KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Character Ownage

Character Ownage
Started by: Null

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5119): « First ... « 2860 2861 [2862] 2863 2864 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Going through the blackhole apparently sent him far away into the Universe.

Also, awesome stamina feat.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Sep 30th, 2014 07:18 AM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Not to mention Supergirl and Superman blitz the whole planet while Superman is still weak from that kryptonite blast.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/i...-35-3-dc030.jpg
http://www.comicbookresources.com/i...-35-4-1f1d0.jpg

(please log in to view the image)

big grin

Old Post Sep 30th, 2014 02:57 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

-Injustice-

Constantine recollects the final moments of the SC/GL War:
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

John's magics are still uber as f*ck in the Injustice universe--a fact he displays by effortlessly transporting to The Tower of Fate(with his daughter), which is located outside of time and space:
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)
Apparently John is the only person to have ever done this--which is why Fate and Zatanna freaked out.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Sep 30th, 2014 03:48 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07...a-iron-man-thor

quote:

IGN: I just wanted to touch on each character who appears in that image. First out of the gate was the new female Thor. Thor has often been said to be the Superman in the Marvel Universe in that he's one of the, if not the, most powerful characters. So now the most powerful person in the universe is a woman. How does that affect the rest of the Marvel Universe?

Alonso: Well, it's seismic. You're taking the epitome of masculinity and, as you said, arguably the strongest character in the Marvel Universe (who is not the Hulk) and you've flipped the switch. So yeah, this is going to have a seismic impact in the Marvel Universe, to see this character.

Last edited by abhilegend on Sep 30th, 2014 at 03:57 PM

Old Post Sep 30th, 2014 03:53 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Hulk isn't the strongest being in the Universe though. Whoever wrote that is dumb. Thor got some praise at being called one of the most powerful being in the Universe and he is.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Sep 30th, 2014 04:27 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Edit

Old Post Sep 30th, 2014 04:46 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

quote:
CBR:I wanted to jump in and look ahead to some of Marvel's major releases coming out in the next couple of weeks. "Thor" #1 is out this coming Wednesday, starring the new, female Thor. That's a series that has gotten a lot of pre-release hype -- and there may be some misinformation among folks still about what the book is all about. What are you looking forward for people to see from that series when it's finally in their hands in a few days?

Alonso: That's it's a great story! [Laughs] All the excitement started because Jason Aaron pitched a great story that just happened to translate into a very easy-to-understand high concept that translated into an easy-to-understand image. But everything is rooted in a great story. Thor can no longer pick up the hammer, there must be a Thor, and someone will be worthy to wield the hammer -- a woman close to Thor whose identity will remain a secret for some time. Who is she? Why is she worthy? What does she do with that hammer? You're about to find out.

CBR: Saying readers won't know the character's identity for "some time" again underscores that the plan is for this to be something of a long-term story -- not one that's going to wrap up in a few issues.

Alonso: Oh yeah. This is a long-term story. The identity of the new Thor is going to be a running mystery in the story, and we'll drop clues and red herrings along the way. The Marvel Universe's strongest character is going to be a woman… and you won't even know her secret identity for a while.

Not that it matters.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2014 05:52 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Not that it matters.

I think ABHI wanted to point out Thor being treated like Superman when that's not the case.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2014 05:54 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Writers and such throw out those kind of lines all the time. It's lunacy to try to read too much into them. It's also not untrue to say he's one of the most powerful, in the sense that they're using the term. They don't mean it like we would if we said the same, and they're not counting every obscure abstract that Joe Q. Thorfan doesn't know about. He's the flagship "big gun" on their biggest team. Anything beyond that is missing the point.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2014 06:03 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
80sBaby
The Kid

Originally posted by Digi
Writers and such throw out those kind of lines all the time. It's lunacy to try to read too much into them. It's also not untrue to say he's one of the most powerful, in the sense that they're using the term. They don't mean it like we would if we said the same, and they're not counting every obscure abstract that Joe Q. Thorfan doesn't know about. He's the flagship "big gun" on their biggest team. Anything beyond that is missing the point.

Get out of here with your common sense!

Old Post Sep 30th, 2014 06:10 PM
80sBaby is currently offline Click here to Send 80sBaby a Private Message Find more posts by 80sBaby Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by 80sBaby
Get out of here with your common sense!

Lol. Interpretations are subjective, but that's also sometimes a cheap way of excusing poor comprehension. I'm not accusing anyone of that right now, and there ARE legitimate ambiguities in words or - more often - comic feats posted in this thread. But too often, I find it depressingly instructive to see how much context is ignored, or how those in a discussion/argument don't critically consider the opposing argument.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2014 07:17 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Thor is definitely the most powerful being in the Marvel universe.

Teh interwebz dunt lye!

Old Post Sep 30th, 2014 07:40 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Shut up, Galan. We all know you're the puppeteer of this chaos. You scan dump on us every Wednesday, then gleefully sit back and watch everyone rip each other's heads off with reaction.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2014 07:52 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Sep 30th, 2014 08:11 PM
DarkSaint85

Everything was so much better when Galan was on ignore thumb up

Old Post Sep 30th, 2014 08:34 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
80sBaby
The Kid

Originally posted by Digi
Lol. Interpretations are subjective, but that's also sometimes a cheap way of excusing poor comprehension. I'm not accusing anyone of that right now, and there ARE legitimate ambiguities in words or - more often - comic feats posted in this thread. But too often, I find it depressingly instructive to see how much context is ignored, or how those in a discussion/argument don't critically consider the opposing argument.

I'm a bit more cynical. I don't think it's poor comprehension so much as willfull ignorance, intellectual dishonesty or intentionally ignoring context. All over comics. I just don't get how some are so invested.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2014 09:01 PM
80sBaby is currently offline Click here to Send 80sBaby a Private Message Find more posts by 80sBaby Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
80sBaby
The Kid

Originally posted by Galan007
Thor is definitely the most powerful being in the Marvel universe.

Teh interwebz dunt lye!

You forgot to add "DC and Mortal Kombat Universes!"

Old Post Sep 30th, 2014 09:03 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

I just don't get how some are so invested.

It is a bit mystifying sometimes, yeah. KMC isn't even the apex of such things, though. I've watched video meltdowns of obsessed comic fans analyzing this stuff.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2014 09:16 PM
bluewaterrider

I'm a bit more cynical. I don't think it's poor comprehension so much as willful ignorance, intellectual dishonesty or intentionally ignoring context. All over comics. I just don't get how some are so invested.

You come with mere cynicism?

The bar can be raised far higher than that.

Would that I could have distilled my thoughts as well as the following poster back in December of last year.
Would that I were even truly familiar with his terminology or the concept as more than a powerful attention-attracting title for a thread when I created it.

Originally posted by Letters

The very concept right down to the very foundation of comic books is Luciferian; a power fantasy to have powers unto that of God. Superpowers.

Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe

I would say it is exactly the opposite. Not Lucifer but God. ^^

Originally posted by Letters

Luciferian by definition is the belief man can become as gods.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...mp;pagenumber=7

Old Post Oct 1st, 2014 12:33 PM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

It's Galan's day!

Bankai.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2014 12:55 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote