KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » Respect Quicksilver

Respect Quicksilver
Started by: Hit and Run

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Accel

Acting as a distraction during a fight between the Avengers and the Exemplars and allowing his teammates to get some good hits in:
http://img319.imageshack.us/my.php?...mplars1g7kl.jpg

Old Post Jan 17th, 2006 10:06 PM
Accel is currently offline Click here to Send Accel a Private Message Find more posts by Accel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black Adam
Badass from Kahndaq

seen previews for Son Of M 3

apperantly

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Looks like they have turned pietro into Zoom. His powers are time base and that was his future self from 15 days in the future. He can only go foward in time

sig by willRules

Old Post Jan 18th, 2006 03:31 AM
Black Adam is currently offline Click here to Send Black Adam a Private Message Find more posts by Black Adam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Accel

Yeah, here's the link to the preview:
http://www.newsarama.com/marvelnew/...views/02_08.htm

Old Post Jan 18th, 2006 08:02 PM
Accel is currently offline Click here to Send Accel a Private Message Find more posts by Accel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Disappear

**** you, hine. seriously. **** you.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2006 10:03 PM
Disappear is currently offline Click here to Send Disappear a Private Message Find more posts by Disappear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

blink

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Jan 18th, 2006 10:04 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

any scans with him and crystal fighting others?

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Jan 21st, 2006 12:45 AM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black Adam
Badass from Kahndaq

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Disappear
**** you, hine. seriously. **** you.

Don't like the zoom thing huh?

I just wanted them to increase his speed and keep it at those levels. Mach 25-30 at least.

sig by willRules

Old Post Jan 21st, 2006 12:55 AM
Black Adam is currently offline Click here to Send Black Adam a Private Message Find more posts by Black Adam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Disappear

it's the stupidest idea i've ever read, pretty much. "they restored our powers, but in another way. time travel." whoop dee ****in' doo. not only is that the worst way to reveal something like that, in such a poor-looking panel with crappy dialogue and no build up, but it's a stupid ****in' power. time travel? only travel forward? is he a reverse flashback now? it's just completely out of left field, and on top of a shitty mini-series, quicksilver's gonna be fundamentally changed for the rest of history until someone (hine included) decides to scrap the idea.

vibrating through time? keep that shit out of my marvel universe.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2006 01:25 AM
Disappear is currently offline Click here to Send Disappear a Private Message Find more posts by Disappear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black Adam
Badass from Kahndaq

Originally posted by Disappear
it's the stupidest idea i've ever read, pretty much. "they restored our powers, but in another way. time travel." whoop dee ****in' doo. not only is that the worst way to reveal something like that, in such a poor-looking panel with crappy dialogue and no build up, but it's a stupid ****in' power. time travel? only travel forward? is he a reverse flashback now? it's just completely out of left field, and on top of a shitty mini-series, quicksilver's gonna be fundamentally changed for the rest of history until someone (hine included) decides to scrap the idea.

vibrating through time? keep that shit out of my marvel universe.

Thats how i feel.

What wrong with just making him faster? What was his top speed anyway after he got that isotope upgrade? was it any were near Mach 30? Is there any normal non cosmic hero that can go that fast?

sig by willRules

Old Post Jan 21st, 2006 01:39 AM
-K-M-

Originally posted by Jose123
Thats how i feel.

What wrong with just making him faster? What was his top speed anyway after he got that isotope upgrade? was it any were near Mach 30? Is there any normal non cosmic hero that can go that fast?

I'm with Disappear I think this is a dumb idea. Also I think Quicksiler with the Isotope could go mach 10. Here are some people who have been shown to go escape velocity [mach 32.7+]: Northstar, Guardian I & II, Wonder Man, Iron Man, etc.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2006 01:42 AM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Disappear

with the isotope, pietro was running and reacting faster than the speed of thought, getting miles away from exodus before he could unleash a "blanket" psionic attack. that's really ****in' fast, though his powers decreased to a certain degree after his initial exposure. he was functioning just over mach 4.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2006 01:55 AM
Black Adam
Badass from Kahndaq

Originally posted by King_Mungi
I'm with Disappear I think this is a dumb idea. Also I think Quicksiler with the Isotope could go mach 10. Here are some people who have been shown to go escape velocity [mach 32.7+]: Northstar, Guardian I & II, Wonder Man, Iron Man, etc.

i sort of meant by just running. i know Northstar and the like could do it.

But i meant on foot. there not right?

Mach 30-35 would have been great speed. Not lightspeed fast but still fast. Fast enough that he wouldn't be called slowsilver or that crappy game where people name things faster then him. Don't know if there has ever been such things here but I have seen it at other comic boards.

How many things on this earth can go Mach 30?

sig by willRules

Old Post Jan 21st, 2006 01:55 AM
-K-M-

i sort of meant by just running. i know Northstar and the like could do it.

But i meant on foot. there not right?

Mach 30-35 would have been great speed. Not lightspeed fast but still fast. Fast enough that he wouldn't be called slowsilver or that crappy game where people name things faster then him. Don't know if there has ever been such things here but I have seen it at other comic boards.

How many things on this earth can go Mach 30?

The fastest I saw Northstar on foot was mach 18.7 [wasn't pushing himself either], the others fly that fast. Aurora has gotten her potential back, so what Northstar can do she can as well.

Yeah, I like Quicksilver I would like him to be one of the top speedsters. However, it really is hard writting someone be able to go that fast, they tend to have to job a lot.

Flying or running?

Old Post Jan 21st, 2006 02:14 AM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arahan
Silver Guy

poor pietro

Old Post Jan 21st, 2006 02:14 AM
Arahan is currently offline Click here to Send Arahan a Private Message Find more posts by Arahan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black Adam
Badass from Kahndaq

The fastest I saw Northstar on foot was mach 18.7 [wasn't pushing himself either], the others fly that fast. Aurora has gotten her potential back, so what Northstar can do she can as well.

Yeah, I like Quicksilver I would like him to be one of the top speedsters. However, it really is hard writting someone be able to go that fast, they tend to have to job a lot.

Flying or running?

Anything.

i don't care as long as it goes Mach 30. so i'm guessing space ship right?

anything else?

sig by willRules

Old Post Jan 21st, 2006 02:49 AM
-K-M-

Anything.

i don't care as long as it goes Mach 30. so i'm guessing space ship right?

anything else?

Madison Jeffries made a spaceship that would have traveled faster than that. Captain Marvel [female] could travel at light speed. There are many things/people on Earth that go faster than mach 30.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2006 02:52 AM
Black Adam
Badass from Kahndaq

Madison Jeffries made a spaceship that would have traveled faster than that. Captain Marvel [female] could travel at light speed. There are many things/people on Earth that go faster than mach 30.

I kinda meant just vehicles. I know a lot of heroes can do that..

sig by willRules

Old Post Jan 21st, 2006 02:58 AM
-K-M-

I kinda meant just vehicles. I know a lot of heroes can do that..

Hmmm...vechiles eh? good question, the Blackbird did some space travel so it would have to be above mach 30. Maybe the Avengers quinjet as well. I have to think more about this.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2006 03:00 AM
Disappear

the quinjet was designed to hit mach 4 within our atmosphere. that's the reference point for knowing quicksilver's former functional speed, as it was said he made the trip to and from america in less time than it would've taken the quinjet (which can travel at mach 4.) if it's ever reached escape velocity, i suppose it can be put in the same pile as hulk jumping into orbit.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2006 05:53 AM
Accel

From JLA/Avengers, Quicksilver ties up Plastic Man:

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jan 25th, 2006 01:53 AM