KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » Iceman Respect Thread

Iceman Respect Thread
Started by: Blair Wind

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Nice scans Blair. wink

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2006 08:35 PM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2006 11:27 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
superbatman86

That's 2160 mph.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2006 04:12 AM
superbatman86 is currently offline Click here to Send superbatman86 a Private Message Find more posts by superbatman86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Icesaiyan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Blair Wind
not nessarcarily from steam to ice, but from being disinegrated to ice, from ice to water and back to ice, from ice to water vapor and back to ice, from someone elses water in their body to his body. Although....I think I get it. In the X-men forever issues it hurt Iceman to change because his brain couldnt cope (though by the end he did it with no ill effects. I guess there gonna go back to he still doesnt understand his powers and thats why he "hurts" himself. I guess...but a regular writer who wants to use his abilities?! Thank heaven! big grin Ima happy Blair Wind

I did not think that was the way his powers always had worked because he can only have that lifesaving healing factor in his ice form. Bobby should be badly injured or dead because he was clearly blown up in human form and their was no mention about how Bobby reacted to ice-up in the conversation with Hank. It was only about how he pulled himself together. Maybe Carey has some agenda with expressing the vast Omega level powers he has because this is not a normal sequence by how Bobby lived to see another day. The reason I say this because Bobby has had many different forms in the recent while demonstrated by Marvel.

1.) He has the ability to repress his mutant gene to be "human"
2.) He has the ability to change into organic ice.
3.) He has the ability to be an abstract conscience that manifest in water.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2006 07:47 AM
Icesaiyan is currently offline Click here to Send Icesaiyan a Private Message Find more posts by Icesaiyan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botcherby

When Bobby was blown up in Austen's run during "the Draco" we saw an explosive arrow lodged in "human" drake, before promplty blowing up... the immediate reaction to it, was that bobby was dead dead... but his body has immediately transformed (probably subconciously) into organic ice.

this left bobby with only a head for the remainder of the arc, until there was moisture in the air, to which bobby reconstructed his body.

in the next arc, we see bobby once again in his "human" form.

then bobby became permanent organic ice, and his conciousness being the only thing present in his body.

after decimation, bobby was able to shut it down revert back to "human" form and then once again regain control of his changing forms.

Now in Carey's xmen, we have something pretty similar but at the same time something new... Bobby in "human" form is blown up from the chest. What Bobby's body next did was to instantly transform into ice form, because there is one panel quite clearly showing the iced up head of bobby surrounded my melting "snow".

The heat of this bad guy then evaporated all the ice and snow, and it was from here that Bobby pulled himself back together again, as stated in his conversation with Beast.

Whats most interesting is the panel showing Mystique kissing Bobby... part of his torso is in human form, but he is still constructing the lower half of his body.

Iceman is the new wolverine :P

well not wolverine, but hes just as indestructible!!

p.s. i know bobby had conciousness in the air in Xmen Forever, but it was just kind of an emma frost showing his potential event. What bobby got out of it was knowledge that he do such things, so he returned to the Xmen with, as marvel say, "evolution on his mind". Lets just say that he never progressed further at the time was that after being punctured by Black Tom, kicking off his secondary mutation, Bobby had more concerning matters on his mind.

-dan

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2006 07:35 PM
botcherby is currently offline Click here to Send botcherby a Private Message Find more posts by botcherby Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Can I see the blowing up in human form?? Ive yet to see what happened.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2006 09:43 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botcherby

Originally posted by Blair Wind
Can I see the blowing up in human form?? Ive yet to see what happened.

oh right, i thought you did...

ok here it is...

blown up in human form
http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/3575/ice1mq3.jpg

next issue, we see that bobby has instantly transformed into ice and evaporating, after being blown up
http://img92.imageshack.us/img92/1158/ice2cx0.jpg

more of him having become ice form, and evaporating
http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/9092/ice3xu2.jpg

attacking aurora in steam form, whilst reforming into ice
http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/6403/ice4td2.jpg

partially reforming into ice, top half anyway, and then changing some of himself into human... mystique gives him cpr :P
http://img92.imageshack.us/img92/4826/ice5uz8.jpg

Old Post Sep 24th, 2006 12:57 PM
botcherby is currently offline Click here to Send botcherby a Private Message Find more posts by botcherby Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botcherby

bump

Old Post Oct 4th, 2006 01:14 AM
jrodslam

Originally posted by botcherby
oh right, i thought you did...

ok here it is...

blown up in human form
http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/3575/ice1mq3.jpg

next issue, we see that bobby has instantly transformed into ice and evaporating, after being blown up
http://img92.imageshack.us/img92/1158/ice2cx0.jpg

more of him having become ice form, and evaporating
http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/9092/ice3xu2.jpg

attacking aurora in steam form, whilst reforming into ice
http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/6403/ice4td2.jpg

partially reforming into ice, top half anyway, and then changing some of himself into human... mystique gives him cpr :P
http://img92.imageshack.us/img92/4826/ice5uz8.jpg

You mentioned Bobby being blown up in "The Draco" arc. I think thats what Blair was asking to see. The scans you posted was from the current arc of X-Men.

