KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Trivia » BTTF: Question me

BTTF: Question me
Started by: steverules

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SpyCspider

^ahhaah sorry Kenobi

but at least I wasn't the only one who caught the error in one of the very first questions... cool 's all good

I think the dog probably existed before Einstein became an everyday name. Einstein died in 1955, so perhaps Doc wanted a dog in his memory.

Last edited by SpyCspider on Jan 9th, 2006 at 05:32 PM

Old Post Jan 9th, 2006 05:29 PM
SpyCspider is currently offline Click here to Send SpyCspider a Private Message Find more posts by SpyCspider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bloodboy
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well I thought that when Doc called the dog spartacus/copernicus. He was just accidently getting the name wrong because in bttf1 Doc does not have a dog at all. And I am pretty sure it was Spartucus. But I've also heard Copernicus sometime before

Old Post Jan 9th, 2006 05:57 PM
bloodboy is currently offline Click here to Send bloodboy a Private Message Find more posts by bloodboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpyCspider

quote: (post)
Originally posted by bloodboys2blueb
He was just accidently getting the name wrong because in bttf1 Doc does not have a dog at all.

In Bttf1 Doc does not have a dog at all???
What happened at the Mall scene when they were trying out the Delorean for the first time? "Einy" was the first one to try it and be "the world's first time traveler!"

Did we watch the same movie?

But if you meant Doc doesn't have Copernicus at all in BFFT1, then yes, you're right. Cuz Copernicus would have been DEAD, by then. 30 year old dog is highly unlikely.

And sorry, it's always been Copernicus.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2006 06:33 PM
SpyCspider is currently offline Click here to Send SpyCspider a Private Message Find more posts by SpyCspider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules
The doctor

I am pretty sure he was called spartucus. I'll have to check sometime when I get around to watching the movies again.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2006 06:41 PM
steverules is currently offline Click here to Send steverules a Private Message Find more posts by steverules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bloodboy
Restricted

Account Restricted

HaHa. My mistake on the no dog at all in bttf1(not BFFT1). But copernicus of course did not live 30 years but then why did 1885 Doc tell 1955 Doc to look after Einstein. Also how is there a dog in 1955 if Einstein is left in alternative 1985 and Marty goes back on the exact date when he goes back to 1985(from bttf1 also when Doc has no dog called copernicus/spartucus).

Old Post Jan 9th, 2006 07:03 PM
bloodboy is currently offline Click here to Send bloodboy a Private Message Find more posts by bloodboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpyCspider

I'm not quite understanding your question.....but here goes:

Of course 1955 Doc had no idea who Einstein is....he hasn't gotten him yet. Chances are Einstein wasn't even born yet. That's why he asked "Who's Einstein?" and Marty had to tell him.

Originally posted by bloodboys2blueb
But copernicus of course did not live 30 years but then why did 1885 Doc tell 1955 Doc to look after Einstein.

1885 Doc told MARTY, not 1955 Doc to look after Einstein. 1955 Doc was just reading the letter..it wasn't directed towards him.

As for Einstein still being there in 1985, that didn't make sense to me either...and neither did Jennifer still being asleep on the porch. You can just assume when they changed the timeline back to its "corrected" state, the characters just end up being where they were left off from the future, although technically, any small change in the past can alter future events. Just like how Marty's house, his gf, etc never moved in 1985 after he changed events in 1955.

They really had potential to f*ck up history and after all his lecturing, what does Doc do? Builds himself a friggin time-traveling locomotive so he can mess around with time again. Sheesh.

Last edited by SpyCspider on Jan 9th, 2006 at 07:16 PM

Old Post Jan 9th, 2006 07:13 PM
bloodboy
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oh yeah you are right about the letter being directed to Marty, my mistake again. But since we don't know where the 1955 dog came from I am going to go with this opinion:
Maybe before Doc told Marty to meet him on the roof. Doc went back to 1985(alternative) and got Einstein because he was still worried about him even after everything he said to Marty. And then he must have taken Einy to Doc's 1955 home and( because at the sart of bttf3, Einy is on the floor of the house)Doc accidently is sent to 1885

Old Post Jan 9th, 2006 07:24 PM
SpyCspider

no no ...Copernicus and Einstein are 2 different dogs. Einstein looks older, shaggier, and bigger. Copernicus if I remember correctly is thinner and less hairy. 1955 Doc probably just has a dog named Copernicus, who died. Later on, he got a dog named Einstein.

If I were 1955 Doc, why would I accept some random strange dog to my home?.....especially since I'm preoccupied with getting Marty back to the future.

Here, I'll paste the info for those who can't be bothered to read the link I've posted earlier: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doc_Brown

"He usually has a pet dog–in 1955, his pet was named Copernicus after Nicolaus Copernicus, and by 1985 he had a dog named Einstein after Albert Einstein. Doc's role models are scientists, as evidenced by the names of his dogs."

Last edited by SpyCspider on Jan 9th, 2006 at 07:35 PM

Old Post Jan 9th, 2006 07:27 PM
bloodboy
Restricted

Account Restricted

Im watchin bttf3 whilst writing this and Doc calls the 1955 dog "Copernicus"(dash)

Old Post Jan 9th, 2006 07:36 PM
SpyCspider

ya, when Copernicus whines...doc goes "it's alright Copernicus"

and later on Copernicus stands on 1885 Doc's grave...hahaha laughing

Old Post Jan 9th, 2006 07:37 PM
bloodboy
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ah but then Doc calls the dog "Barnicus" and Marty follows on(im still watchin bttf3)

Old Post Jan 9th, 2006 07:40 PM
SpyCspider

it's just bad pronounciation..especially with Doc's accent.

like saying coPERNICUS! sounds like "Barnicus!"

Old Post Jan 9th, 2006 07:43 PM
bloodboy
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ok so I admit that I was wrong and you were right(spyCspider)

Old Post Jan 9th, 2006 07:43 PM
bloodboy
Restricted

Account Restricted

Woh this is confusing with both of us on at the same time

Old Post Jan 9th, 2006 07:44 PM
SpyCspider

hahahah yea, and I think MOds are gonna be mad at us for posting so often such short lines. I apologize and will refrain from now on.

In any case, I love BTTF series..they're one of my favorites and I used to analyze them to death. smile

Old Post Jan 9th, 2006 07:46 PM
bloodboy
Restricted

Account Restricted

OKAY NOW i GOT HOMEWORK SO SIYA

Old Post Jan 9th, 2006 07:48 PM
bloodboy
Restricted

Account Restricted

Maybe thre is only one dog but two doggie actors

Old Post Jan 9th, 2006 09:43 PM
bloodboy
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by steverules
Well if he says he's gonna give himself 10 mins but he actually gives himself 11 mins............!?! Confusion here.
Uhm, where is it filmed? Uhm hmmmmmmm, is it mentioned anywhere where it is filmed? I have no idea where is it filmed?

It is mentioned on one of the bonuses on the dvds

Old Post Jan 10th, 2006 05:17 PM
steverules
The doctor

Well I'm guessing that will be 3 then.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2006 07:14 PM
steverules is currently offline Click here to Send steverules a Private Message Find more posts by steverules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bloodboy
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by steverules
Well I'm guessing that will be 3 then.

or the special features dvd

Old Post Jan 10th, 2006 07:18 PM