because he was more human like.

But Kong FTW.

Yeah I think I forgot Gollum was CGI. Well I didn't forgot it's just he feels more like a person, and because of the way he interacts with the other characters and all that. So yeah I think I think Gollum is better now.. but Kong is just wooow too.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2006 03:52 PM
Leggy_n_Merry is currently offline Click here to Send Leggy_n_Merry a Private Message Find more posts by Leggy_n_Merry Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
§P0oONY

King Kong isn't the best CGI character ever. When he was holding the Ann it looked terrible. Plus his size seems to vary all the time.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2006 05:30 PM
§P0oONY is currently offline Click here to Send §P0oONY a Private Message Find more posts by §P0oONY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Awesome Man
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by §P0oONY
King Kong isn't the best CGI character ever. When he was holding the Ann it looked terrible. Plus his size seems to vary all the time.

It looked very real. His size didn't vary. You're just trying to nitpick. Not even good nitpicking, either.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2006 08:49 PM
Awesome Man is currently offline Click here to Send Awesome Man a Private Message Find more posts by Awesome Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote