KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Character Ownage

Character Ownage
Started by: Null

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5118): « First ... « 3518 3519 [3520] 3521 3522 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
One_Angry_Scot
----

Old Post May 25th, 2016 08:30 PM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
----

Old Post May 25th, 2016 08:31 PM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
----

Old Post May 25th, 2016 08:31 PM
One_Angry_Scot
----

Old Post May 25th, 2016 08:33 PM
One_Angry_Scot
----

Old Post May 25th, 2016 08:34 PM
One_Angry_Scot
----

Old Post May 25th, 2016 08:38 PM
One_Angry_Scot
----

Old Post May 25th, 2016 08:38 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
laughing out loud

For me it's particularly irritating because Manhattan has always been my favorite character from 'Watchmen'... And that was mostly do to his fading humanity, as well the ambiguity behind his powers and motivations. Even 'Before Watchmen' portrayed him excellently in those areas, imo.

Johns is just going WAY too far with the concept that Moore originally mentioned at the end of the series(ie. Manhattan creating life.) It's a shame, really, because when he inevitably performs God-esque feats in the near future, morons/feat-mongers who have never even read the source material will hop on the bandwagon and act like Manhattan is the bees knees and their favorite character EVAH!!!!

...So basically, I won't be able to like Manhattan pretty soon. sad

Understandable. I was never the biggest Watchmen fan myself, but this just seems like Johns is trying to be a bit too clever, and that it won't be remembered fondly.

I actually liked a lot of DC post reboot. I was really happy to see how some characters were being treated. But this whole "mixing up the universes" thing, is just awful. Couple that with years of messing with people like Superman (who imo hasn't been good since before he got turned in to Doomsday), and THEN you bring in Watchmen, which for me should have been left alone. Just seems bad, imo.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 26th, 2016 01:05 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post May 26th, 2016 01:37 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by carver9
Terrible story. I was expecting a fight between Hulk and Asgard and this is what I got.

The artist should be killed by firing squad.

Old Post May 26th, 2016 01:57 AM
Blue Area Vet is currently offline Click here to Send Blue Area Vet a Private Message Find more posts by Blue Area Vet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
The artist should be killed by firing squad.

Nah but can we do the same to you?

In order for any life to matter, we all have to matter

Old Post May 26th, 2016 02:08 AM
Time-Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time-Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time-Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Keep personal shit to PMs, thanks.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post May 26th, 2016 02:19 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time-Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Saying he wants to kill the artist by firing squad is pretty sick. Like who would want that to happen to a comic book artist just cause he didn't like the comic?

In order for any life to matter, we all have to matter

Old Post May 26th, 2016 03:14 AM
Time-Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time-Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time-Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Old Post May 26th, 2016 06:14 AM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Yeah, at this point they would do anything for publicity. Next it would be revealed that it was Spider-Man himself who shot Uncle Ben.

Old Post May 26th, 2016 06:21 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

Originally posted by abhilegend
Yeah, at this point they would do anything for publicity. Next it would be revealed that it was Spider-Man himself who shot Uncle Ben.

What if they really did that? Or made him a cho mo or something lol. Sometimes I feel like they wait until their high or drunk to come up with the story.

Old Post May 26th, 2016 07:57 AM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

Or the artist just draws random shit happening and they try to match it up later.

Old Post May 26th, 2016 08:00 AM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

Originally posted by ShadowFyre
What if they really did that? Or made him a cho mo or something lol. Sometimes I feel like they wait until their high or drunk to come up with the story.
no. It's gonna be revealed that aunt may knew about peter's powers and killed uncle Ben in order to manipulate Peter into taking care of her for the rest of his life (even getting shot by that hitman on purpose so that Peter and Mary Jane would be forced to give up their marriage to mephisto).

Old Post May 26th, 2016 08:33 AM
deathslash is currently offline Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
Saying he wants to kill the artist by firing squad is pretty sick. Like who would want that to happen to a comic book artist just cause he didn't like the comic?

It's called hyperbole.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post May 26th, 2016 08:37 AM
Estacado
Legendary

Originally posted by abhilegend

But first he robbed him.

Bankai.

Old Post May 26th, 2016 09:42 AM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote