KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Character Ownage

Character Ownage
Started by: Null

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5118): « First ... « 1893 1894 [1895] 1896 1897 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
guy222
With my gal

thank u bz

Old Post Dec 24th, 2012 08:12 PM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Dec 25th, 2012 09:54 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Yeah, you're on the list now.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Dec 25th, 2012 10:02 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-

Sowwy.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2012 10:58 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Wut list?

Bankai.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2012 11:11 AM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Basically it's like a league table. Every time someone trolls/bashes/baits/flames they get a point (though some things get you more points than others depending on severity). When a person reaches a certain number of points, we recommend they be banned.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Dec 25th, 2012 11:21 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by Estacado
Wut list?

Christmas list, obviously.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2012 11:22 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Basically it's like a league table. Every time someone trolls/bashes/baits/flames they get a point (though some things get you more points than others depending on severity). When a person reaches a certain number of points, we recommend they be banned.

Really? I'm going to pack my stuff now.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2012 11:25 AM
Estacado
Legendary

Originally posted by abhilegend

He will send your ass back to Krypton...

Bankai.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2012 01:28 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by Estacado
He will send your ass back to Krypton...
Don't you mean to Krypton for the first time.

Its a great idea though send Abhi on a study abroad program to it so he can learn the subject he tries to teach stick out tongue

j/k abhi

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Dec 25th, 2012 01:33 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Pretty much...take it as a research program...he needs to extend his knowledge on Superman...

Bankai.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2012 02:03 PM
Badabing
Karen

Abhi still isn't banned?

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Dec 25th, 2012 04:25 PM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Originally posted by Badabing
Abhi still isn't banned?

It's still Christmas wait till tommorow...

Bankai.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2012 08:01 PM
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Abhi still isn't banned?

Mindset says he has a Christmas present for him. Wouldn't go into details much.

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Dec 25th, 2012 08:31 PM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

Originally posted by abhilegend

eww

Old Post Dec 25th, 2012 08:44 PM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Dec 26th, 2012 01:22 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Abhi still isn't banned?

Et tu bada?

Old Post Dec 26th, 2012 04:39 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Kurt Busiek owning thor fanboys

This is, of course, nonsense.

Nobody turned over any reins -- the book was edited more thoroughly than most, because we had two editors looking over my shoulder. The story was developed in concert with my editors and with George. The idea that I had full control of the project is silly.

So is the idea that "everyone knew" I was a filthy Superman-lover -- at the time, I'd written very little Superman, didn't feel I had a handle on the character and wasn't particularly known to be a fan of Superman over other characters. This is something angry Thor extremists just made up as their imaginary explanation for why I didn't write the way they felt any right-thinking person would.

If you look for Internet posts prior to JLA/AVENGERS coming out that declare that everyone knows I'm a LOVER of Superman, I doubt you'll find any. It's a weird retcon from the same people who decided that I was being paid under the table by DC* or that, despite the creative team on the book being the AVENGERS creative team down to the letterer and colorist, we were somehow secretly DC loyalists.

In fact, I'd been a Thor fan far longer than a Superman fan, I'd been a fan of Norse mythology longer than I'd been reading comics, and I was primarily known as a Marvel writer, not a DC guy.

But then, I'd never been a guy who thought that "best" must mean "most powerful." That's why I was a Marvel guy first, in fact -- when I was a teenager, I thought the DC characters were overpowered and the Marvel characters were more realistic, and that's why I liked them more. It took Steve Englehart leaving AVENGERS and going over to DC to write JLA and DETECTIVE to get me to start reading DC at all, and over time I discovered that they made some pretty darn good comics too.

But there must be some secret reason that I didn't write the book the way Thor extremists would have done it, and somehow I tricked George Perez, Tom Brevoort and Joe Quesada into going along with it. As if that's remotely likely.

The fact is, everyone on the creative team and the editorial oversight at both companies all agreed that it made sense for Superman to beat Thor. They did not give me full rein over any work-for-hire project. Never have.

kdb

*DC paid me on top of the table, just like Marvel did. And the same amount, too.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2012 05:49 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Old Post Dec 26th, 2012 06:11 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Dec 26th, 2012 07:25 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote