KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Has any one got the New Ultimate Hand book yet ?

Has any one got the New Ultimate Hand book yet ?
Started by: Fishy 500

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
soujaboy09
Restricted

Account Restricted

Lucid who is that in your avatar I thinks its Sinister, but im not sure?

Old Post Jan 30th, 2006 05:03 AM
soujaboy09 is currently offline Click here to Send soujaboy09 a Private Message Find more posts by soujaboy09 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lucid Lui
Air Laki Laki

It's Gladiator when he was possesed by the Uni-Power...

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Verily.
| www.lucidlui.com | Aquaman Respect Thread |

Old Post Jan 30th, 2006 05:11 AM
Lucid Lui is currently offline Click here to Send Lucid Lui a Private Message Find more posts by Lucid Lui Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
That was my idea!!! wink

The new A - Z supports the idea even more .... they haven't even put the values in the back of the book !!!!!!!!!!

They have gone a bit crazy with the values as well !! A lot of people who don't deserve it have been given 7 for durability, including Atlas who has deservedly been given a 7 for strength ! I cant understand why Atlas can be a 7 for durability when Count Nefaria is only a 6 !

Evidence to proof how shit the numerical values are :

Akethma Ultrons robot biatch has been given a level 5 for strength, meaning she bench presses between 25 and 75 tons.

And yet during the Ultron unlimited serries, she was able to pick up Vision with one hand, while he was in his ultra dense form and weighed over 90 tons. Note that Vision even stated he weighed this much during the same comic. Akethma then proceeded to throw Vision like a tennis ball, with enough force to flatten Thor. With this in mind it safe to say she can lift more than 75 tons !

New Numerical System employed by Marvel, according to Yahman

Level 5 : Able to lift between 25 and 100 tons

Level 6 : Have shown strength on par/and beyond modern day lifting devices, but have also shown limits to strength (This covers all, including Namor and Ultimate Colossus both of whom can lift over a 1000 tons)

Level 7 : Have yet to shown defined limits to strength, therefore can conceivably be as strong as the character 'needs to be'. Many can amplify strength with a near limitless energy source.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2006 02:35 PM
R.O.T. Yahman is currently offline Click here to Send R.O.T. Yahman a Private Message Find more posts by R.O.T. Yahman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Originally posted by Lucid Lui
It's Gladiator when he was possesed by the Uni-Power...

I thought it was Dr. Strange. embarrasment

Old Post Jan 30th, 2006 02:40 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Originally posted by R.O.T. Yahman
The new A - Z supports the idea even more .... they haven't even put the values in the back of the book !!!!!!!!!!

They have gone a bit crazy with the values as well !! A lot of people who don't deserve it have been given 7 for durability, including Atlas who has deservedly been given a 7 for strength ! I cant understand why Atlas can be a 7 for durability when Count Nefaria is only a 6 !

Evidence to proof how shit the numerical values are :

Akethma Ultrons robot biatch has been given a level 5 for strength, meaning she bench presses between 25 and 75 tons.

And yet during the Ultron unlimited serries, she was able to pick up Vision with one hand, while he was in his ultra dense form and weighed over 90 tons. Note that Vision even stated he weighed this much during the same comic. Akethma then proceeded to throw Vision like a tennis ball, with enough force to flatten Thor. With this in mind it safe to say she can lift more than 75 tons !

New Numerical System employed by Marvel, according to Yahman

Level 5 : Able to lift between 25 and 100 tons

Level 6 : Have shown strength on par/and beyond modern day lifting devices, but have also shown limits to strength (This covers all, including Namor and Ultimate Colossus both of whom can lift over a 1000 tons)

Level 7 : Have yet to shown defined limits to strength, therefore can conceivably be as strong as the character 'needs to be'. Many can amplify strength with a near limitless energy source.

