KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Should Heroes Kill?

Should Heroes Kill?
Started by: BlaqChaos

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
redcaped
Restricted

Account Restricted

We kill our enemies when we believe we are weak and defenseless so we panic and commit the wrong choice.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2006 10:21 PM
redcaped is currently offline Click here to Send redcaped a Private Message Find more posts by redcaped Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HigH ScholaR

quote: (post)
Originally posted by roughrider
You say all that and have Deadpool in your avatar? stick out tongue laughing

well actually now if you look ever some closely..i know ita small but if you focus, barely just barely it is The Human Torch

Old Post Jan 4th, 2006 10:23 PM
HigH ScholaR is currently offline Click here to Send HigH ScholaR a Private Message Find more posts by HigH ScholaR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by HigH ScholaR
well actually now if you look ever some closely..i know ita small but if you focus, barely just barely it is The Human Torch

No it isn't . If you read what I said...I know it's small but if you focus, just barely stick out tongue ...I said Avatar. Not Signature. wink

Old Post Jan 4th, 2006 10:45 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HigH ScholaR

mad oh yes , yes i see see, just barely though.

LOL no expression wink

Old Post Jan 4th, 2006 10:49 PM
HigH ScholaR is currently offline Click here to Send HigH ScholaR a Private Message Find more posts by HigH ScholaR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

OK. So, who do we kill next?

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jan 4th, 2006 10:53 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

Well thay could always send them to that prison where Thanis went or just get Thor to put then ib abother dimension, calll on a cosmic like Sersi ir Silver surfer to change them into butterflys literally or send them to Doctor Strange.

Change them to butterflies and you might as well just kill them. That type of stuff just gets you into the morally ambiguous mindwiping stuff DC is dealing with.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2006 11:31 PM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HigH ScholaR

Yer that is what i was thinking aswell but if your gaan put them in prison or suspended animation what is the difference really and it is better then killing. To me if heroes began to kill they are no different to the villains they kill.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2006 11:35 PM
NoFate007

Not all deserve to die. A man like Victor Fries doesn't. But, when you kill tons and tons of people, I think its safer to kill the villain than to let them kill more people, cause you know they will. Joker for instance. If Batman offed him, he would be doing Gotham one hell of a justice.

Carnage, yes. Firefly, no. Luthor, yes. Magneto, no.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2006 12:45 AM
NoFate007 is currently offline Click here to Send NoFate007 a Private Message Find more posts by NoFate007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggy#1
Restricted

Account Restricted

depens the reason if they want to kill

Old Post Jan 5th, 2006 12:53 AM
juggy#1 is currently offline Click here to Send juggy#1 a Private Message Find more posts by juggy#1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Creshosk

Yer that is what i was thinking aswell but if your gaan put them in prison or suspended animation what is the difference really and it is better then killing. To me if heroes began to kill they are no different to the villains they kill.
Prisons and even suspended animation can be escaped. . . the latter needing outside help. . .

Old Post Jan 5th, 2006 01:06 AM
Creshosk is currently offline Click here to Send Creshosk a Private Message Find more posts by Creshosk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Why do some think Magneto is a mass murderer up with Joker and Thanos? Is there some event I have forgotten?

Old Post Jan 5th, 2006 04:03 AM
HaSon

Magneto is a maniac all the same. I see no problem grouping him with Joker and the like no matter how he tries to disguise his schemes.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2006 04:31 AM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Creshosk

Give Mags his own island and he settles down. He's really not aas bad as characters like the Joker.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2006 05:07 AM
Creshosk is currently offline Click here to Send Creshosk a Private Message Find more posts by Creshosk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

Originally posted by manjaro
personally IM not with that "if you kill you are no better than they are" bullshit. what would you call a police officer who kills a wanted murderer in the process? you would say he's no better?. i say kill all of them, if not like somebdy says let the anti heroes do itbig grin

I would say yes, the police officer is no better. Is he going to prison as well? is the Police officer going to be accountable for his crimes? The Police officer has killed, just like the criminal. I see no difference between the two. The police officer made a decision to become what he sought to protect the world from. He is responsible for a persons death.

Originally posted by roughrider
You say all that and have Deadpool in your avatar? stick out tongue laughing

Just cos im a fan of a FICTIONAL character, doesn't mean I agree with his values in real life smile

Old Post Jan 5th, 2006 04:41 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Once you start killing, you're not a hero.

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Jan 5th, 2006 04:57 PM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

If Captain America kills Germans in the course of WW2, does that not make him the heroic icon he should be?

Old Post Jan 5th, 2006 04:59 PM
Kid Kurdy

Originally posted by willRules
The world isn't as black and white as we would like it to be.

True.
quote:
We sometimes make things overcomplicated when we don't need to.

True.
quote:
I think that if someone killed a killer, what have they become? A killer themselves.

That's only a matter of definition.
quote:
There is no difference between them and the person they killed.

Yes there is. A big difference actually.
quote:
They have degraded themselves to the level of a killer.

It's a dirty job but somebody's got to do it.
quote:
Killing doesn't even solve the problem.

It solves potential future problems.
quote:
People may argue that not killing the villain might mean the villain will kill others and that the death of the others will be on your head. I disagree, for saving the villains life, the hero should take comfort in the fact that the villain owes them their life.

The villain doesn't care, as soon as he can, he'll murder again.
quote:
In conclusion, I can only say that I believe that killing of any sort results in the degrading of oneself and the creation of a killer in themselves.

Those are words. Nothing more. I respect your opinion but it's not as simple as you think.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2006 07:13 PM
Kid Kurdy is currently offline Click here to Send Kid Kurdy a Private Message Find more posts by Kid Kurdy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

Originally posted by who?-kid
Yes there is. A big difference actually.

please explain the difference to me as I would like to know. the only possible difference I see is their original intentions, but both parties ended up killing in the end.

It's a dirty job but somebody's got to do it.

says who? you?

It solves potential future problems.

So the end justifys the means does it? What about long term ramifications? Its a way of introducing society to the wonderful world of degrading moral values and increasing violence, by introducing new killers, sugar coated as heroes.

The villain doesn't care, as soon as he can, he'll murder again.

so there is the line. Do we rise above his twisted, depraved emotions and imprison him, or do we cross the line and become just like him, a killer?

Those are words. Nothing more. I respect your opinion but it's not as simple as you think.

Its only as simple as you say so. We as humans have the amazing ability to shift the blame, work or anything hard onto another person. We can do it by over complicating things. We get good at it. Its not a good thing.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2006 09:12 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules
The doctor

Wolverine kills, spidey has killed so have a number of heros. No matter what a hero is bound to kill someone.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2006 09:15 PM
steverules is currently offline Click here to Send steverules a Private Message Find more posts by steverules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tron
Shinigami Rep.

Killing isn't the best choice in the world, but at some point, there are a small ammount of choices. Maybe Wonder Woman shouldn't have killed Max Lord, maybe so, that's up to opinion. I, personally, think she was right to do so at the time. At that point, he had full control over the most powerful being on the planet, and always would as long as he was alive. Now, I don't know about you, but for some to have power over a living weapon of mass destruction is an extremely frightening thought. At that point, WW made a judgement call. She could've allowed him to live, inprision him, incapacitate him, etc., but that would still leave the very high chance of him escaping and threatening every life in the world with Superman once again. Was what she did right? Can't say, everyone will see their own side of it. But, you can't deny the fact that she may have saved millions with that one act, whether it was right or wrong.

Visit my city, or die at the hands of my ninjas

Old Post Jan 6th, 2006 01:47 AM
Tron is currently offline Click here to Send Tron a Private Message Find more posts by Tron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote