KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » Ultimate Colossus, and Colossus Respect Thread

Ultimate Colossus, and Colossus Respect Thread
Started by: soujaboy09

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (159): « First ... « 154 155 [156] 157 158 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

quote: (post)
Originally posted by KingD19
I've seen those. And I agree to an extent. But it was like...they did nothing with it for so long he may as well have stayed straight. The way they did it yeah, just no words.

Agreed.

Bendis spent at least 2 entire issues gaying the shit out of Bobby. Yeah, I know there's no such word, but I can't describe that "writing" any other way.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2016 01:25 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

They should have just made him bisexual. Would have made far more sense.

About Colossus, I did get delayed a little due to Christmas and so on, but I'm finally getting enough time to myself again that I can continue with the respect thread. So hoping to have something up in the next few weeks.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 11th, 2016 08:25 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by -Pr-
They should have just made him bisexual. Would have made far more sense.

Yes. Lorna, Mystique, Kitty... no way none of them never realized Bobby was just 'pure homo'.

Originally posted by -Pr-
About Colossus, I did get delayed a little due to Christmas and so on, but I'm finally getting enough time to myself again that I can continue with the respect thread. So hoping to have something up in the next few weeks.

thumb up

Take your time. I know that respect threads can be time-consuming even if you do them for characters with quite limited appearances. Colossus is not one of those.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2016 10:48 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Yes. Lorna, Mystique, Kitty... no way none of them never realized Bobby was just 'pure homo'.

thumb up

Take your time. I know that respect threads can be time-consuming even if you do them for characters with quite limited appearances. Colossus is not one of those.

Exactly.

Thanks man. Yeah, that and I want to get it right. I don't want to half-ass it at all. Especially considering how this isn't just a respect thread, but also a "how his powers most likely work" thread too. So many X-Men have that awful tendency to have contradictions with their powers and how they work, because some writers just don't know what they're doing.

If only everything was as simple as "has claws and healing" or "has a red cape and flies" etc.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 11th, 2016 11:16 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Actually, Jinzin had plenty of sections in the Wolverine thread for that. How adrenaline affects the speed of his healing factor, how adamantium affects it, etc. Wolverine's HF is actually pretty damn complicated and claws, as basic as they seem to be, still have many questions unanswered about them.

Superman's flight has been the subject of many discussions, too.

You're right, too many writers have made it hell. Some examples:

---

Writer A: Wolverine doesn't need an active x-gene to pop his claws.

Writer B: He does.

---

Writer A: Healing factor only makes the pain worse and doesn't deal with the phantom pains.

Writer B: Healing factor comes with some pain tolerance.

---

Claremont (monday): Healing factor makes Wolverine helluva strong.

Claremont (tuesday): Lack of his healing factor doesn't make Wolverine any less strong.

laughing out loud

Old Post Feb 11th, 2016 12:56 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Thanks for ruining my examples... Dick.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 11th, 2016 06:40 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Feb 11th, 2016 06:53 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

laughing

It's still a shame though, how much second-guessing there is about Colossus's powers there is.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 11th, 2016 07:57 PM
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Regarding Colossus' fight with Angel Dust I got the impression he was going to win until his nice guy demeanor gave Angel the Dust the opening she needed to nut shot Colossus. You can tell she was getting frustrated during the fight. Had Colossus had Angel Dusts mind set he would have easily won imo.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2016 09:21 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

She's just a woman, so it doesn't count even if she was Living Tribunal lv. Relax, juggs74.

PS. Thanks for not spoiling.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2016 09:31 PM
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

I tried to edit but was too late. I didn't really spoil much anyways.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2016 09:40 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Relax, I meant it when I typed it. Others would have spoiled the scene entirely, lol. It's all fine.

Good movie?

Old Post Feb 12th, 2016 09:43 PM
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Very good movie.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2016 11:35 PM
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

After credits scene should be Angel Dust showing up to Colossus door, then the next shot is the entire building shaking.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2016 05:19 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by KingD19
After credits scene should be Angel Dust showing up to Colossus door, then the next shot is the entire building shaking.

thumb up

But yeah, guys, let's try to keep spoilers to a minimum please.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 13th, 2016 10:33 AM
Ptr_Grifin
What?

I felt that Colossus came off as slightly too [SPOILER - highlight to read]: weak. It seemed Angel outmatched him strength wise. She stopped two (?) of his punches somewhat easily. Big C diffidently had her in the durability department though. I didn't what him to completely outmatch her in strength, but she shouldn't have been able to catch his fist like that. Maybe she could have had a good speed advantage and still throw around his weight. All in all, loved the movie and thought this was the best on-screen version of Colossus yet.

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I am so far behind I will never die.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2016 04:58 PM
Ptr_Grifin is currently offline Click here to Send Ptr_Grifin a Private Message Find more posts by Ptr_Grifin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Colossus actually overpowered her physically when he stopped her from pushing him and she got a running start. Colossus was clearly holding back.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2016 09:17 PM
SamZED

That ^ also we don't know how strong her movie version was supposed to be.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2016 06:29 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Her comic version is billed as Class 25 I think. So I'm not sure where they had her on the movie scale. But they certainly dialed Colossus back from an 11 down to like a 4-5.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2016 06:57 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Anadrol1

The movie also gave the impression Colossus was permanently in his metal form. I mean he's eating cereal in his metal form? He hangs around the x mansion in metal 24/7? He definitely looked bad ass in the movie but come on, angel dust almost killing him? That's ridiculous. He could have walked right through every single villain in the movie if written to actaul power set. But such is the movies.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2016 07:29 PM
Anadrol1 is currently offline Click here to Send Anadrol1 a Private Message Find more posts by Anadrol1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote