Die another day is definatly the worst it's CRAP. The special effects are crap, the storyline is worse than the special effects and i hate halle berry as a bond girl(and in general). The only good thing in it is the car !
The worst?? Hmm, well the most rushed was without question The Man With The Golden Gun, and it looked it too. Thus I found it the weakest Bond entry. However....I still find it less objectionable than D.A.D which bored me and annoyed me in equal measure. Soo.. by a whisker I'm gonna choose D.A.D is the worst.
Seriously though, I think that The Man With The Golden Gun had some of the best acting and imo the best story line. Replace Roger Moore with Sean Connery as James Bond and you would have an awesome movie. Not that Mr Moore is bad - I just like Sean more. And Scaramanga is the best villan out of the whole James Bond series - he is also played by the best actor in the world.
In my opinion,the worst of all of them is die another die.
On her majesty secret service was a good movie with a great plot, but with the worst bond , George Lazenby, that is the main problem with this movie. If this movie would be starring Connery or Moore, it would be one of the best on the series.
And best one , goldfinger.
__________________ The beatles, best group ever.
John Lennon, Musical genius of all time
Helen Mirren and Julie Christie , most lovely british actresses of all time.
The movie-going public has spoken, and DAD is the most successful Bond film in years. That doesn't necessarily make it the best, but with a Bond who has suffered and strong female characters, it's given new life to the series.
At the time, I really enjoyed TLD, which has good chemistry between Dalton and D'Abo. But in retrospect, the glorification of Afghan mujahedeen seems a particularly reprehensible bit of Cold War politics. Anyone for Bond joining the Taliban?
Otherwise, Tanya Roberts may have a great body but her character makes AVTAK annoying _ JAAAAAAAMES!
MWTGG was hastily cobbled together, but it's just dull, not horrible.
I'd put OHMSS more in the category of a noble failure. The plot elements may not mix, but it's worth the attempt. George Lazenby's a stiff, but he's human. Heavy makeup and even more heavily padded bras can't disguise Diana Rigg's flat chest and blotchy skin, but she's otherwise adequate. Telly Savalas is a thug, not a super-villain, but he's enjoying himself.
Originally I said on her majestys secret service and I hated it mostly because of Lazenby as Bond but I got to go with Die Another Day because Lazenby was the only thing I hated about On Her Majestys Secret Service where with Die Another Day, two actors -the horrible acting of Brosnan and the ugly looking Halle Berry ruined that movie mostly for me.
Last edited by Mr Parker on Oct 2nd, 2006 at 04:51 PM
1. I have no objection to Bond getting married...however she's so ugly in comparison to other girls he's been involved with.
2. The plot sucked. I'm sorry. It sucks.
3. "This never happened to the other guy." - Oh come on now.
4. Bond reading Playboy...that whole scene is just atrocious. Its long, boring, and my god I just hate it with a passion.
5. Telly Savalas is totally lacking intimidating. Pleasance was the best one so far (unless you count the off-screen performances).
6. The opening titles must've been rushed beyond imagination, just using clips of old films. Terrible. (Good song though...but it could've used lyrics).
7. The worst Bond out of them all. He just was terrible. Just terrible.
8. By far...the worst part of this movie.....THAT FREAKING CHRISTMAS SONG THAT NEVER STOPS THROUGHOUT THE FILM. MY GOD!!!!! That is perhaps THE most annoying song I've ever heard in my entire life. It ranks right up there with such shit like "we're off to see the wizard" and "You're Beautiful" by James Blunt.
OHMSS is definitely the worst Bond film. Some Bond films have sucked in certain categories, like how Moonraker's special effects make it a joke (as well as Jaws' role in the movie), the character of Dr. Christmas Jones (though I think Elektra was one of the best female characters we've had in a long while), the parachute thing in Die Another Day, the music in For Your Eyes Only, ugly Maud Adams as Octopussy (she was attractive in The Man with the Golden Gun...aging sucks lol)...but yeah, OHMSS gets my vote.