KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » Iceman Respect Thread

Iceman Respect Thread
Started by: Blair Wind

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jrodslam

Bump.

X-Factor is fighting Hulk and Cyclops is in trouble. Iceman takes care of that. big grin.

(please log in to view the image)

Daredevil Respect Thread - Iceman Respect Thread - Nick Fury Respect Thread - Respect Strong Guy!

Old Post Mar 21st, 2006 12:22 PM
jrodslam is currently offline Click here to Send jrodslam a Private Message Find more posts by jrodslam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jrodslam

Ultimate Iceman in Ultimate War. Notice the speed. And this is supose to be a young Iceman and less experienced.

Daredevil Respect Thread - Iceman Respect Thread - Nick Fury Respect Thread - Respect Strong Guy!

Old Post Mar 21st, 2006 03:05 PM
jrodslam is currently offline Click here to Send jrodslam a Private Message Find more posts by jrodslam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2006 02:43 AM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grimm22
King of the Castle

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jrodslam
In a fight vs Human Torch, Bobby makes it rain.

Wow, thats the worst example of Torch losing ever. I mean wouldnt it just evaporate?

If you ask me Iceman and Torch's powers cancel each other out.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2006 09:48 PM
Grimm22 is currently offline Click here to Send Grimm22 a Private Message Find more posts by Grimm22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grimm22
King of the Castle

Ugh, I hated that scene in Ultimate War. I mean seriously, it makes no sense, Iceman defeating all of S.H.E.I.L.D?!? Of course there were a ton of things wrong with that series so yeah.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2006 09:49 PM
Grimm22 is currently offline Click here to Send Grimm22 a Private Message Find more posts by Grimm22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Why doesn't it make sense? Maybe he is just that powerful...

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2006 09:53 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grimm22
King of the Castle

Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Why doesn't it make sense? Maybe he is just that powerful...

All of S.H.E.I.L.D?!?! I mean there is no way that Iceman is powerful enougth to pretty much freeze all of New York, at least not Ultimate Iceman. 616 Iceman might have been able to do it Pre-Decimation

But like I said before the mini series was messed up anyway.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2006 10:46 PM
jasofisc

why the ultimate x-men are still teenagers and are devolping their powers maybe he if just geting more powerfull. he did freeze the sentanl back in issiue one. and that didn't even seem like he was using that much effort.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2006 05:44 AM
jasofisc is currently offline Click here to Send jasofisc a Private Message Find more posts by jasofisc Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grimm22
King of the Castle

Originally posted by jasofisc
why the ultimate x-men are still teenagers and are devolping their powers maybe he if just geting more powerfull. he did freeze the sentanl back in issiue one. and that didn't even seem like he was using that much effort.

Yeah but there is a HUGE difference between freezing a falling Sentinal and about 20% of New York.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2006 05:49 AM
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Originally posted by Grimm22

If you ask me Iceman and Torch's powers cancel each other out.

good thing no one asked stick out tongue Serouisly speaking, Torchs powers and Icemans Powers are different. Torch generates heat, and can bring it up to nova levels. Iceman doesnt generate cold, and doesnt absorb heat. Therefore, from various examples, we know that he literally stops molecular motion. He even froze the freakin Stranger. Iceman can just flash freeze the Torches molecules (which include his flames) Iceman is MUCH more versitile and powerful with his powers, while Torch has the destructive edge.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2006 01:10 AM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Originally posted by Grimm22
Yeah but there is a HUGE difference between freezing a falling Sentinal and about 20% of New York.

To his defense, X also said that he was the third most powerful X-man and in going with X-men fashion they always get more powerful with training and using their powers more proficiently. Besides the story was his coming back as a hero, which every good hero needs to look good for....

Old Post Apr 24th, 2006 01:12 AM
Grimm22
King of the Castle

Originally posted by Blair Wind
good thing no one asked stick out tongue Serouisly speaking, Torchs powers and Icemans Powers are different. Torch generates heat, and can bring it up to nova levels. Iceman doesnt generate cold, and doesnt absorb heat. Therefore, from various examples, we know that he literally stops molecular motion. He even froze the freakin Stranger. Iceman can just flash freeze the Torches molecules (which include his flames) Iceman is MUCH more versitile and powerful with his powers, while Torch has the destructive edge.

Well I guess thats what happens when your an omega mutant. big grin

Still nowadays I think it would be a more even fight.

Old Post May 11th, 2006 03:36 AM
Rewmac
{--Classic Member--}

Can I have a qustion?? When does Omega Iceman appear?? And what can he do?

Old Post May 11th, 2006 05:37 AM
Rewmac is currently offline Click here to Send Rewmac a Private Message Find more posts by Rewmac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Winter Soldier
Who cares...

Wow...I stopped reading the mutant stuff 3 or 4 years ago for various reasons. I had no idea...

I'd like to share a revelation that I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species that I realized you aren't actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with its surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You move to an area and you multiply, and multiply until every natural resource is consumed. And the only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You are a plague, and we...are the cure.

Old Post May 11th, 2006 08:35 PM
Winter Soldier is currently offline Click here to Send Winter Soldier a Private Message Find more posts by Winter Soldier Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

he didnt just "appear". He was always omega and has continously evolved his powers from the snow effects to ice, to fully ice. If I were to say when he was portrayed most powerful it would have to be in X-men Forever which I already posted all his feats for.

Old Post May 12th, 2006 01:18 AM
jrodslam

Old Post May 13th, 2006 04:41 AM
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

just a little something, this is a discusion I had with TheKahn:

Ok so I have a question about a scan that I want your opinion on. Let us start by saying that Jean Grey is a accomplished Telepath, yes? That would mean that she has an extra perceptionary sense at her disposal, yes? Then why did she not no if in fact Iceman was around when he was in I dont need a body mode?

http://img347.imageshack.us/my.php?...ever5p227kd.jpg

Maybe in that form, his brain is so far out, that even a telepath cant locate him?

Now this is TheKahns response to the subject:
quote:

Quite interesting...perhaps we should look at exactly what Iceman says: "Jean I'm kind of everywhere." Meaning that his consciousness is so spread out that he is quite literally everywhere and thus there really isn't a point where his thoughts are emanating from. Which one could suppose to mean that he is invisible to telepathic scanning (and, corresponding, attack) in that form. Quite interesting...

interesting indeed......

Old Post Jun 11th, 2006 04:22 AM
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

I can't see that image. erm

Old Post Jun 11th, 2006 04:40 AM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Old Post Jun 11th, 2006 04:54 AM
Mr.Biscuits

Originally posted by Blair Wind
sorry here it is:
http://img347.imageshack.us/my.php?...ever5p227kd.jpg

I don't know it seems like she was just asking like everyone else does it's a habit.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2006 06:50 AM
Mr.Biscuits is currently offline Click here to Send Mr.Biscuits a Private Message Find more posts by Mr.Biscuits Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote