KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Should Heroes Kill?

Should Heroes Kill?
Started by: BlaqChaos

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Tron
Killing isn't the best choice in the world, but at some point, there are a small ammount of choices. Maybe Wonder Woman shouldn't have killed Max Lord, maybe so, that's up to opinion. I, personally, think she was right to do so at the time. At that point, he had full control over the most powerful being on the planet, and always would as long as he was alive. Now, I don't know about you, but for some to have power over a living weapon of mass destruction is an extremely frightening thought. At that point, WW made a judgement call. She could've allowed him to live, inprision him, incapacitate him, etc., but that would still leave the very high chance of him escaping and threatening every life in the world with Superman once again. Was what she did right? Can't say, everyone will see their own side of it. But, you can't deny the fact that she may have saved millions with that one act, whether it was right or wrong.

Thats a good point, but what does she do know? She could be on the verge of a downward spiral into becoming something she tried to prevent.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2006 03:18 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HigH ScholaR

i believ killing isn't an option not even a lst resort there are many ways to sudus a villain some may be considered harsh or unessary but its beetr then killing. Say for instance PERMANTLY paralysing Villains, or ending them to other dimensions whee only the fittews can survive Like Tartarus, or for instance telepaths insert some next shit into their brains that ****s it up big grin

Old Post Jan 6th, 2006 04:02 PM
HigH ScholaR is currently offline Click here to Send HigH ScholaR a Private Message Find more posts by HigH ScholaR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kid Kurdy

Originally posted by willRules
please explain the difference to me as I would like to know. the only possible difference I see is their original intentions, but both parties ended up killing in the end.

Don't blame me if you can't tell the difference between some psychopath maniac with a hacksaw, eager to mutilate, rape and kill his 7th victim, and a person willing to end that maniacs life in order to make the neighbourhood at least a little bit safer.
quote:
says who? you?

No my nanny lol.
quote:
So the end justifys the means does it?

Sometimes yes.
quote:
What about long term ramifications? Its a way of introducing society to the wonderful world of degrading moral values and increasing violence, by introducing new killers, sugar coated as heroes.

That's bollocks. Don't twist my words and don't exaggerate. You make it seem like I want a New Order to rise. Gimme a break will you.
quote:
so there is the line. Do we rise above his twisted, depraved emotions and imprison him, or do we cross the line and become just like him, a killer?

There is no line to cross, there's only reality to face.

Do you think it's honest that so many people are homeless, that thousands of handicapped people can't afford a wheelchair and that many sick people can't afford a health insurance, while at the same time, a cold blooded murderer who would break your neck just for the fun of it, sits in his cell, being fed and kept warm by the government ? In my country the government pays for each convicted criminal at least 25.000 dollars a year...
quote:
Its only as simple as you say so. We as humans have the amazing ability to shift the blame, work or anything hard onto another person. We can do it by over complicating things. We get good at it. Its not a good thing.

Putting up with murderers and such is making things complicated.

On an important side note : I am only talking about the crazy guys, the serial killers, the sadists/rapists, mass murderers, certain dictators and such... NOT about a guy who made a mistake and is willing to pay for it, that's a huge difference.

Everyone deserves a second chance. Some "people" however don't....

Old Post Jan 6th, 2006 07:04 PM
Kid Kurdy is currently offline Click here to Send Kid Kurdy a Private Message Find more posts by Kid Kurdy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tron
Shinigami Rep.

Originally posted by willRules
Thats a good point, but what does she do know? She could be on the verge of a downward spiral into becoming something she tried to prevent.

What would make you think she would? Just cause she felt she had to kill one, doesn't mean she's gonna go on a killing spree. The first time may have been more than enough for her.

Visit my city, or die at the hands of my ninjas

Old Post Jan 10th, 2006 02:56 AM
Tron is currently offline Click here to Send Tron a Private Message Find more posts by Tron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tron
Shinigami Rep.