Thats much better and seems more in linewith what Marvel are doing with their handbooks right now. Your last system was so damn convoluted. wink

Old Post Jan 30th, 2006 03:22 PM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

I cant wait for the Ultimate version of Phoenix to make a proper appearance wink

Old Post Jan 30th, 2006 03:25 PM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lucid Lui
Air Laki Laki

Originally posted by DarkCrawler
I thought it was Dr. Strange. embarrasment
Well... I have absolutely no idea how you came to that conclusion. confused

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Verily.
| www.lucidlui.com | Aquaman Respect Thread |

Old Post Jan 30th, 2006 03:34 PM
Lucid Lui is currently offline Click here to Send Lucid Lui a Private Message Find more posts by Lucid Lui Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Account Restricted

I cant wait for the Ultimate version of Phoenix to make a proper appearance wink

She's seems to be the only Ultimate character who isn't in twined with science of some sort. I.e. she seems more godlike than either Gah lak tus, and the asgardian patheon. X-men is still a pretty good read, i just wish the art would improve ! The last arc involving magneto was very cool ! smile

Old Post Jan 30th, 2006 03:39 PM
R.O.T. Yahman is currently offline Click here to Send R.O.T. Yahman a Private Message Find more posts by R.O.T. Yahman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thats much better and seems more in linewith what Marvel are doing with their handbooks right now. Your last system was so damn convoluted. wink

Thats a bloody good word for it .... i had no idea what it meant until i looked it up .... yes the last system was very 'convoluted'. The barriers between each level where ambiguous to say the least

This system gives you a far better guide to how much they can lift.

Modernage machinery can lift Kilo tons of mass, and many of the level 6 characters have shown they can lift such weights.

Also this system allows for the fluctuations in strength of the level 7 characters, who rarely ever show consistent limitations. Most of them are usually illustrated around the 100 ton mark, and yet on bizarre ocassions they have shown they can lift ridiculuosly heavy objects.

This aplies to D.C. aswell, e.g. Superman rarely ever shows planet moving strength when he is fighting others. People would be regularly travelling to DISTANT planets in the solar sytem, and entire cities would be flattened under immens shock waves if Superman Hulk and Wonderwoman FOUGHT at the same strength, at which they could LIFT.

As the system clearly states, these characters can be as strong as 'they need to be'

smile

Last edited by R.O.T. Yahman on Jan 30th, 2006 at 03:55 PM

Old Post Jan 30th, 2006 03:52 PM
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

She's seems to be the only Ultimate character who isn't in twined with science of some sort. I.e. she seems more godlike than either Gah lak tus, and the asgardian patheon. X-men is still a pretty good read, i just wish the art would improve ! The last arc involving magneto was very cool ! smile

Indeed:

(please log in to view the image)

Theres the Big Bang link and its the most powerful force in the Ultimate universe wink

Old Post Jan 30th, 2006 06:32 PM
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Account Restricted

Indeed:

Theres the Big Bang link and its the most powerful force in the Ultimate universe wink

I have a sneaky suspicion that phoenix may have a role to play in Ultimate exstinction. How else are they suppose to beat Galactus, I hope they don't have Jonny getting the 'Ultimate ' Nulifier sick. I don think the Surfers going to save the day either, he was put down by a hail of bullets. smile

Old Post Jan 30th, 2006 07:22 PM
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

I have a sneaky suspicion that phoenix may have a role to play in Ultimate exstinction. How else are they suppose to beat Galactus, I hope they don't have Jonny getting the 'Ultimate ' Nulifier sick. I don think the Surfers going to save the day either, he was put down by a hail of bullets. smile

That would be the best thing ever!! For once Yahman im really hoping youre right lol. big grin

Old Post Jan 30th, 2006 07:27 PM
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Account Restricted

That would be the best thing ever!! For once Yahman im really hoping youre right lol. big grin

It makes a lot of sense ... I know Xavier is going to contact 'Gah Lak Tus' (mann i hate writing his name out like that ! ) and he's going to be as sucessful as he was in the Secret Wars. I would make sense phoenix saving the day, as she done little to nothing so far except stop that nuclear disaster. The Ultimate range is such a good idea, they have a lot of creativity at their disposal and they can prevent making the mistakes of the old comics.

I looked forward to a seeing several Ultimate Characters, namely :

Sentry (I'd have him like Supreme Power Hyperion)
Cage
Cable (eventually)
Taskmaster
Ultron
Apocalypse (Actually doing something)
Wendigo
Other Gods
And Of course THANOS !!!!!!!!!!

Old Post Jan 30th, 2006 07:37 PM