KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » Iceman Respect Thread

Iceman Respect Thread
Started by: Blair Wind

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ExodusCloak

-Iceman's teleported into a wall...causing an explosion within the unstable molecules. He then reforms.
- Iceman performs a low temperature transition fracture?

(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)
(please log in to view the image)

Edit- No worries X, the first thing that came to mind when I read it was this thread.

Last edited by ExodusCloak on Jan 31st, 2007 at 07:39 PM

Old Post Jan 31st, 2007 07:24 PM
ExodusCloak is currently offline Click here to Send ExodusCloak a Private Message Find more posts by ExodusCloak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

Edit: beat me to it. sad

Old Post Jan 31st, 2007 07:32 PM
xmarksthespot is currently offline Click here to Send xmarksthespot a Private Message Find more posts by xmarksthespot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

eek!

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Jan 31st, 2007 08:26 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
doctorstrongbad

When is the last time somebody beat Iceman one on one?

Old Post Feb 1st, 2007 08:53 PM
doctorstrongbad is currently offline Click here to Send doctorstrongbad a Private Message Find more posts by doctorstrongbad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jrodslam

Iceman gets the best of a war giant whos made of part energy.

(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

Daredevil Respect Thread - Iceman Respect Thread - Nick Fury Respect Thread - Respect Strong Guy!

Old Post Feb 10th, 2007 12:47 AM
jrodslam is currently offline Click here to Send jrodslam a Private Message Find more posts by jrodslam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jrodslam

We've shown Iceman feeze the energy beams of the Stranger and keep him isolated in X-Men Forever, but here he is in his younger days encountering Strnger. No fear.rock

Daredevil Respect Thread - Iceman Respect Thread - Nick Fury Respect Thread - Respect Strong Guy!

Old Post Feb 10th, 2007 01:28 AM
jrodslam is currently offline Click here to Send jrodslam a Private Message Find more posts by jrodslam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jrodslam

Iceman followed Darkstar through a portal leading to space. Heres what he did. I think this is highly impressive considering its early Iceman. Shows a bit of his potential and creativity imo.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2007 01:40 AM
ProfeZZor X

Very impressive!!! ... However, this would only prove that he is vulnerable and not as omega as I thought he was. sad

Old Post Feb 13th, 2007 10:25 PM
ProfeZZor X is currently offline Click here to Send ProfeZZor X a Private Message Find more posts by ProfeZZor X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jrodslam

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ProfeZZor X
Very impressive!!! ... However, this would only prove that he is vulnerable and not as omega as I thought he was. sad

Keep in mind that the last few scans posted were from 1975-1978. Omega Mutants werent even talked about at that time. Plus this is very young Iceman. Considering his age and lack of development, those feats are impressive imo.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2007 03:39 AM
ProfeZZor X

Originally posted by jrodslam
Keep in mind that the last few scans posted were from 1975-1978. Omega Mutants werent even talked about at that time. Plus this is very young Iceman. Considering his age and lack of development, those feats are impressive imo.

Agreed... Iceman is the #1 reason why I still collect X-Men comics. As a matter of fact, Uncanny #302 (Colossus Unleashed) is the reason why I got back into Iceman, over ten years ago. I'm surprised no one has posted scans from that issue... And people still think Emma "woke him up" about his powers. They apparently haven't seen that issue... Which happened 14 issues before she posessed him.

Old Post Feb 19th, 2007 11:19 PM
ProfeZZor X is currently offline Click here to Send ProfeZZor X a Private Message Find more posts by ProfeZZor X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jrodslam

Originally posted by ProfeZZor X
Agreed... Iceman is the #1 reason why I still collect X-Men comics. As a matter of fact, Uncanny #302 (Colossus Unleashed) is the reason why I got back into Iceman, over ten years ago. I'm surprised no one has posted scans from that issue... And people still think Emma "woke him up" about his powers. They apparently haven't seen that issue... Which happened 14 issues before she posessed him.

Same here. Hes the only reason im collecting X-Men. I like the way the writer/artists are showing his powers. Hes doing alot more in this arc than he has the past 3 imo.

Ohh and since you mentioned Uncanny #302, here it is. I never thought Emma taught him anything. She was so focused on letting him do everything on his own, but his encounter with Mikhal(sp) Rasputin was different. It was he who really showed/taught him to open his mind with his powers. Nice mention ProfZZor.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2007 02:45 PM
ProfeZZor X

The disappointing thing about that, is that no writer has ever touched on the instances where he has been abducted, or injured when he re-encounted them in later issues. Such as confronting Mikhal, Emma, or Black Tom again... Emma was the only exception.

By the way, that UXM #302 Iceman is my all time favorite. I'd love to see Romita Jr. draw him again in the current book.

Last edited by ProfeZZor X on Feb 20th, 2007 at 11:21 PM

Old Post Feb 20th, 2007 11:18 PM
starlock
Team Authority

Iceman has always been a great character!

Great respect thread

I have always admired Bobby and his powers,i was the biggest fan of Spidey and his amazing friends hehe

http://www.thedeadlyaddictionschronicles.com/

Old Post Mar 19th, 2007 12:29 AM
starlock is currently offline Click here to Send starlock a Private Message Find more posts by starlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Locard
barely speaking english

Thanks for this awesome Iceman thread

Old Post Mar 27th, 2007 01:45 AM
Locard is currently offline Click here to Send Locard a Private Message Find more posts by Locard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iammingy

Iceman looks really mad in that very last pic!

Old Post Mar 28th, 2007 07:39 AM
iammingy is currently offline Click here to Send iammingy a Private Message Find more posts by iammingy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jrodslam

Torchs wife is trapped and Iceman is helping save her. Torch is about to melt the trigger, but Iceman stops him after he noticed that theres a sensor that would detonate if the trigger is melted or removed.

Iceman decides to freeze the trigger to absolute zero to stop it. He mentions that he needs to freeze it to where all molecular motion stops. Although he did get help from Torch by absorbing the ambient heat, that was only to make the temp drop happen faster. No doubts Iceman could have done it alone. It just probably would have took longer. Enjoy.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2007 11:35 PM
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

eek!

Old Post Apr 4th, 2007 11:40 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

Originally posted by Blair Wind
eek!

Score! Now there is no more of that "I can't freeze stuff to absolute zero" bullshit.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Apr 5th, 2007 01:13 AM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

I know its Ultimate, but I thought it was cool. Apparently in the Ultimate universe's future Iceman becomes a living legend and extremely famous among the mutants:

And here is Bishop trying to talk to him about using his powers better (as he knows what he can really do in the future):

Old Post Apr 18th, 2007 02:49 PM
ProfeZZor X

Damn dude... Thanks for posting that. I had given Ultimate X-Men up, all because of that exact same reason. Iceman/Bobby wasn't getting any respect, and was becoming the background character that he has always been. And that dialogue with Bishop was just the inspiration I needed to pick up that issue.

I remember back when this book first came out, and he was made so powerful. Now, I'll be lucky if he says anything intelligent at all, besides his cliche'd one liners or jokes, and ice beam to thwart the bad guy.

Old Post May 1st, 2007 10:04 PM