KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Character Ownage

Character Ownage
Started by: Null

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5118): « First ... « 4476 4477 [4478] 4479 4480 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SquallX

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bentley
Really? I thought you were the kind of people that imagines inanimate objects to phucking each other whenever you aren't looking.

What’s your point?

Old Post Aug 14th, 2018 07:03 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by Bentley
Really? I thought you were the kind of people that imagines inanimate objects to phucking each other whenever you aren't looking.

I'll make that square peg fit the round hole, dammit. Happy Dance

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2018 01:12 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Zack M
Looks like JL next arc will be Aquaman centered and will introduce new Sea Gods. stick out tongue

(please log in to view the image)

“Drowned Earth” part one! The Ocean Lords—ancient sea gods with a grudge against Aquaman and Wonder Woman—invade the Earth with an alien army and flood the globe. As Batman, Superman and the Flash race to stop the waters from rising and turning everyone into aquatic monsters, Mera seeks the advice of an old enemy, and Arthur must face down Black Manta…or lose his connection to the ocean forever!

https://www.cbr.com/justice-league-...-november-2018/

I'd be excited if it wasn't Snyder writing.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Aug 15th, 2018 03:47 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Pwned with anti-matter.

Megatron is supposed to be the hero here. However, it's heavily implied he corrupted Tarn/Glitch to hurt Optimus Prime, likely involving psychological torture to "break" him.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2018 03:53 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Snyder is like a bargain bin edgier Morrison.

He'll toss out some interesting ideas in the first 2 or maybe 3 issues. Then he'll just send in drafts for the next couple issues that contain sealed shipping envelopes filled with various shits he took that day. In a ziploc bag will be a signed picture of himself in a deep thoughtful pose.

"He's done it again" they'll say while they try and put his work in the comic without it losing meaning.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2018 03:54 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by One Big Mob
Snyder is like a bargain bin edgier Morrison.

He'll toss out some interesting ideas in the first 2 or maybe 3 issues. Then he'll just send in drafts for the next couple issues that contain sealed shipping envelopes filled with various shits he took that day. In a ziploc bag will be a signed picture of himself in a deep thoughtful pose.

"He's done it again" they'll say while they try and put his work in the comic without it losing meaning.

The "starts off well but can't finish worth a damn" syndrome seems to affect a lot of otherwise decent writers nowadays, I think.

I didn't mind Court of Owls at the start. It was a really interesting concept and, like you said, those first issues were great. Then it just fell apart to the point that I had to force myself to read most of it.

And his Justice League has been poor, even for him.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 15th, 2018 03:57 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Metal actually started off really interesting for me. I think about the 3rd or 4th issue though even I thought it was too much.

It was an accurate title though. If he would have toned down the crazy it might have even been alright. It went from "metal" to hanging yourself with a snakeskin belt while beating off. It was just INXS

Old Post Aug 15th, 2018 04:05 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Metal actually started off really interesting for me. I think about the 3rd or 4th issue though even I thought it was too much.

It was an accurate title though. If he would have toned down the crazy it might have even been alright. It went from "metal" to hanging yourself with a snakeskin belt while beating off. It was just INXS

I'm glad that I understood that reference.

I didn't even touch Metal, tbh. From the previews alone the concept felt like some really bad fanfic to me, even if the idea of the "dark Joker" was at least somewhat interesting.

"What if Batman had all the League's powers but was EVIL?!" is on the same level as "What if Hulk had an adamantium skeleton and Wolverine's claws?!" to me.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 15th, 2018 04:11 AM
Parmaniac
Evincar of KMC

Metal actually started off really interesting for me. I think about the 3rd or 4th issue though even I thought it was too much
thumb up

“I once had an entire race killed just to listen to the rattling of their dried bones as I waded through them.” —Volrath

Old Post Aug 15th, 2018 04:27 AM
Parmaniac is currently offline Click here to Send Parmaniac a Private Message Find more posts by Parmaniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

thumb up

I didn't know anything about Metal going in besides it involving some sort of Dark Multiverse so that probably helped. I read it all at once besides the last issue the day the Morrison/Snyder issue came out I believe. It started off interesting anyway with an actual mystery feel "What is this, what could this be, who is that, he must be a big deal", and then it just said **** this and turned to shit. Probably don't read it though because if you're like me you'll be letdown pretty badly.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2018 04:31 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I know not everyone liked his run on Justice League, but for me there hasn't been a legitimately good JLA story since Johns finished his initial run at the start of the New 52. Even if you think his run is shit, for whatever reason, I honestly haven't read a single JLA story since then that's been better than it.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 15th, 2018 04:59 AM
Senor Cage

Snyder's run is a bit better, imo. I like the whole mystery surrounding the Totality and what have you. Luther actually seems scary, unlike what we've seen before.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2018 05:42 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Aug 15th, 2018 12:25 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Old Post Aug 15th, 2018 12:25 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Old Post Aug 15th, 2018 12:36 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus

Terrible issue. Legitimately, a bad comic imo. Also, lol at Thanos and the last scan.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2018 12:37 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Old Post Aug 15th, 2018 12:39 PM
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Given the Carol-wanking, I fell for the fake-out as I was reading the comic, heh.

What is it with Green Lantern and stealing every Superman villain? I expect Mxy to appear there at this point. But, at least unlike Zod, Cyborg Superman makes sense to be 'shared'.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Aug 15th, 2018 12:42 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

He-Man/Bane:
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Skeletor confirms that all of these He-Man shenanigans are taking place in the same cosmology(which means the Injustice universe is indeed part of DC's larger multiverse/omniverse):

Old Post Aug 15th, 2018 12:43 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Old Post Aug 15th, 2018 02:06 PM