KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » Any other bands like Radiohead?

Any other bands like Radiohead?
Started by: o kiMMii o

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

quote: (post)
Originally posted by exanda kane
No they arent - there on there way

Are you talking about musical output? If so, it's opinion based in any case.

Reputation/standing? They're equal or higher.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2005 09:42 PM
Victor Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Victor Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Victor Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Reputation to music lovers or the general public? Because I would take a guess that not your average cretin has heard of them.

There are bands like Oasis (there crap) and the Jam (good), and then there are bands like Blur (Great) and The Verve (great again). Radiohead fit into the second lot.

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Dec 19th, 2005 09:45 PM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Pardon?

Yes, they are actually better than those bands.

Would you like be to break out the crayola and construct a primary school level flow-diagram?

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Dec 19th, 2005 09:45 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Yes please. I may be able to derive English from that. And what context were you placing...

"Yes, they are actually better than those bands."

...in?

Old Post Dec 19th, 2005 09:47 PM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

Reputation to music lovers or the general public? Because I would take a guess that not your average cretin has heard of them.

The general public is idiotic.

Victor Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Victor Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Victor Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

There are bands like Oasis (there crap) and the Jam (good), and then there are bands like Blur (Great) and The Verve (great again). Radiohead fit into the second lot.

Exactly, why are you being stupid?

Your average cretin doesn't understand why Radiohead are rated as high as they are. The fact that they are worthy of every bit of praise and are also, factually, legendary isn't up for debate.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Thats true.

It should be the test of whether a band are great or not that one.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2005 09:48 PM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yes please. I may be able to derive English from that. And what context were you placing...

"Yes, they are actually better than those bands."

...in?

I personally believe their music is much, much better. This is subjective though, I can't prove it anymore than you can disprove it (which judging by your posts and taste, couldn't anyway).

They're factually equal or higher, as stated, in terms of reputation.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2005 09:48 PM
exanda kane

But in what context are you placing them against?

And don't be a little gremlin and start flaming. just relax, take a few pills and look at my first few posts...okay?

Old Post Dec 19th, 2005 09:54 PM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm not flaming you, kid.

You genuinely do not know a thing about music or what a good band is. Add to the fact that you're a patriotic fool and it's a recipe for disaster.

You've literally had two people explain the same thing to you about four times.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2005 09:56 PM
exanda kane

Patriotic (the fact that I start this point off first should tell you how much that hurts XD)...no I'm not, probably the opposite but what does that matter. It matters that you live in the US though - O how all the musical talent has dispersed from that fell land!

How can you possibly try and concieve any taste if your american.......

phew...well enuf about 'that stuff' I find it hard for you to criticise my taste when you hardly know nothing about my tasste apart from my recent liking of Fightstar.

Yes, a few months ago I laughed about them. I heard a song (Grand Unification Part 1) and foguth it was utter bollocks. But then I had the chance to listen to a few songs and i got into them. Has that ever happened to you, but then I suppose you've just lapped up what MTV has fed you.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2005 10:09 PM
exanda kane

Muse 'Feeling Good' does carry the same kind of tone as much of Radioheads 'dankier' stuff.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2005 10:34 PM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Patriotic (the fact that I start this point off first should tell you how much that hurts XD)...no I'm not, probably the opposite but what does that matter. It matters that you live in the US though - O how all the musical talent has dispersed from that fell land!

I'm English you idiot.

How can you say you're not patriotic? You've sat there claiming that you're racist toward Americans and that all British stuff is the best just because it's British.

phew...well enuf about 'that stuff' I find it hard for you to criticise my taste when you hardly know nothing about my tasste apart from my recent liking of Fightstar.

"Taste"? Haha, good one. Bloc Party, Coldplay, Lostprophets and Fightstar isn't taste.

Yes, a few months ago I laughed about them. I heard a song (Grand Unification Part 1) and foguth it was utter bollocks. But then I had the chance to listen to a few songs and i got into them. Has that ever happened to you, but then I suppose you've just lapped up what MTV has fed you.

You're accusing me of lapping up when you're the one who has been fed Fightstar and been sucked into liking them.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2005 01:30 AM
Ya Krunk'd Floo
Moving with the swell.

Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
You've literally had two people explain the same thing to you about four times.

Who were they? Laurel and Hardy? Ho ho.

I'd also like to recommend Arcade Fire's 'Funeral', if you like expansive music-scapes. The Pixes would also probably entertain your brain.

Nothing of him that doth fade
But doth suffer a sea-change
Into something rich and strange.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2005 03:48 AM
Ya Krunk'd Floo is currently offline Click here to Send Ya Krunk'd Floo a Private Message Find more posts by Ya Krunk'd Floo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Afro Cheese

What planet do you people live on lol. Radiohead just dont cut it as Legendary, they come close. - sure its an opinion but you don't list great bands like Led Zeppelin, The Who, Black Sabbath, Radiohead...
They are less famous than those bands, but they are still "greater" than all of them.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2005 04:29 AM
Afro Cheese is currently offline Click here to Send Afro Cheese a Private Message Find more posts by Afro Cheese Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Radiohead is one of the greatest bands ever made. They are one of very few bands who is not afraid to try new things constantly - something that most bands don't do because they're too scared to lose their fans. Not to mention that Thom Yorke is an excellent singer, and musically and lyrically the band is miles above 99.9% of other bands that are around. Radiohead IS legendary. It is possible for a band to be a legend while they are still around, you realize.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Dec 20th, 2005 06:09 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

God. Look what ya made me do. Now it looks like I hate Radiohead eek!

Old Post Dec 20th, 2005 02:09 PM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't think anyone cares if you do or not. You're still wrong in what you said.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2005 04:31 PM
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Sigur Ros are "radiohead"-esq and f*cking brilliant too, going to be going to their show when they come to Aus next year

I get a bit of Radiohead when I listen to Sigur Ros, think it's from the vocals, certain songs I just think humm Radiohead. Nothing alike though lol, strange.

Both fantastic bands that I adore so much.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2005 06:38 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

And to be honest AC I don't care what other people think about my opinions, however this is a forum so I can say what i like. I do not think Radiohead should be called legendary, not yet.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2005 08:21 PM