KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Darth Maul vs Count Dooku

Darth Maul vs Count Dooku
Started by: braz

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Blind Guardian
Restricted

Account Restricted

Try typing it in right then.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2005 09:31 PM
Click here to Send Blind Guardian a Private Message Find more posts by Blind Guardian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthsith19
Arm-Wrestler

I've been thinking. Now, I don't think Maul'd win but this actually might be close. I mean, he only lost to Obi-Wan by coincidence. In Shadow Hunter he beats Anoon Bondara, who's supposed to be the best Jedi with a blade (thgis is just before TPM), he nearly kills Sidious and it says in Star Wars Chronicles The Prequels that his saber skills are second only to Sidious's while the TPM visual dictionary says his saber skills are even better than Sidious's. Now putting these things together I think pretty much all of us here underestimate Maul. While I'm not changing by answer, Dooku'd win, it may actually be close.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2005 01:59 AM
Click here to Send darthsith19 a Private Message Find more posts by darthsith19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

Pfft. Dooku managed to take out Obi-Wan in twenty or so seconds while defending himself against Anakin's onslaught at the same time. The same Kenobi that held his own against Maul as a Padawan learner.

Maul's not bad, but he's no Dooku, in either saber skills or Force ability.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2005 02:22 AM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lightsnake

Agreed...most people Dooku'd slaughter rather effortlessly

Old Post Dec 27th, 2005 03:43 AM
Click here to Send Lightsnake a Private Message Find more posts by Lightsnake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Council#13
The Omega Male

Agreed

"Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one." -Dr. Seuss

Old Post Dec 27th, 2005 05:13 AM
Click here to Send Council#13 a Private Message Find more posts by Council#13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Great Vengeance

Dooku...

Old Post Dec 27th, 2005 06:20 AM
Click here to Send Great Vengeance a Private Message Find more posts by Great Vengeance Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthsith19
Arm-Wrestler

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Faunus
Pfft. Dooku managed to take out Obi-Wan in twenty or so seconds while defending himself against Anakin's onslaught at the same time. The same Kenobi that held his own against Maul as a Padawan learner.

Yeah, but fighting alongside a crazed knight on a starship isn't really a very good place to utilize Soresu. And Obi-Wanb nearly held his own against Maul in TPM when using Force Rage.

I say Dooku wins but doesn't pwn.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2005 06:05 PM
Click here to Send darthsith19 a Private Message Find more posts by darthsith19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
braz
I'm an agent of chaos...

Originally posted by darthsith19
I've been thinking. Now, I don't think Maul'd win but this actually might be close. I mean, he only lost to Obi-Wan by coincidence. In Shadow Hunter he beats Anoon Bondara, who's supposed to be the best Jedi with a blade (thgis is just before TPM), he nearly kills Sidious and it says in Star Wars Chronicles The Prequels that his saber skills are second only to Sidious's while the TPM visual dictionary says his saber skills are even better than Sidious's. Now putting these things together I think pretty much all of us here underestimate Maul. While I'm not changing by answer, Dooku'd win, it may actually be close.

true, maul's skills with a blade are def impeccable....and the only reason obi beat him as a padawan was cuz he attacked him without warning....just hopped up, grabbed qui gons saber(which maul prolly forgot was there, or else he would've kicked it down the hole also) with the force and cut him n half....mauls no pushover and thats the reason i made this thread....but true, dooku would probably win, cuz i havent even seen episode 2 but he wouldnt pwn him in like 10 seconds though

Old Post Dec 27th, 2005 07:34 PM
Click here to Send braz a Private Message Find more posts by braz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
overlord
OD'd

Yeah, but fighting alongside a crazed knight on a starship isn't really a very good place to utilize Soresu. And Obi-Wanb nearly held his own against Maul in TPM when using Force Rage.

I say Dooku wins but doesn't pwn.
Obi Wan used force rage.. You just made that up, didn't you?
Obi Wan owned Maul, Maul would be stepped on by Dooku.

backwards, forwards, backwards, forwards

Old Post Dec 28th, 2005 02:41 PM
Click here to Send overlord a Private Message Find more posts by overlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lightsnake

Braz, are you implying Obi should have given Maul fair warning? This is a duel to the death, you're supposed to attack without warning

Old Post Dec 28th, 2005 02:43 PM
Click here to Send Lightsnake a Private Message Find more posts by Lightsnake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthsith19
Arm-Wrestler

Originally posted by overlord
Obi Wan used force rage.. You just made that up, didn't you?
Obi Wan owned Maul, Maul would be stepped on by Dooku.

