KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Smallville Forum » Lana for the axe!?!

Do you want rid of that pixie Lana?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
YES! I hate her guts, axe the shallow cow! Sick and tired of her whinin! 4 26.67%
NO! Keep her, she looks pretty and I love pretty girls 6 40.00%
I don't care if she lives or dies - she's a non entity 2 13.33%
I don't want Clark to be upset, so keep her alive! 3 20.00%
Total: 15 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Lana for the axe!?!
Started by: PrettyboyTom

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
PrettyboyTom
Restricted

Account Restricted

They all say it loverboy. The same ones that say Tom Welling is a great actor also say it. No stereo-typing on my part necessary to enlighten and show the truth. What you say in disagreement is your very invalid opinion on the matter. And that's the bottom line.

smile Your very common saying does not coincide with the point I'm making in any way, as you misunderstand from lack of ability to comprehend the meaning and subtlties of the point. Go back to class!

User Disclaimer: By reading any post issued to this forum by this user, you adhere to the fact that this user cannot be held responsible for a negative light you may view any of his posts in, as this user isn't responsible for your comprehension abilities or lack of them. Nor is this user responsible for any responses your comprehension may prompt you to give. The user(s) responsible for removing this user from this forum, at any time, because of a comprehension ability (or own culture's collective comprehension) drawing you the wrong conclusion of this user's intent, shall be looked upon as a mega ejit, discriminative of other cultures.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2005 05:42 AM
PrettyboyTom is currently offline Click here to Send PrettyboyTom a Private Message Find more posts by PrettyboyTom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crazylozer
n00b boy

No no, I'm not loverboy, I'm lozer or n00b boy.

Anyways, I doubt that much of Tom Welling's large female fan base would have any particular affection towards Kirstin Kreuk or Erica Durance. And what I was saying before was that beauty/pretty/hot is all relative to the opinion of each person. No matter how much media influences, it is impossible to simply override the opinion of a person. That being said, to rule any opinion jaded by outside sources null and void is a useless exercise. Everyone has been changed by the world, by varying opinions and media, life experience and fantastic imaginations. Even a hermit who was blind, deaf and mute would be biased towards silence and darkness due to their life. There is no pure views of anything in the world, accept it. Oh, and school is out for another week.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2005 06:02 AM
crazylozer is currently offline Click here to Send crazylozer a Private Message Find more posts by crazylozer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PrettyboyTom
Restricted

Account Restricted

What you say is discrimination against the huge numbers of lesbians, if you want to get technical and politically correct here. All I am saying with relation to appearances is 'media' has a very influential way of brainwashing. Just by turning on the TV, ideas are being put into your head. You wouldn't have became attracted to Tom Welling yourself, hadn't it been for TV. Tom Welling's look might never have been something you seek in a partner, hadn't it been for TV.

From what I've read, you tend to think that everyone makes their own mind up and has their own opinion. Well I say bollocks! to this. There's a very real situation today where everyone piles onto the next big trend. It's a trend to find Kristin Kreuk (what a toad of a name!) astonishingly beautiful above non-famous people, as non-famous people are not being exposed and put forward by medias in brainwashing fashion to masses of sheep. Anorexia in teenage girls wasn't so widespread before they had these 'super-models' placed in front of their eyes on that TV. Wake up!

I see it all the time, and here is no acception - you're brainwashed, loverboy; trying to convince yourself otherwise is ignorant.

Schools out for another week, and? Learning doesn't stop, so make sure you do some! Attend your own class!

You accept that! Amen.

Before you reply, I want you to understand that your mind isn't as powerful as mine - you will fail in competition against it. smile

User Disclaimer: By reading any post issued to this forum by this user, you adhere to the fact that this user cannot be held responsible for a negative light you may view any of his posts in, as this user isn't responsible for your comprehension abilities or lack of them. Nor is this user responsible for any responses your comprehension may prompt you to give. The user(s) responsible for removing this user from this forum, at any time, because of a comprehension ability (or own culture's collective comprehension) drawing you the wrong conclusion of this user's intent, shall be looked upon as a mega ejit, discriminative of other cultures.

