KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » USH'S ANNUAL CHRISTMAS-ISH RP TRIVIA QUIZ! All rejoice...

USH'S ANNUAL CHRISTMAS-ISH RP TRIVIA QUIZ! All rejoice...
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

OK, A gem from Vataan was given to Gundy buy the Assasin,
Vataan Blew up. Space dust. Sudden Supernova, that I would bet now was Sienar...
Ascar Also gave her a necklas from another dead planet, one that was mentioned that the Jedi failed to forsee (Sith? I think so)
Eburia

Woah, Also Gundy's master said stuff about a drug ring on Vataan...
That and Spirados...
Sienar again? I wouldn't doubt, Sith Drug Smuggler? maybe..

Another thing, GUndy's master also mentioned an old force potent Nemisis named Kalik.. Sienar's disgise... I'll bet, also said he died chasing his old master. So that could mean he or the master is Sienar...

End Research

Old Post Jan 20th, 2006 11:27 PM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

And in one of Gallador's hallucinations he was fighting drug smugglers.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jan 20th, 2006 11:35 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Connections!

Old Post Jan 20th, 2006 11:56 PM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

We have too much time on our hands, I think, to spend an afternoon searching all this stuff down laughing out loud

Old Post Jan 20th, 2006 11:57 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Good going here! All been good here so far... except that it's not You Only Live Twice.

I'll give you one guess as to what was being smuggled.

Indeed, the destruction of Vataan was very unexpected, and not foreseen.

And you do remember who Gallador was with in that flashback, yes?

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Jan 21st, 2006 at 12:09 AM

Old Post Jan 21st, 2006 12:00 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

C1. Doon not only needed us to wipe out the Lantarnans (except Jena), but he wanted to entirely re-enact the victory of Siva Lantarnan over the original Sith he nabbed it from. Doon would have nabbed it from us after leaving us to die against the Osokans and his dupe of the Dark Jedi would have been complete, as Siva had duped the Sith and stolen the tablet before letting them be slaughtered by Jedi.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2006 12:21 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Good going here! All been good here so far... except that it's not You Only Live Twice.

I'll give you one guess as to what was being smuggled.

Indeed, the destruction of Vataan was very unexpected, and not foreseen.

And you do remember who Gallador was with in that flashback, yes?

That was when he was with Scovione, right?

(I can't be bothered to go back to check right now)

Old Post Jan 21st, 2006 12:24 AM
Alkaselzer
Thespian

C2. Either it's that the Techno Union is trying to build a sizeable army, or that they wanted to have examples of Jedi fighting styles to feed to their BV50...

Old Post Jan 21st, 2006 12:34 AM
Alkaselzer is currently offline Click here to Send Alkaselzer a Private Message Find more posts by Alkaselzer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Indeed Gallador was.

That's the second of the Union's two objectives

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Jan 21st, 2006 09:48 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alkaselzer
Thespian

Just a question, but did Sienar/Brith/Kalik exist before I detailed out my background? I imagine he did and you just said "Hey, we can have Sienar have been Brith too!", but just curious.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2006 05:53 PM
Alkaselzer is currently offline Click here to Send Alkaselzer a Private Message Find more posts by Alkaselzer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Never Say Never Again. Thats the Bond movie Spirados was based off.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2006 09:52 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Almost...

Sienar existed first, but he easily fitted into the background of others.

BtVS

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2006 02:07 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Like most villains in the RPG, thus far.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2006 03:25 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Arrh!!!
Not Never Say Never??
Dammit!

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2006 11:40 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Nope, but close.

BtVS

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2006 12:58 AM
General Zink
Bane

Another thing...Vataan's destruction was not predicted, as Ascar or Scovione said. Perhaps Sienar used an Obfuscation method to keep it from being predicted? I doubt he's that powerful, but who knows...

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2006 04:46 AM
General Zink is currently offline Click here to Send General Zink a Private Message Find more posts by General Zink Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Ok, time to blow the gaffe on the remaining quiz things here.

First of all, the Spiridos plotline...

... was based on the first 30 minutes of Thunderball. tpt was very close but chose the remake instead of the original.

The amusing thing being that Jazzman made a comment in thread about how a villain in a Bond film wouldn't stay to watch the hero's demise, unaware that he was in a Bond moment at that very point, though it was an exercise machine being used to try and kill Bond rather than a hockey match. However, Bond seduced the nurse in his version, giving him some style points. Bond was halfway through fighting his version of Varm before his version of Kathya did the job for him, but there was no question of that in our version, where such a personal hatred of Varm had emerged.

And indeed in Thunderball the villain did walk away... but in Moonraker, when a very similar thing happened, the villain stuck around. Just goes to show.

-

Ascar's character is based upon the bad guy in the Inspector Morse episode 'Masonic Mysteries'; a devastatingly intelligent and resourceful criminal who had some very odd ideas about the way that life worked, complete with the telebiogenesis idea of rebirth.

However, here is the kicker... the reason the actor was changed to Malcolm MacDowell is that the original actor... was Ian McDiarmid.

Yes indeed, the only reason not to use the original actor is if the original actor is already rather obviously in use! If Ascar looked exactly like Palpatine, people would raise eyebrows. As it is, Malcolm steps into the role admirably.

-

I guess you guys lost track of the original Union objective- yes, they were definitely trying to get data on Jedi fighting style,s to see how they performed agauinst droid armies (and Cannes personally wanted the data for use with his BV-50 project)...

... but if you cast your minds back, their main objective at the time was to beat the legal issue. Those court cases pending against the Federation, remember? They made the whole thing point to Carlan Ryamore- all the legal issuea and problems ranging from The Phantom Menace to Xeth's investigation into the missing droids.

With Carlan dead, the legal issue became stalled and remains so to this point in the story, and evidently (from the films) is in fact never successfully pursued.

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Mar 9th, 2006 at 04:26 PM

Old Post Mar 9th, 2006 02:39 PM
Jazzman_78
Jedi

Huh. Well, I guess I need to watch more james Bond. That was also before I understood how much you 'borrowed' from movie plots. Very cool though. And I didn't remember the thing about Moonraker, interesting.

'Jedi are at their best when things don't go as planned.' - Anakin Skywalker, whom we now know never met Andro Fenris.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2006 04:23 PM
Jazzman_78 is currently offline Click here to Send Jazzman_78 a Private Message Find more posts by Jazzman_78 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Captain REX
Like most villains in the RPG, thus far.

Broadly, indeedy so.

However, Sienar was also designed really with the fact that players have a tendency to put Dark Jedi into their backgrounds.

Often, the actions of these Dark Jedi are hard to reconcile with the surrounding Galaxy the game is set in; they seem to pursue very erratic and weird goals.

Sienar was designed as someone nutty/clever enough to fit into the most diverse of backgrounds. It's important that he couldn't be just 'another' Dark Jedi.

BtVS

Old Post Mar 9th, 2006 04:29 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Good Lord, it is a year since I posed- as a teaser- a question about what destroyed Matadan's reputation. I didn't imagine that a year later, people still wouldn't know!

BtVS

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2006 01:09 PM