Nope, didn't make it up. Owned? Yeah, he caught him by surprise but even when using Force rage Obi-Wan wasn't quite as good as Maul. Without it and had Qui-Gon not been there he'd have been dead in no time.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2005 07:00 PM
braz
I'm an agent of chaos...

Originally posted by Lightsnake
Braz, are you implying Obi should have given Maul fair warning? This is a duel to the death, you're supposed to attack without warning

lol no i dont think he should've given him fair warning.....im just saying if the duel would've kept going where they both had their lightsabers(maul had his dualsaber as one, and obi had his blue saber), maul would've probably won....but, that doesnt matter...could've, would've, should've, DIDNT thats just the way it turned out

Old Post Dec 28th, 2005 07:11 PM
Click here to Send braz a Private Message Find more posts by braz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
overlord
OD'd

Nope, didn't make it up. Owned? Yeah, he caught him by surprise but even when using Force rage Obi-Wan wasn't quite as good as Maul. Without it and had Qui-Gon not been there he'd have been dead in no time.
Force rage in never implied anywhere, except for the games and KMC.

backwards, forwards, backwards, forwards

Old Post Dec 29th, 2005 02:22 PM
Click here to Send overlord a Private Message Find more posts by overlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Treeherder

Dooku, hands down.

I think even Yoda admitted that Windu would probably be the only Jedi alive that could go toe to toe with the Count and it be an even saber fight without force. On that ground (and if I'm right about him saying that only Windu could...he could of ment both him and Windu. I don't know =P) Count would beat Maul without force powers or anything. With force powers......the count would still win. Maul was more of a fighter than a force user from what I see. The Count could do both, very well.

Either way, his saber skills > Mauls saber skills.

His force mastery > Mauls force mastery

His experience > Mauls experience**

He would win.

Now all this talk about Maul at his peek.....Maul didn't die in TPM he fell down the shaft and managed to live. He survived Naboo and got off world and had cybernetic legs attachted to him. (blah blah blah) He went to kill Luke since he heard it was Skywalkers son on Tattooine but Obi-wan was protecting him and finished him off there.....Hence why Owen didn't want him around there. Read that in a Graphic Novel. So if Obi-wan could take him than......than Count could take him without a doubt.

Not to metion that Sidious would of replaced Maul with the Count soon after so Maul would never get to his peak. Sidious had Dooku as an apprentice while Maul was still alive. The only two rule.....he broke. I don't think he cared about the rule and besides, it was more of a guideline anyway...=P

Even if you don't take the graphic novel and just go by movies. Count > Maul.

I like Maul. He was a marauder and I always like Jedi who focused more on physical combat than force mastery. =P

Old Post Dec 29th, 2005 02:49 PM
Click here to Send Treeherder a Private Message Find more posts by Treeherder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lightsnake

That Visionaries story was an Infinities...a parallel thing, NOT in continuity.

Intelligence and mindset are a big part of fighting. Maul failed in both of them.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2005 02:56 PM
Council#13
The Omega Male

and the winner is.... dun dun dun dun!!!! DOOKU

"Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one." -Dr. Seuss

Old Post Dec 29th, 2005 03:12 PM
Click here to Send Council#13 a Private Message Find more posts by Council#13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
six6six
Droog

Vader barely beat Maul(clone). Anakin(ROTS) whooped Dooku. Need I say more?

Old Post Apr 16th, 2009 05:33 PM
Click here to Send six6six a Private Message Find more posts by six6six Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by six6six
The Maul clone is not TPM Maul. Vader is not RotS Anakin.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2009 06:40 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

Originally posted by six6six
Damn. Why didn't I ever think of that?

Old Post Apr 16th, 2009 07:02 PM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
six6six
Droog

Originally posted by Lord Lucien
The Maul clone is not TPM Maul. Vader is not RotS Anakin.

What makes clone Maul better then the real deal? And are you saying that ROTS Anakin is stronger then Vader?

Old Post Apr 16th, 2009 07:45 PM
Click here to Send six6six a Private Message Find more posts by six6six Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote