KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Character Ownage

Character Ownage
Started by: Null

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4128): « First ... « 4110 4111 [4112] 4113 4114 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Philosophía

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
No, you're correct:

(please log in to view the image)
thumb up

And that's considering his heat vision can one-shot trans-Doomsday.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 04:31 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by abhilegend
How is that DBZ when Superman has shown this for literally decades?

Its still DBZ shit abhi. Never been a fan of pointless power displays or adding things that in no way propel the story.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 04:39 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by Sin I AM
Thats contradicts like everything though. Writer error

At first I thought it just meant the ring granted the powerSET of shields and flight...but then Ganthet said it bestowed them EQUALLY.

So I just interpreted that to mean it grants the powerSET of shields/flight, and grants them at an equal powerLEVEL.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 08:13 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

Potential may be equal but individual ability with the ring would not be.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 08:15 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by CosmicComet
Potential may be equal but individual ability with the ring would not be.

thumb up indeed, as the Guardians say. But flight/auto-shields are bestowed by the ring, not by the user's will/skill/imagination. Explains why Jordan/Kyle have the best feats, as their rings were both different, I guess.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 08:33 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Imperial Tactician|

"When you understand a species' art, you understand that species."
-Thrawn

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 08:46 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
thumb up indeed, as the Guardians say. But flight/auto-shields are bestowed by the ring, not by the user's will/skill/imagination. Explains why Jordan/Kyle have the best feats, as their rings were both different, I guess.

It doesn't actually say they have equal auto shields and flight though.

Just that they are given equally to members. Meaning they all get them, not that each one would be able to fly at the same speeds.

Same potential to do so sure, but not the equipment is the only thing that's the same not the person using them.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 09:12 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

thumb up. I just thought it interesting.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 09:27 PM
Galan007
|Imperial Tactician|

-Thrawn

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 10:00 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Galan, what did you think of the latest two TWD issues?

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 10:05 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by CosmicComet
It doesn't actually say they have equal auto shields and flight though.

Just that they are given equally to members. Meaning they all get them, not that each one would be able to fly at the same speeds.

Same potential to do so sure, but not the equipment is the only thing that's the same not the person using them.

thats my thinking as well

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 10:16 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Imperial Tactician|

Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Galan, what did you think of the latest two TWD issues?
#174 - the Negan book - was decent enough... But at this point I have no f*cking clue what direction Kirkman is headed with Negan. Hopefully his characterization stays on point, but with Negan's recent fame(*thx TV show*), I just hope Kirks doesn't ruin him.

#175 was great. Not only did it introduce a new community, but it is the size of a full-fledged/pre-apocalyptic city... A f*cking hyper-metropolis by TWD standards. To keep a community intact with ~50,000 living people means their resources/commerce must be absolutely f*cking staggering(and just imagine their military!?) Suffice to say: I'm curious to see The Commonwealth fleshed out. thumb up

-Thrawn

Last edited by Galan007 on Jan 3rd, 2018 at 10:22 PM

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2018 10:19 PM
deathslash
Warlord and Sith Lord

#174 - the Negan book - was decent enough... But at this point I have no f*cking clue what direction Kirkman is headed with Negan. Hopefully his characterization stays on point, but with Negan's recent fame(*thx TV show*), I just hope Kirks doesn't ruin him.

#175 was great. Not only did it introduce a new community, but it is the size of a full-fledged/pre-apocalyptic city... A f*cking hyper-metropolis by TWD standards. To keep a community intact with ~50,000 living people means their resources/commerce must be absolutely f*cking staggering(and just imagine their military!?) Suffice to say: I'm curious to see The Commonwealth fleshed out. thumb up
thumb up three things:

1. They have people with the singular job of spotting hordes. That really tells you how prepared they are in comparison to Rick's group.

2. Their troops seem to be really well trained (probably ex-soldiers trained them).

3. That smug face that Lance gave when he told them how many people are in the Commonwealth really got me.

4. Whoever leads the Commonwealth is already a better leader than Negan. evil face

Old Post Jan 4th, 2018 12:24 AM
deathslash is online now! Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

thumb up

I really loved #174 although I felt like you, kind of curious as to where Negan is heading as a character. Having him making Lucille #2 and destroying it in the same issue was interesting.

And #175 was probably the most interesting issue in a long time. How did the manage to keep such a big community going for so phucking long?

Btw as soon as I saw the board with the lost people I imagined what the twist was going to be.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Jan 4th, 2018 01:52 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
Lord of Thunder

"Are you Thor, god of hammers?"
Thank you Estacado

Old Post Jan 4th, 2018 01:53 AM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Such a useless story

Old Post Jan 4th, 2018 04:20 AM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by SquallX
Such a useless story

Oh thank god. I thought i was the only 1

Old Post Jan 4th, 2018 04:23 AM
Damborgson
Lord of Thunder

"Are you Thor, god of hammers?"
Thank you Estacado

Old Post Jan 6th, 2018 11:25 AM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW

Originally posted by Damborgson

Old Post Jan 6th, 2018 12:08 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Old Post Jan 6th, 2018 08:35 PM