KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » Any other bands like Radiohead?

Any other bands like Radiohead?
Started by: o kiMMii o

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
o kiMMii o
= MJ 2o06 =

Question Any other bands like Radiohead?

Can some people here recommend me some music like radiohead? songs such as "exit music" & "talk shot host" im into this type of music, acoustic too i hate the hardcore stuff.

smile

Old Post Dec 19th, 2005 01:41 AM
o kiMMii o is currently offline Click here to Send o kiMMii o a Private Message Find more posts by o kiMMii o Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

Muse and Coldplay are often accused of sounding like a cheapo version of Radiohead.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2005 02:20 AM
Victor Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Victor Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Victor Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Those are the only two examples I can think of also. I think Muse are very good, Coldplay are shit. Either way I think it's demeaning to Radiohead for that to be said.

To answer the question: There are no bands like Radiohead.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Dec 19th, 2005 03:19 AM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deathblow
-

Yep. Coldplay just took the ''High & Dry'' system and ran with it, Muse sound like a couple of shoegazers trying and failing to play ''Airbag''.

Pavement I guess are sort of similar. Although less prog and more grunge influenced, and with a very, very different vocalist. But they're worth getting into anyway.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2005 03:28 AM
Deathblow is currently offline Click here to Send Deathblow a Private Message Find more posts by Deathblow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ya Krunk'd Floo
Moving with the swell.

The Beta Band have a tune or two..test the water by listening to their eponymous album, it's pretty good. They're not a sound-a-like band, but they are willing to try something different a la Radiohead.

Nothing of him that doth fade
But doth suffer a sea-change
Into something rich and strange.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2005 12:12 PM
Ya Krunk'd Floo is currently offline Click here to Send Ya Krunk'd Floo a Private Message Find more posts by Ya Krunk'd Floo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

I'm sorry, as much as I like Radiohead, your putting them on a bit of a pedastel arent you?

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Dec 19th, 2005 04:46 PM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

quote: (post)
Originally posted by exanda kane
I'm sorry, as much as I like Radiohead, your putting them on a bit of a pedastel arent you?

Who is that directed towards?

Old Post Dec 19th, 2005 06:51 PM
Victor Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Victor Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Victor Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

It's not meant to be aggressive etc. However you seem to be making Radiohead seem legendary (directed generally). I agree there very good, but that good?

There is no other band like Radiohead, but then that could be said of Bloc Party, why do you want to listen to the same thing again?

Old Post Dec 19th, 2005 07:19 PM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hahaha, comparing Radiohead to Bloc Party. Good one. There are many more bands that can be considered to be like Bloc Party than any who can claim to be "like" Radiohead, because there genuinely are none.

Radiohead are legendary, where have you been for the past decade?

But no, nobody's putting them on any pedestal that they don't deserve to be on.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2005 08:26 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

It's not meant to be aggressive etc. However you seem to be making Radiohead seem legendary (directed generally). I agree there very good, but that good?

There is no other band like Radiohead, but then that could be said of Bloc Party, why do you want to listen to the same thing again?

They are legendary.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2005 09:02 PM
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

Sigur Ros are "radiohead"-esq and f*cking brilliant too, going to be going to their show when they come to Aus next year

I am aware that "your" should be "you're," and while I know I should change it as not to offend the grammar fans around the boards, school always said not to bow to peer pressure so it stays as it is

Old Post Dec 19th, 2005 09:09 PM
tabby999 is currently offline Click here to Send tabby999 a Private Message Find more posts by tabby999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't think they're anything like Radiohead.

They're an amazing band though, saw them live last month. Was phenomenal.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2005 09:15 PM
exanda kane

What planet do you people live on lol. Radiohead just dont cut it as Legendary, they come close. - sure its an opinion but you don't list great bands like Led Zeppelin, The Who, Black Sabbath, Radiohead...

All in all they don't have that 'greatness' quality, sure its for a different audience, but Tom York? He hasnt got it.

Dammit look what ya made me do lol. Now its gonna look like a hate them. It's AC's fault mind you.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2005 09:18 PM
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

i compare them in the sence that they came from nowhere and made something completly different from everyone else. they also make beautiful ambient soundscape, much like Radiohead (no they dont to that entirely but they do do it). i've managed to get the Sigur Ros/Radiohead crossover EP (which is named something like BA BA TI KI KI TI BA so dont quote me on the name) which is awsome

I am aware that "your" should be "you're," and while I know I should change it as not to offend the grammar fans around the boards, school always said not to bow to peer pressure so it stays as it is

Old Post Dec 19th, 2005 09:20 PM
tabby999 is currently offline Click here to Send tabby999 a Private Message Find more posts by tabby999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Sugar Ros? I don't see it...they have similarities I spose but meh.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2005 09:21 PM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

What planet do you people live on lol. Radiohead just dont cut it as Legendary, they come close. - sure its an opinion but you don't list great bands like Led Zeppelin, The Who, Black Sabbath, Radiohead...

All in all they don't have that 'greatness' quality, sure its for a different audience, but Tom York? He hasnt got it.

Dammit look what ya made me do lol. Now its gonna look like a hate them. It's AC's fault mind you.

A) It's SIgur Ros.

B) It's Thom Yorke.

C) You like Fightstar. How is it that you believe you are able to say what's worthy of being called legendary or not?

Thom Yorke is one of the best singers ever. Radiohead do more with one album than most bands do in their career. They're one of the very few bands that are madly rated in the mainstream and actually deserve it.

They are legendary, this isn't up for debate.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2005 09:26 PM
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

Why do people always feel the need to reserve high praise until a band is finished?

Radiohead are musically equal to, or better than, any of those bands.

Unless to you, 'legendary' requires a nostalgia element.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2005 09:32 PM
exanda kane

No they arent - there on there way - and Fightstar should'nt come into this - I can quite clearly acknowledge that they are passing fad that wont make a second album (such as test icicles).

And thankyou for pointing out the different in Ros'. I getcha now.

But no too bothered about the Thom York thingme.

Btw there was a band that were bordering on Radiohead ground but cant remember the name sorry. Well they were copying basically.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2005 09:37 PM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yes, they actually are better than those bands.

Radiohead, whether you choose to agree or not, are legendary.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2005 09:39 PM
exanda kane

Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Yes, they actually are better than those bands.

Pardon?

Old Post Dec 19th, 2005 09:41 PM