Last edited by PrettyboyTom on Dec 26th, 2005 at 11:18 AM

Old Post Dec 26th, 2005 11:08 AM
PrettyboyTom is currently offline Click here to Send PrettyboyTom a Private Message Find more posts by PrettyboyTom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kal of Krypton
Lois's Lover

Lana is still alive in the comics. (married Pete Ross actually) But I would like to see her dead. She complains to much and is a drag to the show. She has trust issues.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2005 07:35 PM
Kal of Krypton is currently offline Click here to Send Kal of Krypton a Private Message Find more posts by Kal of Krypton Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crazylozer
n00b boy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by PrettyboyTom
What you say is discrimination against the huge numbers of lesbians, if you want to get technical and politically correct here. All I am saying with relation to appearances is 'media' has a very influential way of brainwashing. Just by turning on the TV, ideas are being put into your head. You wouldn't have became attracted to Tom Welling yourself, hadn't it been for TV. Tom Welling's look might never have been something you seek in a partner, hadn't it been for TV.

From what I've read, you tend to think that everyone makes their own mind up and has their own opinion. Well I say bollocks! to this. There's a very real situation today where everyone piles onto the next big trend. It's a trend to find Kristin Kreuk (what a toad of a name!) astonishingly beautiful above non-famous people, as non-famous people are not being exposed and put forward by medias in brainwashing fashion to masses of sheep. Anorexia in teenage girls wasn't so widespread before they had these 'super-models' placed in front of their eyes on that TV. Wake up!

I see it all the time, and here is no acception - you're brainwashed, loverboy; trying to convince yourself otherwise is ignorant.

Schools out for another week, and? Learning doesn't stop, so make sure you do some! Attend your own class!

You accept that! Amen.

Before you reply, I want you to understand that your mind isn't as powerful as mine - you will fail in competition against it. smile

First off, I have no mind; I'm a robot. Secondly, you misunderstood me. In my previous post, I clearly stated that people are affected by the media, and opinions are swayed by trends and peer pressure. What I meant, and you did not comprehend, was that that doesn't matter, for each person has a preconceived opinion on any subject. To claim an opinion jaded by outside media to be invalid is to be entirely hypocritical, basically ignoring the opinion of everyone. For example, it would be quite difficult to claim that Kirstin Kreuk is butt-ugly; she is quite pretty, she wouldn't have gotten the part otherwise. And following that, the media claims that she is beautiful, then different people have different ideas of the level of her beauty. Girls become anorexic because of the basic human instinct for popularity, and the visual nature of our species. Finally, I meant that the large female fan base that looks at Tom Welling as a sex symbol...

Old Post Dec 27th, 2005 01:42 AM
crazylozer is currently offline Click here to Send crazylozer a Private Message Find more posts by crazylozer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kal of Krypton
Lois's Lover

Guy's c'mon be reasonable this is a good tread that I would't want to see shut down if you guys want to get political start a thread elswhere I'd love to be a part of it but for now cool it. And I think Kristin Kreuk Is nothing but a pretyy face. She's not that great of an actor.

And Mr. Prettyboytom I now quote you,

"Before you reply, I want you to understand that your mind isn't as powerful as mine - you will fail in competition against it"

Crazy Loozer Might not win but I would. I'll start off with something simple such as you put krypton as your location and everyone knows krypton was destroyed. You could have put, SMALLVILLE, Kansas, or something.

Lets start a SMALLVILLE battle thread were we just keep quizing each other till one of us fail. Other people could be a part of it too. Your call prettyboytom.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2005 02:27 AM
Kal of Krypton is currently offline Click here to Send Kal of Krypton a Private Message Find more posts by Kal of Krypton Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PrettyboyTom
Restricted

Account Restricted

NO! I understood you perfectly. You're still under the illusion that media doesn't make peoples opinion. You still stand corrected. I never said Lana was butt ugly, remember, her appearance is exaggerated by media, making everyone think she's a godess!

quote:
Girls become anorexic because of the basic human instinct for popularity, and the visual nature of our species. Finally, I meant that the large female fan base that looks at Tom Welling as a sex symbol...

This is an example of your lack of knowledge. Do a search on google. It's all there. You're wrong once again. You make me laugh wtih your wildly uninformed claims about human instinct. Basically, you are in denial.

How DARE you discriminate against the larger female! Although, they do feel the need to prove to themselves that big is beautiful and so they will date a good looking guy as that proof. It is true, a FAT girl finds it easier to get a FIT male than a FAT male would find it to get a FIT girl.

Enough on the matter. I win.

