KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Character Ownage

Character Ownage
Started by: Null

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5119): « First ... « 2940 2941 [2942] 2943 2944 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rage.Of.Olympus

(please log in to view the image)

Looks like Cage beat Colossus....

Old Post Dec 18th, 2014 04:10 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Did they show Kluh vs Apocalypse in detailed way?
Or was it just those 1-2 panels what we saw in the preview?

Bankai.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2014 04:21 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

quote: (post)
Originally posted by 80sBaby
[Thor having his original arm] in Axis would most likely be due to artist error, as opposed to any meaning within the context of continuity.

No, that would most likely be due to this series with "Lady" Thor taking place AFTER the events of Axis.

Did you actually read the issue where he lost his arm? He was already wielding that Jarnbjorn axe before that point. Malekith even comments on it ... before taking Thor's arm off himself:

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/tho...1607043/?page=1

quote:

you haven't answered the question as to why she'd be speaking Asgardian while alone or why she'd be imitating Thor.

The simple act of "legitimately" wielding Mjolnir seems to include that language bonus. If you're trying to say that Thor is somehow "indwelling" in "Lady" Thor, you need to account for how "Lady" Thor is now interacting with Thor himself, who wants her to give his hammer back.

quote:

It's getting a bit ridiculous at this point.

Maybe, but only because you're not paying attention to anything I or yourself are writing. No matter. I've said my piece and, after this post, am done for the present time.

I am 70% sure "Lady" Thor will eventually be revealed as the Enchantress. Her being or not being Rosalind Solomon, GIVEN the convoluted history of both DC and Marvel and their interchangeable staff, has little bearing on that.

Perhaps the difficulty is in realizing that both Marvel and DC have characters with 3 guises?

Most recent was Peter Parker being both Spider-Man and Doctor Octopus
as "Superior" Spider-man.

In that case, it didn't even matter that Spider-Man was shown FIGHTING Doctor Octopus -- the man in the spider-suit was still very much Otto Octavius.
(Or ... WAS he ...? A lot will depend on perspective here.
Superior Spider-man is one case possibly even more convoluted than "Lady" Thor.)

The best parallel, however, is again, Circe. Who made "appearances" via her magic power without actually being present. Who was all-too mortal Donna Milton in her day to day, but betrayed odd "clues" that SOMETHING weird/special was going on about her. Her "innate" identity power, Circe master of magics, surfaced when it needed to, preserving her life and that of her child when shot, protecting herself and others from a BLACK HOLE, of ALL things, and revealed near fully when Diana made her desperate request as a friend to go to the side of Artemis.

Here, "Lady" Thor and the current storylines reflect much the same phenomena.
It matters no more when you're dealing with a sorceress who can and has disguised herself that she be identified in another secret identity (Rosalind Solomon) than it does to say you have 3 other pair of shoes in your closet.

Not ONE thing I've written precludes Rosalind Solomon being "Lady" Thor.
Especially not with Mjolnir and its Asgardian "package" having independence now apparently not just from Thor but even Odin himself, who PUT the enchantments on that hammer to begin with. (Scroll a little further down the page I linked you to in order to see that.)

On the other hand, Enchantress-Thor reconciles, at present (this might change in the future, granted) how Thor can still be unworthy after Axis is resolved. Meanwhile, Amora's heroic action during the same series might explain how she could now be a hammer wielder. Certainly enough mind-bending and spell-casting has occurred in that series to explain virtually any change Marvel chooses to make (Carnage saving lives? CARNAGE??). Enchantress-Thor also explains "Lady" Thor being able to breach a magically durable adamantium and vibranium vault. For as a magician comparable to Malekith she could defeat lesser Midgard magic. Meanwhile, as an Asgardian with the pure demonstrated physical might to contend with, subdue, or even kill beings like She-hulk, Rogue, Lizard, and the X-Men's Monet ... well, I certainly think she'd more equipped to rend metal than a completely normal human lady stripped too long of Mjolnir.

At any rate, regardless of your response, only time will tell if I'm right or not, and absolutely nothing else.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2014 05:10 PM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

http://www.newsarama.com/22917-marv...s-red-hulk.html

Rulk is kicking Doc Green's ass it seems.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2014 05:56 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

thumb up

I knew he would write a good Rulk. Should be interesting.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Dec 18th, 2014 06:15 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

If cage did beat colossus that's pretty ridic

Old Post Dec 18th, 2014 06:24 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tony Stark
Mr. All Day

Originally posted by Board Walker
Darkseid is above Skyfather and is somwhere between Post sKyfather, and Pre Abstract. His showings against the Anti-Monitor will cement the new Darkseid either in high abstract, or below abstract but above high skyfather.