Originally posted by HigH ScholaR
i believ killing isn't an option not even a lst resort there are many ways to sudus a villain some may be considered harsh or unessary but its beetr then killing. Say for instance PERMANTLY paralysing Villains, or ending them to other dimensions whee only the fittews can survive Like Tartarus, or for instance telepaths insert some next shit into their brains that ****s it up big grin

Maybe, but those could be considered even worse fates than death.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2006 02:59 AM
Tron is currently offline Click here to Send Tron a Private Message Find more posts by Tron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

(please log in to view the image)

Once, twice...who's counting? stick out tongue

Old Post Jan 10th, 2006 02:59 AM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tron
Shinigami Rep.

Well, you gotta let some things go, she IS an Amazon warrior afterall.wink

Old Post Jan 10th, 2006 05:09 AM
jasofisc

first of all some of the heros have so much power that it's unrealistic for them not to kill at least one bad guy. I don't think it should be something that heros do all the time, but it needs to be done every so often. Batman took the same stand point as a few people here and it cost hundreds if not thousands of innocent people their lives. And it didn't matter how many times he went to prison. Their are ways out of every prison or state they could be in. at least death stops them for a little while longer. as for the a killer is a killer comment, that maybe true but not every killer is a murder. A cop that kills some punk at a supermarket that is shoting at him is protecting himself and others. When the guy dies the cop may be a killer but at least some little girl gets to live because a murder was stop before he was able to murder her.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2006 06:48 AM
jasofisc is currently offline Click here to Send jasofisc a Private Message Find more posts by jasofisc Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NoFate007

Originally posted by jasofisc
first of all some of the heros have so much power that it's unrealistic for them not to kill at least one bad guy. I don't think it should be something that heros do all the time, but it needs to be done every so often. Batman took the same stand point as a few people here and it cost hundreds if not thousands of innocent people their lives. And it didn't matter how many times he went to prison. Their are ways out of every prison or state they could be in. at least death stops them for a little while longer. as for the a killer is a killer comment, that maybe true but not every killer is a murder. A cop that kills some punk at a supermarket that is shoting at him is protecting himself and others. When the guy dies the cop may be a killer but at least some little girl gets to live because a murder was stop before he was able to murder her.

That's how I see it. Superheroes should take the position of cops. They will try their best not to have to resort to that, but if need be, they'll do the deed in order for the better good. It always surprised me though that Superman was allowed to kill lots of alien creatures many times, but never does it to Luthor. Does the fact that they're aliens mean they don't have civilized lives on other planets and such? Its the same thing.

But heroes, as much as they should try not to have to kill someone, should partake in the action when they need to. Think about how many people that the villains have killed over the years after they've broken out just after their third release from prisons/asylums...all of those lives could be saved if they were killed. This doesn't even include the first two times they broke out of wherever they were held lol

Old Post Jan 10th, 2006 06:55 AM
NoFate007 is currently offline Click here to Send NoFate007 a Private Message Find more posts by NoFate007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

Not their fault they keep breaking out. At the end of day they're just citizens making a citizens arrest. If you helped captured a criminal and turned him/her into the police only for them to break out and go on a shooting spree, should everyone blame you for that?

Old Post Jan 10th, 2006 07:30 AM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NoFate007

Superheroes are different than normal citizens though. Normal citizens don't have powers, don't get called upon by the law to take people down, don't have military projects funded to provide a potential strike against them...its definitely not the same thing.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2006 08:02 AM
NoFate007 is currently offline Click here to Send NoFate007 a Private Message Find more posts by NoFate007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

Superheroes aren't called upon by the law. They do it at their leisure and can stop anytime they want to. They don't get paid, not all of them. It's not a job.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2006 07:38 PM
jasofisc

what about the avengers aren't they like funded or used to be by the UN, aren't the justice league also

Old Post Jan 10th, 2006 08:20 PM
jasofisc is currently offline Click here to Send jasofisc a Private Message Find more posts by jasofisc Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

Originally posted by The Ion
Not their fault they keep breaking out. At the end of day they're just citizens making a citizens arrest. If you helped captured a criminal and turned him/her into the police only for them to break out and go on a shooting spree, should everyone blame you for that?

I see your point and I agree yes, superheros aren't to blame

Old Post Jan 10th, 2006 09:26 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jasofisc

I'm sure the fact that they aren't to blame makes the family of those slatered by the likes of the joker and other psycos feel much better. Your right that superheros are not to blame but it's not like their powerless either, or not responsble.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2006 03:15 AM