Last edited by PrettyboyTom on Dec 27th, 2005 at 08:14 AM

Old Post Dec 27th, 2005 08:07 AM
PrettyboyTom
Restricted

Account Restricted

I Would just like to inform Kal (as I just spotted the barely noticable shrimp) that the whole purpose of this thread is to talk about Lana and reasons why she should be axed. What you see here is 'depth' to discussion. If you don't like it and are happy living a shallow tin-pot life where conversations involve, "hi, how are you" and "I think Tom Welling is pretty" posts, with no depth, then LEAVE!

LEAVE if you can't 'hack' my style. LEAVE if you're going to whine on about why the world isn't black and white with no grey areas. KILL YOURSELF if you can't handle objective replies in here. WAKE UP! And don't bother typing up stupid things like "Krypton was destroyed, why don't you put kansas as location" and "I can beat you". You have no IDEA just how stupid and just totally RANDOM that looks. If you're trying to be funny, it's not funny. If you're trying to be clever...

YOU AREN'T big grin WAKEY WAKEY eek!

Last edited by PrettyboyTom on Dec 27th, 2005 at 08:29 AM

Old Post Dec 27th, 2005 08:23 AM
Kal of Krypton
Lois's Lover

Well Tom, I think if I got you correctly you trying to say that, we didn't know they existed until media brought them to us and we excepted them in because their looks.

Well you can't say that everybody likes people just for there looks either. People have known Tom Welling before he was on TV. And Kristin Kreuk for that matter. And I'm sure people aren't just friends with her because her looks, or because she's famous. Some people could be but not everybody is like that.

If I got you wrong please inform me.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2005 03:57 PM
PrettyboyTom
Restricted

Account Restricted

What the... ?

With pleasure, I inform you are INCORRECT and in a world of your own.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2005 05:42 PM
PrettyboyTom
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Girls become anorexic because of the basic human instinct for popularity, and the visual nature of our species.

I got one more thing to add about this quote: BOLLOCKS... well, on second thoughts, maybe the 'basic human instinct' for popularity with 'teen girls' will set in motion once they've found out (by television most of the time) just what sexy and desirable is. Without media, trends would never be as global as they are. Without media telling you that mcdonald's has tasty hamburgers, you and everyone else would never have spent money on their crap and ate their crap.

But, what exactly do you mean by the visual nature of our species? Are you saying that we, as a species, are shallow? If you are, you're agreeing with a lot of points I've raised on this tiny forum. Television is but one of many mediums for media that is encouraging society to grow to even greater extremes of shallowness.

Last edited by PrettyboyTom on Dec 27th, 2005 at 05:59 PM

Old Post Dec 27th, 2005 05:47 PM
PrettyboyTom
Restricted

Account Restricted

If it wasn't for the population's "visual nature", Kristin kruek would never be so popular in her role. Now, it wouldn't suprise me if teen girls are trying to be like her and teen boys are trying to get girls that look like her. ALL because of media control.

If anythin else pops into my head, I'll be sure to let you all know smile

Old Post Dec 27th, 2005 06:06 PM
Eis
androgynous mind

If she's not with Lex, I vote for her to die.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2005 06:39 PM
Eis is currently offline Click here to Send Eis a Private Message Find more posts by Eis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crazylozer
n00b boy

Tom, you still misunderstand. I clearly stated, and clearly restated in previous posts (please reread them) that media does have influence over the general population. Where I disagreed with you is the extent of their influence. Homo sapiens are not a solitary species. They group together in large groups, clans, etc. for safety, dating back to when we were not the dominant species of the Earth. Thus, it is an ingrained instinct to want companionship.

'Visual nature' is an indisputable fact. Unless you use a counting system other than base-10, you are also affected by what you can see (your fingers and thumbs/ toes). And what I am trying to say is that people only like Lana because she's pretty. Following that, first impressions are usually made based on appearances, and under that perspective, yes, we are shallow. But you have too little faith in your fellow person. Why do you think people stereo-type models as stupid? Because they are? If what you said is true, the general populace would be too absorbed in their beauty to comment on flaws, but they do.

You chose to misunderstand me as well. When I said 'larger', I meant the 'majority'. Over 50%. That is what I meant.

Oh, and I agree, Mcdonald's hamburgers taste like crap. I do like their chicken mcnuggets though.