Batman with the hell bat suit has demonstrated that he is able to achieve High Sky Father levels of power at the very minimum, his fight with Darkseid is very similar to Thanos' fight against Odin. The only difference is that Thanos demonstrated he was a Trans fighter, that is able to hold his own temporarily against a high skyfather. Batman demonstrated he is able to become a high skyfather that is able to momentarily hold his own against a Post Skyfather/Low Abstract character.

So Anti-Monitor Darkseid is yet somewhere below DSENTRY then... I would agree.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2014 06:34 PM
Tony Stark is currently offline Click here to Send Tony Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Tony Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Originally posted by -K-M-
If cage did beat colossus that's pretty ridic
That's pretty apparent Cage beat Colossus.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2014 06:38 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LGU

Originally posted by abhilegend
http://www.newsarama.com/22917-marv...s-red-hulk.html

Rulk is kicking Doc Green's ass it seems.

LOL at Rulk getting slicked up by a barbed wire fence.

Duggan's fights have been unbelievably underwhelming thus far, hope this one is a bit better. From what I've seen so far though his scripting of big battle scenes is pretty terrible.

Cheers.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2014 06:47 PM
LGU is currently offline Click here to Send LGU a Private Message Find more posts by LGU Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Dec 18th, 2014 07:02 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
(please log in to view the image)

Looks like Cage beat Colossus....
see!!!! I told you guy that cage was monstrous! Also, it seems like he also dodged cyclops' optic blast int the scans that galan posted.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2014 10:33 PM
deathslash is currently offline Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Well it happened off panel so who knows what actually happened. If he actually did beat him this is his highest showing to date.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2014 10:57 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Cap America - black.
Luke Cage - black.
Kluh - black.
Iron Man - attempting to emulate Rhodey, a black man's, look.

I see what you're doing, Marvel.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2014 11:02 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by Tony Stark
So Anti-Monitor Darkseid is yet somewhere below DSENTRY then... I would agree.

rolling on floor laughing

Old Post Dec 19th, 2014 01:04 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Cap America - black.
Luke Cage - black.
Kluh - black.
Iron Man - attempting to emulate Rhodey, a black man's, look.

I see what you're doing, Marvel.
yep, they're trying to make marvel better than it was before.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2014 01:15 AM
deathslash is currently offline Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Well it happened off panel so who knows what actually happened. If he actually did beat him this is his highest showing to date.
Looks like he beat him to me.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2014 02:17 AM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by juggernaut74
Looks like he beat him to me.

Then you are leaping to conclusions from incredibly little data.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2014 02:21 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Originally posted by Digi
Then you are leaping to conclusions from incredibly little data.

Perhaps. Is there anymore panels or anyone know the issue #?

Old Post Dec 19th, 2014 02:22 AM
ODG

From the last two issues, it's just been a huge brawl between the three factions. Colossus can be seen fighting Sabretooth, Creel, Spider-Man, etc. all at different points in the melee. Cage can be seen fighting the Summers brothers and Creel.

Colossus, for his and X-Nation's part, have been fighting longer as the Axis inverted-Avengers show up after X-Nation and the inverted-villains have been fighting it out.

Then again, I wouldn't be surprised if, in a tie-in or whatever, Cage and Colossus duke it out on even footing and Cage does win straight-up. His strength limits aren't clearly defined anymore.

Revamped Thor Respect Thread Revamped Loki Respect Thread
Revamped Hulk Respect Thread Revamped Iron Man Respect Thread

Old Post Dec 19th, 2014 02:40 AM
ODG is currently offline Click here to Send ODG a Private Message Find more posts by ODG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Originally posted by ODG
From the last two issues, it's just been a huge brawl between the three factions. Colossus can be seen fighting Sabretooth, Creel, Spider-Man, etc. all at different points in the melee. Cage can be seen fighting the Summers brothers and Creel.

Colossus, for his and X-Nation's part, have been fighting longer as the Axis inverted-Avengers show up after X-Nation and the inverted-villains have been fighting it out.

Then again, I wouldn't be surprised if, in a tie-in or whatever, Cage and Colossus duke it out on even footing and Cage does win straight-up. His strength limits aren't clearly defined anymore.

Makes sense. Thanks for the info. Haven't followed axis at all.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2014 02:51 AM