KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » Ultimate Colossus, and Colossus Respect Thread

Ultimate Colossus, and Colossus Respect Thread
Started by: soujaboy09

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (159): « First ... « 155 156 [157] 158 159 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Yeah that's a thing they got wrong. He ate in his metal form, threw up in his metal form, and seemed to be getting choked out despite not needing to breathe. But considering how much they changed Negasonic Teenage Warhead, it's not a surprise.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2016 07:37 PM
KingD19 is online now! Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Guys, spoilers need to be marked as such.

As far as Colossus goes:

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: I got the impression that the whole "always metal" thing was to not have to spend extra money on the sfx for him transforming.

As far as Negasonic, she was originally supposed to be Cannonball, I read.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 15th, 2016 07:49 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-
Guys, spoilers need to be marked as such.

Thanks, bro.

I keep falling into these traps laughing out loud

Old Post Feb 15th, 2016 10:44 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ptr_Grifin
What?

Originally posted by juggernaut74
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Colossus actually overpowered her physically when he stopped her from pushing him and she got a running start. Colossus was clearly holding back.

I made that assumption, but you could also come to the opposite conclusion and not totally be wrong. He had mass and weight. Without that she wouldn't be slipping in the dirt. I know comic characters are almost never truly/fully represented in movies. But I wish it was a little bit more of a gap between Colossus and Angel in that department.

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I am so far behind I will never die.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2016 10:54 PM
Ptr_Grifin is currently offline Click here to Send Ptr_Grifin a Private Message Find more posts by Ptr_Grifin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

Originally posted by Ptr_Grifin
I made that assumption, but you could also come to the opposite conclusion and not totally be wrong. He had mass and weight. Without that she wouldn't be slipping in the dirt. I know comic characters are almost never truly/fully represented in movies. But I wish it was a little bit more of a gap between Colossus and Angel in that department.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: In all honesty. They seriously nerfed him. He should not only be bigger, vastly stronger, and more durable than her. But he's supposed to be fast as shit for his size and an amazing fighter. The fight shouldn't have been in doubt up until he saw her ***. I'll still give her the first punch though for comedic value and surprise.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2016 10:59 PM
KingD19 is online now! Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ptr_Grifin
What?

Originally posted by KingD19
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: In all honesty. They seriously nerfed him. He should not only be bigger, vastly stronger, and more durable than her. But he's supposed to be fast as shit for his size and an amazing fighter. The fight shouldn't have been in doubt up until he saw her ***. I'll still give her the first punch though for comedic value and surprise.

For the most part, I agree with you. But for movies, I'm not so much bothered by a more realistic level of power. I want Colossus to be strong, but not so much that he would be lifting that big ship up in that scrap yard. And for someone of his size, I am okay with him not having Olympic level reflexes.

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I am so far behind I will never die.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2016 11:26 PM
Ptr_Grifin is currently offline Click here to Send Ptr_Grifin a Private Message Find more posts by Ptr_Grifin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

Originally posted by Ptr_Grifin
For the most part, I agree with you. But for movies, I'm not so much bothered by a more realistic level of power. I want Colossus to be strong, but not so much that he would be lifting that big ship up in that scrap yard. And for someone of his size, I am okay with him not having Olympic level reflexes.

I agree on that. The level of Colossus wasn't what bothered me. It was that they raised AD soooooo much that he wasn't as physically dominating as he deserves to be.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Yeah he was clearly stronger/tougher than her. And her real advantage was skill/speed, but I feel like they should have focused on that. She shouldn't have been able to push him so far, or not only stop his punch but wrench his hand around, etc... If it was more like, she used his weight and momentum against him while throwing in powerful strikes from time to time, it'd make more sense. did feel better when he got frustrated and you saw the true gap between them though, like the one arm ragdoll treatment or when he just slung her.

Last edited by KingD19 on Feb 15th, 2016 at 11:38 PM

Old Post Feb 15th, 2016 11:34 PM
Ptr_Grifin
What?

I completely agree. That's how I was thinking the fight should have went. Overall, it was still the best movie showing yet and it was still good.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2016 11:54 PM
Sai1

Yeah, best looking Colossus so far, but he had a lot more trouble dealing with AD than he should have.

Old Post Feb 16th, 2016 06:23 AM
Sai1 is currently offline Click here to Send Sai1 a Private Message Find more posts by Sai1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

As far as Colossus goes:

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: I got the impression that the whole "always metal" thing was to not have to spend extra money on the sfx for him transforming.

That's exactly what it was. Remember this had a total budget of $58million.

To put that in perspective, Nowadays a cheap superhero film is something like Ant-Man which had a budget of $120million.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2016 06:19 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Aye.

The one thing I disliked about Colossus more than anything was his actual skin. I get that they didn't have the budget of a bigger movie, but I prefer more of a sheen to his skin. It should look less matte/dull. Not the liquid metal look from DOFP, but still.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Feb 21st, 2016 08:49 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

What's that word? Burnished? He looked like someone just left him in a fire for a long time and when he came out, he never wiped the ash and soot off of himself.

He looked like metallic strips of duct tape.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2016 09:23 PM
Sai1

Aye.

The one thing I disliked about Colossus more than anything was his actual skin. I get that they didn't have the budget of a bigger movie, but I prefer more of a sheen to his skin. It should look less matte/dull. Not the liquid metal look from DOFP, but still.

I knew there was something quite not right about the look but couldn't put my finger on it. That's exactly it.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2016 06:23 AM
Sai1 is currently offline Click here to Send Sai1 a Private Message Find more posts by Sai1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steve2275

he held up a sky scraper in x-men gold 1

Old Post Apr 6th, 2017 04:46 PM
steve2275 is currently offline Click here to Send steve2275 a Private Message Find more posts by steve2275 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Saw that. Hella impressive.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 6th, 2017 04:56 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Old Post Apr 6th, 2017 06:11 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Only wish it was more quantifiable.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 6th, 2017 06:12 PM
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Only wish it was more quantifiable.
It's quite quantifiable, if we take the average weight of a skyscrapper, which is around 250,000 tons.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Apr 6th, 2017 07:22 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I was talking about how long he held it up for. I mean, are we talking a few seconds here? Or are we to think that the fight lasted even a couple of minutes?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 6th, 2017 07:47 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Or are we to think that the fight lasted even a couple of minutes?

Terrax wouldn't last that long, even if you put him against Toad laughing out loud

Old Post Apr 6th, 2017 07:50 PM