P.S. What does 'bollocks' mean?

Old Post Dec 27th, 2005 07:26 PM
Kal of Krypton
Lois's Lover

Tom so your saying that it's only her looks that got her famous and that people who are not hot can't get famous do to there looks?

Old Post Dec 27th, 2005 07:38 PM
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by PrettyboyTom
What that Anomaly said proves the point I've raised in other threads about the look of the actors who play these characters determining just how popular they are in that role. It doesn't matter just how mediocre their acting ability is; the bimbos who play Lana and Lois will always get comments like: "oh she's such a great actress!", all because they're pretty, albeit, nothing special - it is only the exposure they get from being on TV that makes them special in the eyes of the brainwashed Smallville fanbase (the majority of the overall fanbase).

Anomly is an example of someone who is brainwashed into thinking a pretty girl on Smallville is a spectacularly pretty girl, more so than someone of equal attractiveness or more, in the real world. Check out the photo he posted - there's nothing special about her in it, yet he's hyping her up with the smileys, use of words and phrasing of those words as if she's amazingly beautiful. It's amazing just what Television can do to the human mind, isn't it?

Anomaly's mindset is the same as tens of thousands of shallow people who watch the show - maybe more.

I'm glad I'm not weak in the head like those said people.

Seriously man, take your head out of your ass. Your attempt to seem sophisticated and intelligent is absolutely hilarious, I can only imagine how funny you'd be in real life if can smell you BS over the Internet.

Lana is a pretty girl, and shes not a bad actor, stop attacking me for no reason, like what the hell man, just cause I pWned your ass in the Goku vs. Clark thread doesn't mean you have to go all vendetta on me. If you continue to do it I'm just gonna start completely ignoring your posts.

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post Dec 27th, 2005 10:11 PM
((The_Anomaly)) is currently offline Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NoFate007

They aren't gonna kill Lana. She's one of the people that they can't kill off if they want to keep some continuity. Chloe as far as I know was made up completely for the show, like Pete. They can be killed. Lana can't, Lois can't, etc.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2005 02:57 AM
NoFate007 is currently offline Click here to Send NoFate007 a Private Message Find more posts by NoFate007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PrettyboyTom
Restricted

Account Restricted

loverboy, loser, or whatever you want to be called. YOU reread mine. Although, if you say everyone loves Lana because she's pretty, then I win and you lose the debate, as this is what I have said! I then took it further by going on about media and how Kristin Kruek is forced down everyone's throat and how she's getting movie roles and stuff from it, and basically, she's a talentless bÃ_mbo. You see it, I see it. But a lot of people DON'T see it. All because media is good at brainwashing.

It was a joke when I went on about the larger female, you stupid boy. RE-READ.

Last edited by PrettyboyTom on Dec 28th, 2005 at 08:13 AM

Old Post Dec 28th, 2005 08:08 AM
Kal of Krypton
Lois's Lover

Hey Nofate007. In the Comics Lane ends up marring Pete Ross. (he's also white in the comic's but who care's?) They did'nt kill Pete off they just got rid of him.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2005 08:40 PM
PrettyboyTom
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Seriously man, take your head out of your ass. Your attempt to seem sophisticated and intelligent is absolutely hilarious, I can only imagine how funny you'd be in real life if can smell you BS over the Internet.

Lana is a pretty girl, and shes not a bad actor, stop attacking me for no reason, like what the hell man, just cause I pWned your ass in the Goku vs. Clark thread doesn't mean you have to go all vendetta on me. If you continue to do it I'm just gonna start completely ignoring your posts.

Ohhhh!!! Look at this one that almost slipped my attention. Some childish abuse from a childish abuser!

Do you want to know who's full of shít? Look a little closer to home. What the hell do you know what I'm attempting to do? Idiot. I'll tell you one thing, kid, you're the one who thinks I'm sophisticated and intelligent, regardless of it being true.

You should be more worried about the total tithead you're coming across as than how I'm coming across. Only áss you 'pwn' (nerdspeak) is your own when you go off on one like a total ..er... tithead!

If I bother you so much, you do exactly that: ignore my posts. Ignorant fool, I take a giant shit down your throat and I píss all over YOUR vendetta against me.

Last edited by PrettyboyTom on Dec 28th, 2005 at 09:00 PM

Old Post Dec 28th, 2005 08:51 PM