Edit: I believe this is what you were talking about from "The Draco" arc in Uncanny X-Men. It was in the second book of the arc.

(please log in to view the image)

Daredevil Respect Thread - Iceman Respect Thread - Nick Fury Respect Thread - Respect Strong Guy!

Last edited by jrodslam on Oct 4th, 2006 at 04:10 AM

Old Post Oct 4th, 2006 03:57 AM
jrodslam is currently offline Click here to Send jrodslam a Private Message Find more posts by jrodslam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Oct 5th, 2006 12:32 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ProfeZZor X

This thread is simply awesome. I've been an Iceman fan for years, and I never knew as much as I've learned in the last few weeks in this thread. GREAT JOB GUYS!!!

Old Post Oct 5th, 2006 03:52 PM
ProfeZZor X is currently offline Click here to Send ProfeZZor X a Private Message Find more posts by ProfeZZor X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Icesaiyan

Here is a scan of Bobby using his knowledge and his powers to find his team members.

http://img138.imageshack.us/my.php?...eicyroadhn7.jpg

Old Post Oct 14th, 2006 07:50 PM
Icesaiyan is currently offline Click here to Send Icesaiyan a Private Message Find more posts by Icesaiyan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ProfeZZor X

Can someone post that issue/page when he found out Northstar liked him, from Nurse Annie.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2006 04:27 PM
ProfeZZor X is currently offline Click here to Send ProfeZZor X a Private Message Find more posts by ProfeZZor X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

Old Post Oct 18th, 2006 08:19 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UltimateStryfe
The Spirit of Vengeance

Iceman is cool.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2006 04:59 PM
UltimateStryfe is currently offline Click here to Send UltimateStryfe a Private Message Find more posts by UltimateStryfe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jrodslam

In the previous issue of X-Men, Iceman faced off against someone who can draw energy from whats around him to fuel his fires. He "fed" on Iceman till there was nothing left apparently absorbing him.

In the issue that just recently came out, it appears that Iceman was inside the opponents body, laying dormant until the time was right. Iceman must have been in his body for probably up to an hour. Could have been more, but hard to tell the full length of time that passed. Anyways, heres the feat. Impresive as hell imo. I wonder how long he can stay inside someones body without them knowing it?

Note: It appears Iceman killed him.

Daredevil Respect Thread - Iceman Respect Thread - Nick Fury Respect Thread - Respect Strong Guy!

Old Post Nov 30th, 2006 10:58 PM
jrodslam is currently offline Click here to Send jrodslam a Private Message Find more posts by jrodslam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Apparently the X-men First Class stuff is canon (according to ExodusCloak)

(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

It just talks about what Iceman could become at one point. Nothing concrete but this could hold massive implications for the future.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2007 11:55 PM
draxx_tOfU
Gundam Meister

great thread!

iceman becoming like ymir would be very intriguing indeed...

Old Post Jan 19th, 2007 12:35 AM
draxx_tOfU is currently offline Click here to Send draxx_tOfU a Private Message Find more posts by draxx_tOfU Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
doctorstrongbad

Originally posted by jrodslam
In the previous issue of X-Men, Iceman faced off against someone who can draw energy from whats around him to fuel his fires. He "fed" on Iceman till there was nothing left apparently absorbing him.

In the issue that just recently came out, it appears that Iceman was inside the opponents body, laying dormant until the time was right. Iceman must have been in his body for probably up to an hour. Could have been more, but hard to tell the full length of time that passed. Anyways, heres the feat. Impresive as hell imo. I wonder how long he can stay inside someones body without them knowing it?

Note: It appears Iceman killed him.

I have always liked Iceman, he can be on my team anyday.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2007 05:43 PM
doctorstrongbad is currently offline Click here to Send doctorstrongbad a Private Message Find more posts by doctorstrongbad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ProfeZZor X

Blair Wind - Any chance of posting more Iceman pages from the First Class book?.... Thanks

Old Post Jan 29th, 2007 07:43 PM