KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » James Bond Series » Worst bond film (again)

Worst bond film (again)
Started by: Johnnyboy666

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
silver_tears

Have you even done one? stick out tongue

Old Post Jan 6th, 2006 09:57 PM
silver_tears is currently offline Click here to Send silver_tears a Private Message Find more posts by silver_tears Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

I have to say, he got restrained by the director in this movie

I mean, I absolutely hated that when his wife died he didn't even cry, turns out he did it the first time but the director orded him to not do that since "bond doesn't cry"

Old Post Jan 6th, 2006 10:13 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Johnnyboy666

Lazenby was going to do other Bond films but because OHMSS was soo successful but because of this Lazenby demanded loads of money and people decided he demanded too much. So he was caned for financial reasons. It wasn't his performance that was the deciding factor. Bosses wanted to keep him.And as for DaD there is no doubt that the gadgets are there but they don't add anything to the poor film. They were there for the sake of being there.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2006 01:41 PM
Johnnyboy666 is currently offline Click here to Send Johnnyboy666 a Private Message Find more posts by Johnnyboy666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hit_and_Miss
I wonder....

lol.... Lazenbys Own words..."Biggest mistake of my life" when he turned down a 7 movie deal....

"Lazenby is the second official actor to portray the British secret agent. It was rumoured that Lazenby had been "difficult to work with" in this project. According to Lazenby, however, the difficulties were caused by director Peter R. Hunt, who apparently refused to talk directly to him—and this in turn was caused by Lazenby (unaware of studio politics or Hunt's sensibilities) passing on a request for Hunt's friends to clear a set before filming."

Lazy showing is umprofessional side....
The man was great in Emmanuelle... But bond??? nope, he just plain stinked..

By Barker
"There can be only none..."

Old Post Jan 7th, 2006 02:08 PM
Hit_and_Miss is currently offline Click here to Send Hit_and_Miss a Private Message Find more posts by Hit_and_Miss Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Johnnyboy666

This was Lazenby's first acting role so cut him a little slack, your quote doesn't really suggest unproffesionalism at all, and surely the quotes you have found suggest that people wanted lazenby but he turned them down? So he was so bad that he was offered a massive contract?

Old Post Jan 7th, 2006 02:16 PM
Johnnyboy666 is currently offline Click here to Send Johnnyboy666 a Private Message Find more posts by Johnnyboy666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Johnnyboy666

Also if I am not mistaken Lazenby did many of the stunts in the film himself. Shows some dedication if you ask me. Bottom line is he did a good job and most people seem to think so. It seems him demanding too much money is incorrect and I do apologise but still he turned down a massive contract. If he was as bad as you say why would he be offered this contract?

Old Post Jan 7th, 2006 02:19 PM
Hit_and_Miss
I wonder....

I think they offered him before he filmed...

Look at the movies he did afterwards!.... Nothing....

By Barker

Old Post Jan 7th, 2006 03:21 PM
Hit_and_Miss is currently offline Click here to Send Hit_and_Miss a Private Message Find more posts by Hit_and_Miss Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

errrr... THEY offered HIM a 7-movies-contract, but HE refused since he thought Bond couldn't get through an age associated with Woodstock.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2006 03:27 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hit_and_Miss
I wonder....

yes... I admit.. they offered him 7 movies... But look how talented an actor he was... He did jack shit after bond!!!

By Barker

Old Post Jan 7th, 2006 03:36 PM
yerssot

I actually wanted to point out that it wasn't due to financial reasons he called it a day

Old Post Jan 7th, 2006 06:58 PM
Johnnyboy666

Well can we all agree at least that DaD was by far the worst bond film so far?

Old Post Jan 7th, 2006 10:38 PM
Eis
androgynous mind

Moonraker!

Old Post Jan 7th, 2006 11:04 PM
Eis is currently offline Click here to Send Eis a Private Message Find more posts by Eis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Johnnyboy666
Well can we all agree at least that DaD was by far the worst bond film so far?

->
Originally posted by Eis
Moonraker!

nope, I vote Moonraker too stick out tongue

Old Post Jan 8th, 2006 07:54 PM
Mr Parker

Originally posted by Hit_and_Miss
lol.... Lazenbys Own words..."Biggest mistake of my life" when he turned down a 7 movie deal....

"Lazenby is the second official actor to portray the British secret agent. It was rumoured that Lazenby had been "difficult to work with" in this project. According to Lazenby, however, the difficulties were caused by director Peter R. Hunt, who apparently refused to talk directly to him—and this in turn was caused by Lazenby (unaware of studio politics or Hunt's sensibilities) passing on a request for Hunt's friends to clear a set before filming."

Lazy showing is umprofessional side....
The man was great in Emmanuelle... But bond??? nope, he just plain stinked..

He sure did stink. as I have said before,he was the one actor who's acting was worse than Brosnan's as Bond.Also contrary to what that one poster said earlier,he wasnt regarded by most as a good Bond.Matter of fact I have a bond book that was published after octopussy was released that reviews all the bond movies and they said in that book that most movie goers back then hated his performance as Bond.They were saying with his acting,people could not feel for him when he started weeping over his wife getting killed.That had it been Connery in that role,Bond fans would have wept in the theaters over that scene.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2006 09:09 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Penfold2006
On a Slippery Slope

Any of the Bond movies after The Spy Who Loved are all rubbish. Pierce is a good actor but his Bond films have been the most ridiculous. Die Another Day was one big cliche from start to finsh and how the invisible car got beyond the script stage amazes me.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2006 02:30 PM
Penfold2006 is currently offline Click here to Send Penfold2006 a Private Message Find more posts by Penfold2006 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Etrigan
?

Die Another Day was so unrealistic Bond. It just didn't suit the Bond style at all. More sci-fi crap.

It sucked incredibly badly. What the hell was up with that music?

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2006 06:24 PM
Etrigan is currently offline Click here to Send Etrigan a Private Message Find more posts by Etrigan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
general-pain

Diamonds are Forever.

Talk about boredom.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2006 01:07 AM
general-pain is currently offline Click here to Send general-pain a Private Message Find more posts by general-pain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

Moonraker...With out a doubt....Sci-Fi much?

The only thing thats with you your whole life is complete and utter darkness.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2006 01:48 AM
Darth Macabre is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Macabre a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Macabre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eis
androgynous mind

DaD gets too much shit from the fans, imo.
It's not a good movie but it's not nearly as bad as many people say it is. I think if it wasn't a Bond movie it wouldn't get half the shit it gets.

Oh and to those who think Halle Berry isn't attractive, you're crazy... The scene where she gets out of the water in that bikini... Wow. stick out tongue

Old Post Mar 9th, 2006 03:48 PM
Eis is currently offline Click here to Send Eis a Private Message Find more posts by Eis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

Originally posted by Eis
DaD gets too much shit from the fans, imo.
It's not a good movie but it's not nearly as bad as many people say it is. I think if it wasn't a Bond movie it wouldn't get half the shit it gets.

Oh and to those who think Halle Berry isn't attractive, you're crazy... The scene where she gets out of the water in that bikini... Wow. stick out tongue

That reminded me (which they intended) of Dr. No.

That's the main reason DAD get's so much flack...Because it pays homage to most of the 007 movies due to the 40th anniversary. So it seems "cliche".

The only thing thats with you your whole life is complete and utter darkness.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2006 12:50 AM
Darth Macabre is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Macabre a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Macabre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote