KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Character Ownage

Character Ownage
Started by: Null

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5119): « First ... « 4079 4080 [4081] 4082 4083 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Parmaniac
Evincar of KMC

(please log in to view the image)

Cheese af but I actually giggled, the title is still ****ing shit.

“I once had an entire race killed just to listen to the rattling of their dried bones as I waded through them.” —Volrath

Old Post Nov 24th, 2017 03:01 AM
Parmaniac is currently offline Click here to Send Parmaniac a Private Message Find more posts by Parmaniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

quote: (post)
Originally posted by abhilegend
You're just being your charming self I see.

It's taken into this context where FTL travel can be achieved without any worry for laws of physics. It's not shortening the distance between Earth and Mogo or boosting Superman to FTL speed.

laughing out loud

You're so stupid. The laws of physics is the reason that breaking ftl even matters.

As you yourself admit, it negates the laws of physics. That is WHY it's not a speed feat. FYI, it's a popular trope for warp zones in comics because get what happens to the relative distance between two points when light and relativity are no longer a variable? Hmmmmm

Old Post Nov 24th, 2017 03:41 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
laughing out loud

You're so stupid. The laws of physics is the reason that breaking ftl even matters.

As you yourself admit, it negates the laws of physics. That is WHY it's not a speed feat. FYI, it's a popular trope for warp zones in comics because get what happens to the relative distance between two points when light and relativity are no longer a variable? Hmmmmm

So you're saying "hyperspace" showings for Marvel characters aren't speed feats?

The transluminal space doesn't shortens space by folding it. It's just a pathway where you can travel FTL without worrying about normal laws of physics. Hence why Hal Jordan nearly crashed through Speed Force in normal space and then continued with the sane speed in transluminal space without any issue.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2017 03:46 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Originally posted by abhilegend
So you're saying "hyperspace" showings for Marvel characters aren't speed feats?

The transluminal space doesn't shortens space by folding it. It's just a pathway where you can travel FTL without worrying about normal laws of physics. Hence why Hal Jordan nearly crashed through Speed Force in normal space and then continued with the sane speed in transluminal space without any issue.

If the laws of physics aren't in play, even you can peddle your bullshit at speeds faster than light and break the laws of relativity. Are you retarded? I'm not arguing Hal Jordan or even Superman can't fly at FTL speeds (Depending on the writer) under their own power, but entering hyperspace to hit warp speed to cover large distances has no bearing on speed.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2017 03:19 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
If the laws of physics aren't in play, even you can peddle your bullshit at speeds faster than light and break the laws of relativity. Are you retarded? I'm not arguing Hal Jordan or even Superman can't fly at FTL speeds (Depending on the writer) under their own power, but entering hyperspace to hit warp speed to cover large distances has no bearing on speed.

And where did you get the bright idea that transluminal space means Superman was warping space whole flying?

Herochat?

Old Post Nov 24th, 2017 03:48 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

It makes sense, actually.

Why do you need to enter a space where the rules of physics don't apply....

Then argue that as a physics feat (speed) it's amazing?

Old Post Nov 24th, 2017 04:01 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Old Post Nov 24th, 2017 04:22 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
It makes sense, actually.

Why do you need to enter a space where the rules of physics don't apply....

Then argue that as a physics feat (speed) it's amazing?

Because it's not as stressful as normal space flight?

Old Post Nov 24th, 2017 05:03 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Parmaniac
(please log in to view the image)

Cheese af but I actually giggled, the title is still ****ing shit.

Ock is so fat, he distracts readers from that MJ joke.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2017 05:06 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

So it's.....easier to travel?

Then the next question is......what makes hyperspace easier to travel at high speeds. If it's not distance being shortened, and not a speed boost...and you're already travelling in the vacuum of space (so no friction).....

It can hardly be said to be a speed feat if hyperspace makes things easier.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2017 05:08 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

Well, If Hal nearly broke into the speed force trying to fly at top speed in normal space as Abhi said, then that helps his point.

That would make normal space vs transluminal space more of a situation of a dilapidated, fragile road vs a durable, maintained road.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2017 05:19 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

I'd say it nullifies the effect of relativity [i.e. increasing your mass as you get to lightspeed etc.], thus the name. It might also be a literal 'fast lane'. The OBs were, for example, travelling both there and in normal space at FTL, no problem.

It would make sense for it to be the step if you want to go FTL...if not for the fact that Superman and others have travelled at FTL without needing to enter it. So it's definitely not that.

Originally posted by CosmicComet
Well, If Hal nearly broke into the speed force trying to fly at top speed in normal space as Abhi said, then that helps his point.

That would make normal space vs transluminal space more of a situation of a dilapidated, fragile road vs a durable, maintained road.

Pretty much how I think it is, too.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Last edited by Philosophía on Nov 24th, 2017 at 05:25 PM

Old Post Nov 24th, 2017 05:20 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Why isn't it a speed feat? If you can drive your car into an empty lane at 100 mph and 50 mph at a busy lane, does your speed is measured by busy lane's speed?

Old Post Nov 24th, 2017 05:20 PM
Parmaniac
Evincar of KMC

Just to make sure, do you think this feat places superman's travelling speed overall in the top tier of speed?

“I once had an entire race killed just to listen to the rattling of their dried bones as I waded through them.” —Volrath

Old Post Nov 24th, 2017 05:39 PM
Parmaniac is currently offline Click here to Send Parmaniac a Private Message Find more posts by Parmaniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

It always was.

Post Crisis Supes broke into Darkseid's personal singularity all by himself using his sheer speed. Whereas Barry and Wally had to run faster than they had ever run before while running side by side to enter it.

And GLs even at top speed could not enter at all, they were stuck in a time loop when they tried to enter. Even though they regularly fly from the fringes of the universe to the center.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2017 05:45 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Abhi doesn't think, he masturbates. Furiously.

Thinking is for lesser men, you peon.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2017 05:45 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

laughing

Old Post Nov 24th, 2017 05:46 PM
Parmaniac
Evincar of KMC

Originally posted by CosmicComet
It always was.

Post Crisis Supes broke into Darkseid's personal singularity all by himself using his sheer speed. Whereas Barry and Wally had to run faster than they had ever run before while running side by side to enter it.

And GLs even at top speed could not enter at all, they were stuck in a time loop when they tried to enter. Even though they regularly fly from the fringes of the universe to the center.
irrelevant to why I'm asking. I asking for this particular feat.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2017 05:47 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Parm, you plebe, read:

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Abhi doesn't think, he masturbates. Furiously.

Thinking is for lesser men, you peon.

Lord Abhi only has time for the likes of Rage and others threatening to destroy his anus.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2017 06:09 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by Parmaniac
irrelevant to why I'm asking. I asking for this particular feat.

Think it this way, Superman is faster than pretty much everyone not named Flash or Zoom.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2017 06:10 PM