KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » Ultimate Colossus, and Colossus Respect Thread

Ultimate Colossus, and Colossus Respect Thread
Started by: soujaboy09

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (159): « First ... « 156 157 [158] 159 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TethAdamTheRock

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-
Aye.

The one thing I disliked about Colossus more than anything was his actual skin. I get that they didn't have the budget of a bigger movie, but I prefer more of a sheen to his skin. It should look less matte/dull. Not the liquid metal look from DOFP, but still.
They got it somewhat right, its just the matte look

Steel
(please log in to view the image)

Comic Colossus has a chromish touch to his skin though
(please log in to view the image)

Last edited by TethAdamTheRock on Apr 6th, 2017 at 08:04 PM

Old Post Apr 6th, 2017 07:53 PM
TethAdamTheRock is currently offline Click here to Send TethAdamTheRock a Private Message Find more posts by TethAdamTheRock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Terrax wouldn't last that long, even if you put him against Toad laughing out loud

Excellent point.

==

That's what I meant, TATHR, he needs that sheen. Like he had in the other movies or Steel has in DC Legends.

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured... the first thought forbidden... the first freedom denied – chains us all irrevocably."

Old Post Apr 6th, 2017 07:57 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Originally posted by Philosophía
It's quite quantifiable, if we take the average weight of a skyscrapper, which is around 250,000 tons.
That sounds like a descent estimate. As for how long he held it it's hard to say but I'm assuming he held is for a little while.

Nice feat, definately one of his best.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2017 11:29 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

I just noticed something that may shed some light on how long Colossus held that building up, Kitty told Nightcrawler to teleport any stragglers out of the building. We don't actually see how many he teleported out of the skyscraper but it's quite possible that Colossus held the building for a descent amount of time for that to happen being he had to check the entire building.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2017 01:50 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ptr_Grifin
What?

Only wish it was more quantifiable.

Not to downplay the feat, but didn't Nimrod calculate Pete is at 500+ tons recently?

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I am so far behind I will never die.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2017 02:35 PM
Ptr_Grifin is currently offline Click here to Send Ptr_Grifin a Private Message Find more posts by Ptr_Grifin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-

Originally posted by juggernaut74
I just noticed something that may shed some light on how long Colossus held that building up, Kitty told Nightcrawler to teleport any stragglers out of the building. We don't actually see how many he teleported out of the skyscraper but it's quite possible that Colossus held the building for a descent amount of time for that to happen being he had to check the entire building.

Hmm, that's a good point. Kurt gets tired porting more than two or three at a time iirc, so it must have taken at least a few minutes.

Originally posted by Ptr_Grifin
Not to downplay the feat, but didn't Nimrod calculate Pete is at 500+ tons recently?

Did he? I must have missed that.

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured... the first thought forbidden... the first freedom denied – chains us all irrevocably."

Old Post Apr 7th, 2017 02:43 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ptr_Grifin
What?

Okay, so it was a little longer than I though. The scan was originally on page 86 I think, back in 2010. Judging by the comments Nimrod had Colossus at 1.5 tons for every pound. At 500 lbs, he'd be at 750 tons.

I'm not sure what to think of it being capped around that area. Pr, you're a big fan of him, is that what you think Colossus should be at?

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I am so far behind I will never die.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2017 03:29 PM
Ptr_Grifin is currently offline Click here to Send Ptr_Grifin a Private Message Find more posts by Ptr_Grifin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

He actually weighs more than 500lbs. He weighs closer to a ton, if not an actual ton.

He's been dropped as a human bomb before, he's thrown off the calibration of the X-Jet because he was armored up and they didn't account for that.

He's actually been stated on panel to weigh a ton.

And there's simply no way the densest metal(Osmium) is comprising an entire 7+ foot tall man and he's only 500lbs.

So at the least Nimrod would have him at around 3,000 tons.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2017 03:55 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

In Excalibur Colossus was stated to weigh one ton.

Also in that Nimrod scene it took 4 Nimrods(maybe more) to restrain Colossus. Nimrod is Class 100.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2017 04:14 PM
Ptr_Grifin
What?

Ah, Ok. I took a quick look at Marvel.com and it has him at 500 lbs armored, but I thought it was a little dated. Plus Marvel doesn't update their site as they should.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2017 04:26 PM
-Pr-

IIRC Excalibur said he was "over a ton", and yeah, imo the 500lbs thing is pushing it, even with his insides being this wonderfully ambiguous metal.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2017 04:38 PM
StiltmanFTW

On-panel statements had Wolverine's adamantium heavier than the info from handbooks claimed it to be, too.

Metal is metal, not supposed to be light in most cases. Cyke even told Piotr to revert back into human form when on Blackbird.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2017 05:52 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

Exactly. And his metal is essentially Osmium, which has a far heavier density than most metals, meaning it has a far greater weight in high concentrations as well. Like entirely comprising a 7'5 person/

Old Post Apr 7th, 2017 06:17 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
On-panel statements had Wolverine's adamantium heavier than the info from handbooks claimed it to be, too.

Metal is metal, not supposed to be light in most cases. Cyke even told Piotr to revert back into human form when on Blackbird.

Yup.

Though if it's not 500lbs, what's the consenus? A ton? Two?

Old Post Apr 7th, 2017 06:18 PM
KingD19

Yup.

Though if it's not 500lbs, what's the consenus? A ton? Two?

On-panel statements by Cyclops and a few others as well as info boxes usually put him around 1 Ton in weight.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2017 06:36 PM
-Pr-

Originally posted by KingD19
On-panel statements by Cyclops and a few others as well as info boxes usually put him around 1 Ton in weight.

I'd be fine with anything between 1 and 2, myself.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2017 06:39 PM
KingD19

Yeah that sounds about right. And it could easily be said that any muscle and mass he gains in human form increases a lot once transformed.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2017 07:29 PM
StiltmanFTW

Makes Wolverine throwing him more impressive cool

Old Post Apr 7th, 2017 07:32 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

Wolverine threw him? I always knew that little guy was stronger than he looked.

And he has thrown down with Roughouse repeatedly in the past so it's not too surprising.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2017 07:47 PM
StiltmanFTW

He did:

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon...0_QL80_TTD_.jpg

Another time, he did so under moon's gravity when X-Men were fighting Shi'ar (Phoenix saga), but Piotr was human then.

Yet another instance happened during the time when Colossus was thought to be dead because of the Legacy virus... one of those weird death dream/afterlife scenarios that haunt Logan. Wolverine and Colossus fighting against Logan's dead villains (Shingen, Geist, Cyber and more), ending with Logan picking Colossus up and throwing him at them. I'd totally count it, as it was totally awesome, but it's canoncity/msg boards validity may be questioned in more way than one, of course.

Last edited by StiltmanFTW on Apr 7th, 2017 at 08:17 PM

Old Post Apr 7th, 2017 08:14 PM