KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Character Ownage

Character Ownage
Started by: Null

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5118): « First ... « 4168 4169 [4170] 4171 4172 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-K-M-

Move over beta ray...we have a legit Thor horse now

https://i.imgur.com/aAqlny0.jpg

Old Post Feb 19th, 2018 03:26 AM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -K-M-

Jesus christ

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Feb 19th, 2018 03:39 AM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Sin I AM
name one batmam arc in the past 5 years or superman arc in the past decade that added to the mythos

green lanterns are not marquee

The one I recommended just after Christmas: The War of Jokes and Riddles. It was really good, it gave Kite Man some real depth as a character, had some brilliant history shown to us between Joker and Riddler, and it will, at least for the time being, drastically change the relationship between Batman and Catwoman. And the TPB only came out the week before Christmas, it was that recent.

Superman? He has a biological child with Lois now. Whether I like that or not, that's a huge change to the mythos. They ****ed around with his history a bit, sure, and the stories aren't great, but it's still something new that Last Son of Krypton only touched upon.

Lanterns have been top tier in DC since Sinestro Corps War, I would argue. At least Hal, Sinestro and a couple of others anyway.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 19th, 2018 03:43 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

Originally posted by Sin I AM
name one batmam arc in the past 5 years or superman arc in the past decade that added to the mythos

green lanterns are not marquee

Dark knights metal. The Batman who laughs is a fascinating concept as recent as last year. In comics, green lanterns are very marquee. Sinestro corps war is still one of the best events DC has ever done and its where their golden boy, Johns, did arguably his best work.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2018 03:46 AM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

It was also the gateway for a LOT of people that had never read GL before.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 19th, 2018 03:51 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
8swords

Originally posted by SquallX
The only way it is now.

MCU>DCU
DC>Marvel Comics

Since Marvel are making so much money with their movies, their comics can lack substances, and Marvel can still be on top.

Now DC knows their movies sucks, so they put more substance in their comics.

It’s pretty smart really. Marvel is banking on the average goer whose never touch a comic book. Where as DC is banking on comic book readers to read their books.

tie breaker would be DCAU>Marvel animated universe

Old Post Feb 19th, 2018 03:58 AM
8swords is currently offline Click here to Send 8swords a Private Message Find more posts by 8swords Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Originally posted by 8swords
tie breaker would be DCAU>Marvel animated universe

I honestly think DCAU is league above Marvel AU.

Even better, this year, we actually get DOS animated movie, and it’s staying true to the comic.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2018 05:14 AM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

There're also the TV shows.

Flash/Supergirl/Arrow etc vs Daredevil/IF/Cage etc

Old Post Feb 19th, 2018 07:15 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

Here's some self ownage I just stumbled upon

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Feb 19th, 2018 07:33 AM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
8swords

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
There're also the TV shows.

Flash/Supergirl/Arrow etc vs Daredevil/IF/Cage etc

TBH, the DC TV universe are mostly first season bloomers, after each first season, they kinda died out.. although i havent watch the netflix marvel shows soo i really cant compare much..

Old Post Feb 20th, 2018 03:16 AM
8swords is currently offline Click here to Send 8swords a Private Message Find more posts by 8swords Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by -Pr-
It was also the gateway for a LOT of people that had never read GL before.

Them hooks. Superboy Prime, Cyborg Superman, f'n Anti-Monitor (Who I like to think in a quiet moment, Sinestro and Hal are talking together, and Hal asks "So, Anti-Monitor, huh? You thought it was a good idea to recruit HIM. Was wiping out the multiverse again part of your plan?")

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2018 01:07 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by -K-M-

laughing

Originally posted by krisblaze
Jesus christ

It's Squirrel Girl's book, what did you expect?

Old Post Feb 20th, 2018 01:17 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

Originally posted by krisblaze
Jesus christ

At least we know Nancy is well protected.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2018 02:08 PM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

IndoBada

Attachment: indoraptor-toy-jurassic-world-fallen-kingdom.jpg
This has been downloaded 0 time(s).

Old Post Feb 20th, 2018 02:13 PM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Last edited by cdtm on Feb 20th, 2018 at 07:41 PM

Old Post Feb 20th, 2018 07:27 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Superman just ignored a planet detonating while he was on it essentially...

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Feb 21st, 2018 09:36 AM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Originally posted by Damborgson
Yeah, it exploded mid-sentence. The scene where he starts regaining his powers after being magically blocked was awesome, too.

I also liked how the story went carefully about his faith and science/religion. And probably one of the first times I actually like Jon.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Last edited by Philosophía on Feb 21st, 2018 at 09:58 AM

Old Post Feb 21st, 2018 09:56 AM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by Damborgson

He was also at almost full power.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-oJIKs8O7m...1600/RCO011.jpg

Also the planet was like Krypton so it must've been a giant planet.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2018 10:57 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Old Post Feb 21st, 2018 12:45 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Feb 21st, 2018 12:51 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote