KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Has any one got the New Ultimate Hand book yet ?

Has any one got the New Ultimate Hand book yet ?
Started by: Fishy 500

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Ultimate Thor has a 6 in durabilty not a 5 and strength he is a 6 also. A 7 in speed and a 4 in energy projection.

Colossus has a strength level of 6 but it says he can move a submarine that weighs thousands of tons.

As can Namor, who is also listed as Level 6 ! smile smile

Old Post Dec 30th, 2005 02:59 PM
R.O.T. Yahman is currently offline Click here to Send R.O.T. Yahman a Private Message Find more posts by R.O.T. Yahman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ultimate Thor has a 6 in durabilty not a 5 and strength he is a 6 also. A 7 in speed and a 4 in energy projection.

Colossus has a strength level of 6 but it says he can move a submarine that weighs thousands of tons.

This confirms my suspicions that Level 6 does not actually mean 75 - 100 tons !

She Hulk, Namor, Wonderman, Ultron, Thing, Ultimate Collosus, Iron Man, Atlas have alll shown they can lift in excess of over 100 tons and yet they are all listed as level 6. I think this gives more Support to the idea that we should ignore the Numerical values associated with the strength system!!!!!!!!!!!

Level 6 does not mean from 75 - 100 tons !

I my oppinion Level 6 now stand for :

The character has demonstrated strength in excess of 100 tons, but has shown measurable limits to their strength !

smile

Level 5 should be 25 - 100 tons

Old Post Dec 30th, 2005 03:25 PM
R.O.T. Yahman is currently offline Click here to Send R.O.T. Yahman a Private Message Find more posts by R.O.T. Yahman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

Originally posted by Fishy 500
As can Namor, who is also listed as Level 6 ! smile smile
True. But none of Namors bios say he can lift thousands of tons either.

"I am not afraid of the dark the dark's afraid of me"

Old Post Dec 30th, 2005 07:18 PM
snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

But comics do. smile

Old Post Dec 30th, 2005 07:22 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Meh! the handbook says Sasquatch can only lift 75 tons, but he has been shown to lift way more than that. Such as tossing a DC-10 [250 tons] 1000 feet, as well as lifting a Destroyer our of the water.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2005 07:38 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

Originally posted by DarkCrawler
But comics do. smile
Well Colossus has both. big grin

Old Post Dec 30th, 2005 07:38 PM
snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

That's why handbooks: no

Old Post Dec 30th, 2005 07:39 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
soujaboy09
Restricted

Account Restricted

What is Hulks best strength feat? because it seems's in the Ultimate Universe Hulk has not done anything comparable to Colossus, but they still have him ranked higher.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2005 12:44 AM
soujaboy09 is currently offline Click here to Send soujaboy09 a Private Message Find more posts by soujaboy09 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lucid Lui
Air Laki Laki

I'd say they've ranked him higher just because he is the Hulk. Strongest one there is. He hasn't done anything yet to match Colossus' feats, but he probably will eventually.

Or he might not. He seems more interested in eating people and uhh, satisfying himself will the local women.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Verily.
| www.lucidlui.com | Aquaman Respect Thread |

Old Post Dec 31st, 2005 12:51 AM
Lucid Lui is currently offline Click here to Send Lucid Lui a Private Message Find more posts by Lucid Lui Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

Originally posted by Lucid Lui
I'd say they've ranked him higher just because he is the Hulk. Strongest one there is. He hasn't done anything yet to match Colossus' feats, but he probably will eventually.

Or he might not. He seems more interested in eating people and uhh, satisfying himself will the local women.
I agree.

He's the Hulk so he has to be the strongest.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2005 01:07 AM
joesha28
Asgard's Advocate

Is Ult Thor really a god of thunder?

Old Post Jan 20th, 2006 05:55 AM
joesha28 is currently offline Click here to Send joesha28 a Private Message Find more posts by joesha28 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr.Biscuits

Originally posted by joesha28
Is Ult Thor really a god of thunder?

Well I guess so since Ultimate loki is gonna come out.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2006 06:20 AM
Mr.Biscuits is currently offline Click here to Send Mr.Biscuits a Private Message Find more posts by Mr.Biscuits Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

"Echo-II class submarines are 115.4 meters long and have 5,760 tonnes displacement submerged."

http://www.bellona.no/en/internatio...ning/25241.html

eek!

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Jan 20th, 2006 02:28 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

The Kursk was 155 metres long and had an 18,300 metric tonne displacement. I think when the hull is breached and a submarine takes on water it's mass is more than it's displacement (?) and deep sea pressure also increases the effective weight (?).

Old Post Jan 20th, 2006 02:57 PM
xmarksthespot is currently offline Click here to Send xmarksthespot a Private Message Find more posts by xmarksthespot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Ultimate Thor now has a character entry on the www.immortalthor.net
site, with stats.

ULTIMATE THOR

First Appearance: The Ultimates #4

Known Aliases: None
Identity: (Thor) publicly known; (Golmen) known to authorities
Citizenship: (Thor) Asgard; (Golmen) Norway
Place of Birth: (Thor) Asgard; (Golmen) Norway
Known Relatives: (Thor) Odin (father), Loki (half-brother); (Golmen) Gunnar Golmen (brother)
Group Affiliation: Formerly Ultimates
Education: Unrevealed

Height: 6'5"
Weight: 285 lbs
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Blond

Abilities & Accessories: Thor possesses immense superhuman strength, endurance, and resistance to injury. Much of his power seems to come from his belt, which is either powered by advanced technology or Norse iconography. His hammer, Mjolnir, enables him to fly, control storms, direct thunder and lighting, and teleport.

Intelligence: Normal
Strength: Superhuman (75-100 ton range)
Speed: Warp Speed (transcending light speed)
Durability: Superhuman
Energy Projection: Medium range, duration, single energy type
Fighting Skills: Experienced fighter

History: He claims he is the legendary Norse thunder deity Thor, sent to Earth by his father Odin. Official records say he is Thorlief Golmen, who stole his scientist brother Gunnar Golmen's super-soldier technology. Both accounts agree that he believed he was different from an early age, but only came to believe he was Thor after suffering a nervous breakdown just before turning 30, spending the next 18 months in an asylum. After discovering (or stealing, as the case may be) his powers, Thor began spreading his message of social change through lecture tours and books. He initially refused to join the Ultimates, but did help them subdue the monstrous Hulk after the U.S. President met Thor's demand of doubling the U.S.'s foreign aid budget. Thor began working with the Ultimates thereafter, forming a fast friendship with teammate Tony Stark (Iron Man). He helped the Ultimates in their attempt to recruit Hawk-Owl; though Thor declined fulltime Ultimates duty, he reliably aided the team against serious threats. He helped defeat the extraterrestrial Chitauri invasion force, and neutralized a Chitauri doomsday weapon which would have destroyed the solar system. After failing to prevent Magneto from breaching the SHIELD Triskelion, Thor battled X-Men members Storm and Colossus, finding the latter's strength matched his own. When Norman Osborn's "Six" attacked the White House, Thor defeated fellow lightning wielder Electro. He also helped the Ultimates and Fantastic Four gather information about the world destroyer Gah Lak Tus.

Thor met (or hallucinated) fellow Asgardian warrior Volstagg the Voluminous, who warned that Thor's evil half-brother Loki had escaped from the "room without doors," and that the Ultimates were pawns of the New World Order. Quitting the Ultimates in protest after they began operating uninvited in foreign countries, Thor was publicly accused by Captain America of leaking team secrets. Thor later intervened to protect protestors from police at an Italian demonstration against the European Defense Initiative's super-soldier program. Persuaded by Gunnar Golmen that Thor was simply a madman using stolen technology, the Ultimates and the E.D.I. hunted down Thor in Norway, attacking him despite his claims that Gunnar was actually Loki in disguise. Thor held his own until Quicksilver removed his belt, depriving him of his powers. Thor currently resides in a high-security cell in the Triskelion, where he is haunted by gloating visions of Gunnar/Loki warning of a traitor in the Ultimates' ranks.

Attachment: bio-ultimatethor.jpg
This has been downloaded 62 time(s).

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jan 20th, 2006 03:42 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

that's been there for a while... i used it in the tourney drafts (but he got banned sad )

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Jan 20th, 2006 04:06 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

I want to know how strong Ultimate Captain America is. He took the Hulk down with a few punches, and beat on Giant Man. Maybe the super-soldier serum gives him temporary access to great strength, when he concentrates.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jan 20th, 2006 04:29 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
soujaboy09
Restricted

Account Restricted

Don't think so, and I think Juggernaut has lv 7 in strength, has he shown limits to his strength.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2006 02:26 AM
soujaboy09 is currently offline Click here to Send soujaboy09 a Private Message Find more posts by soujaboy09 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Disappear

displacement really has more to do with the weight/volume ratio of water than it does with the weight of the displacing item. if a certain volume of water weighs 18,000 tons, and the submarine displaces that much, it only means that the submarine has that same volume, not that same weight. for example, a marble could displace a negligible amount of water from a glass, but still weigh several grams. a marshmallow, while much larger, could weigh the same amount as the marble, but displace a much larger volume of water.

saying they can lift a sub with a displacement of x amount of weight doesn't mean they can lift x amount of weight.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2006 06:13 AM
Disappear is currently offline Click here to Send Disappear a Private Message Find more posts by Disappear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
joesha28
Asgard's Advocate

What the hell are the Ultimates? all seem to be some super-soldier.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2006 01:39 AM
joesha28 is currently offline Click here to Send joesha28 a Private Message Find more posts by joesha28 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote