KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Maul vs. Bastila

Maul vs. Bastila
Started by: Master Vos

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lightsnake
1. No, Andeddu was dressed in Ancient Sith gear. And entombed on Korriban. And had a Holocron of Ancient Sith design

Sith after the Ancients wore that same armor. Not conclusive.

2. Bastila also lost that fight with Malak pitifully. And Maul literally waltzed into Black Sun's fortress and slaughtered all of them head on.

You saw the fight? Wow, I thought it wasn't shown. You must be a freakin genius or something to have formulated exactly what happened.

Let me put it another way. Malak stated that Bastila was more powerful then Darth Bandon. Darth Bandon was chosen over hundreds of Jedi Masters to be Malak's apprentice.

The Ewoks took on the Elite Stormtroopers even when they had their AT-ST.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2006 04:09 AM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lightsnake

1. Bane. Kun. Revan. Malak. Sion, Nihilius, Traya... The Dark Underlord. Kaan. Zannah. Fin. Millenial, Vader, Sidious, Maul, dooku....nope, not a single won wore that armor or the style of the Ancients....name a single Sith who wore that style afterwords. Please name one. Who had a Holocron. And was entombed on Korriban-only Palpatine was even OFFERED the honor.

2. Wow, he only see Malak having bested her without any sort of injury on his person...I'd call that fight a miserable failure on Bastila's part...and did the Ewoks walk into the center of those Empire's best or did they use guerilla warfare? Malak waltzed into their fortress-alone, not an army-ignited his saber and killed them all. Alone.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2006 04:13 AM
Click here to Send Lightsnake a Private Message Find more posts by Lightsnake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soren the Mage
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Ianus
Ah, first off... Battle meditation IS meditation. It requires her sitting down and using her powers. Maul would WTFpwn her in that case.

Second, I like how Kreia's a shakey source when it comes to history of the Sith (Which WAS her specialty) but Han Solo is the qualified expert on the number of star systems, or Jaina is the qualified expert on Luke's fighting style, or another just as shakey source is embraced with open arms here.

I didn't see my Character sitting down on KOTOR II When I used it.

If Bastila was one on one with Maul, she wouldn't need to sit down.

She sat down in that one part because she was influencing THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS of Republic Soldiers and Sith Troopers.

An Ancient Prophecy . . . The deity shall walk forth . . .

Old Post Jan 5th, 2006 04:16 AM
Click here to Send Soren the Mage a Private Message Find more posts by Soren the Mage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lightsnake

Use it when you aid the Onderonians or Vaklu...the Exile sits and concentrates rather hard. And once more: Battle MEDITAITON would do nothing to help. If she stopped to concentrate-and this technique requires it-Maul'd kill her on the spot

Old Post Jan 5th, 2006 04:18 AM
Click here to Send Lightsnake a Private Message Find more posts by Lightsnake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

1. Bane. Kun. Revan. Malak. Sion, Nihilius, Traya... The Dark Underlord. Kaan. Zannah. Fin. Millenial, Vader, Sidious, Maul, dooku....nope, not a single won wore that armor or the style of the Ancients....name a single Sith who wore that style afterwords. Please name one. Who had a Holocron. And was entombed on Korriban-only Palpatine was even OFFERED the honor. [/QUOTE

Nadd had similar armor, but he wasn't and Ancient. They don't have to have been a Sith to have even have been buried on Korriban. Ajunta Pall was just a pimped out Dark Jedi.

Note that his name is Darth. No one prior to Bane(Revan, Malak, and Bandon are an EU inconsistency in this reguard) used the term.

[QUOTE=5704661]Originally posted by Lightsnake
2. Wow, he only see Malak having bested her without any sort of injury on his person...I'd call that fight a miserable failure on Bastila's part...and did the Ewoks walk into the center of those Empire's best or did they use guerilla warfare? Malak waltzed into their fortress-alone, not an army-ignited his saber and killed them all. Alone.

How is killing Stormtroopers going to help Maul in a fight with another lightsaber user though?

Old Post Jan 5th, 2006 04:21 AM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

Sorgo, it won't matter because the main benefit from battle meditation is increased coordination between people, which won't work with just one person.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2006 04:22 AM
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

No, it won't. And Bastila is not better than Bandon, for reasons I've already addressed.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2006 04:23 AM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soren the Mage
Restricted

Account Restricted

Gladly, Sorgo:

1. Bane's doctrine decreed that the Sith passed on everything they knew. Palpatine's feats-even in his ROTS state-were nothing short of incredible. Palpatine had access to the Holocron Darth Andeddu-one of the Ancients, apparently...Sidious, monster that he is, even before DE, could be an anomaly, but considering how the Sith were getting progessively stronger-that's from the ROTS novelization and Dark Rendevous and evolving...Plus, Bane's sheer hatred made manifest in a ritual turned a jungle world into a desert...and Zannah was even stronger than him

I had a feeling you would mention Sidious here.

Why is it you talk of Sidious so?

Hold on.... ROTS Novelisation you say? Is this the same novelisation where Kit Fisto gets his head cut off and placed on a desk? That didn't happen on the movie. I discard the ROTS Novelisation as shit.

Bane brought back the Sith. That doesn't mean he brought them back tenfold stronger. There is just no proof of it.

Bane was also an Old Sith Lord.

2. Maul slaughtered a fortress worth of Black Sun's best, along with a Nightsister. He's also killed Jedi and he's done so very well.

LOL! Quinlan Vos slaughtered an entire group of Nightsisters when he was a Knight.

3. The entire point of Battle MEditation is it's meditation which requires concentration to help your own side....try it in a mano a mano duel, your head will fly off your shoulders...or Maul'd die laughing.

Have you played KOTOR II and have you tried Battle Meditation while playing it when one on one against someone? I don't see much laughing when *I* did it.

As for Revan/Bastila, I was more referring to when Bastila was Jedi, not Sith

Old Post Jan 5th, 2006 04:57 AM
Click here to Send Soren the Mage a Private Message Find more posts by Soren the Mage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soren the Mage
Restricted

Account Restricted

Use it when you aid the Onderonians or Vaklu...the Exile sits and concentrates rather hard. And once more: Battle MEDITAITON would do nothing to help. If she stopped to concentrate-and this technique requires it-Maul'd kill her on the spot

You're wrong. Whenever my character got into a one on one, his battle Meditation worked at the snap of a finger.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2006 04:58 AM
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Sorgo, that's a game play mechanic. When in story mode battle meditation is used (Such as on Onderon or Bastila on the Star Forge) one sits and meditates.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2006 05:01 AM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soren the Mage
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Ianus
Sorgo, that's a game play mechanic. When in story mode battle meditation is used (Such as on Onderon or Bastila on the Star Forge) one sits and meditates.

What I am saying is that it takes time when there is a number of people. When there is not, It doesn't take that long at all. Especially a one on one.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2006 05:27 AM
NinthCorona

Originally posted by Captain REX
Why are we reporting him? I find it pathetic that people even bother to try with the search engine and ***** and moan about threads being remade when no one really cares in the first place.
laughing

Originally posted by ArthasKnight
Reported. Watch your language pal, fast track to getting banned.

Anyway, I think Maul would win. Yes, he lost to a Padawan but come on, Obi-Wan's not your average Jedi. He's superior, at least IMHO. Maul defeated Qui-Gon Jinn, a damn good Jedi Master and swordsman, and he was handpicked by Sidious himself to be a Sith apprentice which has to say something about his abilities. Maul's strong with the dark side, I think he could take Bastila in a battle with restricted Force powers.
What the f**k?

Originally posted by Captain REX
Why are we reporting him? I find it pathetic that people even bother to try with the search engine and ***** and moan about threads being remade when no one really cares in the first place.

Denial isn't just a river in Egypt.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2006 05:29 AM
Click here to Send NinthCorona a Private Message Find more posts by NinthCorona Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_God
LOOK AT SIG.

Ah hell, Ianus has returned...But hey at least I made into Noob General.

DID NOT POST KITTY THREAD...

Old Post Jan 5th, 2006 06:22 AM
Click here to Send The_God a Private Message Find more posts by The_God Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soren the Mage
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by General Envy
Ah hell, Ianus has returned...But hey at least I made into Noob General.

What? What nonsense has happened since we have been gone?

Old Post Jan 5th, 2006 06:29 AM
The_God
LOOK AT SIG.

Originally posted by Sorgo
What? What nonsense has happened since we have been gone?

Heard of vandalism? I did Noobism! I've been a n00b and your's hate list, been here for a year. Making me a n00b General.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2006 06:37 AM
Click here to Send The_God a Private Message Find more posts by The_God Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soren the Mage
Restricted

Account Restricted

Dude....

Old Post Jan 5th, 2006 08:22 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

What's Krueger saying?

Old Post Jan 5th, 2006 09:27 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Council#13
The Omega Male

Whats a prick?
Anyway, difficult battle, and im not so sure who would win...

"Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one." -Dr. Seuss

Old Post Jan 5th, 2006 10:31 AM
Click here to Send Council#13 a Private Message Find more posts by Council#13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Swirly Girl
Antediluvian

"You are more powerful than Bandon." ~ Malak

I think Bandon could dice Maul up. So, logically, Bastila can too.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2006 01:11 PM
Click here to Send Swirly Girl a Private Message Find more posts by Swirly Girl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Council#13
The Omega Male

Wats a prick? am i a prick? I NEED TO KNOW!!!

"Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one." -Dr. Seuss

Old Post Jan 5th, 2006 01:15 PM
Click here to Send Council#13 a Private Message Find more posts by Council#13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote