KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Character Ownage

Character Ownage
Started by: Null

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5118): « First ... « 3640 3641 [3642] 3643 3644 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Senor Cage

Did Tom King hint about doing a Legion book??? Make it happen!

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Oct 19th, 2016 07:52 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
Gargoyles, X-Men TAS, and Batman TAS = My Holy Cartoon Trinity.

They are the golden standards through which I compare pretty much everything animated... Even these days. thumb up
thumb up loved x-men and batman. My mom never let me watch gargoyles though.
Originally posted by Cogito
thumb up
I was a big fan of SWAT Kats also, though it didn't run for long.

He-Man and Thundercats were solid too
swat kats was excellent. I heard that their kickstarter was completely funded and their talking to different networks about bringing it back.

Also, dexter's lab, edd, ed, & eddie, invader zim, and courage the cowardly dog were some of my favorites. It really seems like animation in general has lost itself these days.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2016 07:55 PM
deathslash is currently offline Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

You missed out on Gargoyles. It was superb. thumb up

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Oct 19th, 2016 08:21 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

I keep hearing that. I might get around to watching it one of these days.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2016 08:29 PM
deathslash is currently offline Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Shit, I almost missed the return of Volthoom!:
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

The "Phantom Lantern" arc might be better than I thought...

Old Post Oct 19th, 2016 08:40 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

Originally posted by abhilegend
It's revealed that Serpent was actually the heir to being Allfather and Odin raped Angela's mother IIRC.

Retroactive changes nobody asked for are horseshit. Everytime. DC NEVER does it yet Marvel can't seem to get enough of it. We're never gonna find out Thomas Wayne actually killed himself and his wife and Bruce remembered it wrong.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2016 08:57 PM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

Old Post Oct 19th, 2016 09:03 PM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Shit, I almost missed the return of Volthoom!:
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

The "Phantom Lantern" arc might be better than I thought...

Is that the same Volthoom from the last arc he appeared in?

Old Post Oct 19th, 2016 11:10 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Judging by the looks of him: yes.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2016 11:12 PM
Senor Cage

Old Post Oct 19th, 2016 11:34 PM
One_Angry_Scot
----

Originally posted by Zack M
So, since Multiversity is back, is that creature one of the Gentry? Who is the mysterious man?

It doesn't look like one of the Gentry to me. It has a similar eye, but not the egg like shape.

No idea who the humanoid looking person is.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2016 10:38 AM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I don't think we're dealing with The Gentry there... At all.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2016 04:21 PM
dmills
Centurion Prime

Originally posted by Deadline
Will give it some thought, really hard to give up on something you've been reading forever but Marvel deserve it really.

Believe me I know what you mean. Tho for me the PC stuff doesn't bother me that much. It is what it is. On the other hand, the story telling has been abysmal. I pretty much just pretend that nothing has been written by marvel since around 2010...

I think us old fans are just going to have to come to a place of acceptance that comics are a distant 4th in priority for Marvel now after the tv, animation and movies.

Edit: I originally wrote distant fourth. Make that a distant 5th. I think that the Netflix series are essentially a separate thing too.

Last edited by dmills on Oct 22nd, 2016 at 09:19 AM

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2016 09:11 AM
dmills is currently offline Click here to Send dmills a Private Message Find more posts by dmills Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

It's entirely possible to make your cast as diverse as **** and still have quality storytelling.

Look at Morrison and Vaughn (Granted Runaways was much better than Saga).

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2016 09:14 AM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by JayDaDon
DC NEVER does it

They do it all the time...

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2016 11:35 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

****ing Keith David made Goliath for me.

I swear, no homo though if i was gay, i would jack off to that man's voice. laughing

Keith David was and to this day still one of my favorite voice actor and actor of all times. From Spawn, to Goliath and Chaos from Final Fantasy Dissidia.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2016 02:31 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
They do it all the time...

What was the last mythos hurting one they've done that pissed you off?

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2016 05:50 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

What was the last mythos hurting one they've done that pissed you off?

Batman getting "raped" by Talia...

Joker secretely having superhuman speed, longevity, healing factor and dozens of Harleys in his closet... all hinting at him being Gelos or at least his avatar...

You can say that Marvel is worse at that; plenty of recent examples to support your stance... but you can't say that DC treats their characters' histories as sacred and *never* retcon stuff. They do. They do it with passion... and when they're really craving, they just reset the whole shit laughing out loud

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2016 06:07 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

Meh...the Joker stuff is soft. They loosely stick to it not to mention they've always kept his origin ambiguous. Like I said, its a far cry from...OH, Bruce Wayne is actually not a wayne, he's Lex Luthor's brother. Something Marvel might do for no reason in the world.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2016 06:15 PM
dmills
Centurion Prime

Meh...the Joker stuff is soft. They loosely stick to it not to mention they've always kept his origin ambiguous. Like I said, its a far cry from...OH, Bruce Wayne is actually not a wayne, he's Lex Luthor's brother. Something Marvel might do for no reason in the world.

Totally agree. At a certain point in the last 6 years or so they just said phuck a coherent plot, linear storytelling and finished plotlines. Soon after came phuck characterization. Phuck canon was only a matter of time lol.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2016 06:36 PM
dmills is currently offline Click here to Send dmills a Private Message Find more posts by dmills Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote