KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » All in All who is the better Super Hero Superman or Captain Marvel aka Shazam

All in All who is the better Super Hero Superman or Captain Marvel aka Shazam
This poll is closed.
Superman 12 85.71%
Captain Marvel 2 14.29%
Total: 14 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

All in All who is the better Super Hero Superman or Captain Marvel aka Shazam
Started by: golem370

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
I-Drop
Privateer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
1. Going by that because CM inspired Superman's powers apparently, Superman is better. smile
smile Nah. You don't get better than somebody because of ripping them off & litigation.

2. Your own words say different.

"Supes stole shit from CM that he still reaps the benefits from 2day"
laughing out loud Oh so you're going to be a [email protected] about it? Like you don't know what I mean? Fine. Raoul said other characters stole from Supes. Tell him the same thing then.
3. Which is a speculative assumption based on what you think could have happened, and Superman is not a great hero because he is powerful, it his his actions, his general character. Not because his makes won a fvckin law-suit or he "stole" powers from someone. THAT is what you don't seem to get.
Those powers he stole seem to help his heroic actions quite a bit don't they? CM & Supes both save lives whenever they can. How is Supes more heroic? & my assumption is based on what WAS happening. That is until DC ran to the court system. Great characters that go far get there 'cuz of greatness. Supes got there because of great lawyers evil face

Old Post Jan 8th, 2009 05:17 AM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-

Originally posted by I-Drop
You're welcome

The character himself. Think about it. Many of his best feats, the ones that make people think he's such a great hero, (pulling planets &shit, flights through space @near lightspeed) are possible ONLY because of what he stole from CM. Everytime you see Smallville or that awful Supes Returns movie & you see Lex, think "He's only bald 'cuz CM had a bald badguy". Lex is supposed to have a head full of red hair. Subtract all that stuff from Supes. Change "You will believe a man can fly" to "You will believe a man can jump high as a muthafuka" laughing out loud because that's how Supes was b4 CM. You guys can call them equals if you want, but Supes can't be who he is w/out what he got from CM. He can't be the better hero.

i don't agree with any of that. no expression

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured... the first thought forbidden... the first freedom denied chains us all irrevocably."

Old Post Jan 8th, 2009 02:27 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eel O'Brien

Even if DC writers incorporated some of CM's ideas into Superman stories, that doesn't make CM better.

CM wouldn't even have been created if not for the popularity of Superman in the late '30s.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2009 06:13 PM
Eel O'Brien is currently offline Click here to Send Eel O'Brien a Private Message Find more posts by Eel O'Brien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

Probably. It's debatable tho. SHAZAAM is an amalgamation of characters from myth & religion. That's where the name comes from. All of these characters came b4 Supes. &there were already comicbook heroes b4 Supes. There's no way to tell if CM woulda been created or not. I'm willing to say they're even 'cuz they both save people. I just think it's fuked up that DC put CM on the backburner the way they did so Supes could be cool again.
Originally posted by Raoul
i don't agree with any of that. no expression
smile Sure ya do. Maybe not all of it, but the facts you have to agree on. They're facts.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2009 08:14 PM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-

smile Sure ya do. Maybe not all of it, but the facts you have to agree on. They're facts.

not the way you interpet the facts you mention, tbh.

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured... the first thought forbidden... the first freedom denied chains us all irrevocably."

Old Post Jan 8th, 2009 08:26 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eel O'Brien

SHAZAAM is an amalgamation of characters from myth & religion.

Obviously, the U.S. legal system didn't quite agree...

Old Post Jan 8th, 2009 09:14 PM
Eel O'Brien is currently offline Click here to Send Eel O'Brien a Private Message Find more posts by Eel O'Brien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

If they did, we'd probably be discussing this on the CM section & you'd be wearing your CM shirt as you typed. I don't really know what the acronym means, but it's solomon, hercules & some other cats IIRC. I'd be alright w/it if they sued as soon as CM appeared, but they waited until he was more popular than Supes to do it.
not the way you interpet the facts you mention, tbh.
laughing out loud I might be a lil' more blunt than some would like, but it doesn't falsify what I'm saying. Imagine how different Supes'd be w/out the CM stuff. Or how things mighta turned out if the lawsuit never happened.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2009 03:04 AM
NemeBro
Savior of KMC

I don't really know what the acronym means, but it's solomon, hercules & some other cats IIRC.
Solomon, Hercules, Atlas, Zeus, Achilles(there is only one A), and Mercury.

S - for the wisdom of Solomon
H - for the strength of Hercules
A - for the stamina of Atlas
Z - for the power of Zeus
A - for the courage of Achilles
M - for the speed of Mercury

Although I noticed that although all(except for maybe Solomon, no idea who that punk nigga is) the characters are from Roman and Greek Mythology, Hercules and Mercury are the Roman pronunciations, and Zeus, Atlas, and Achilles are the Greek pronunciations.

Of course this is all highly off-topic, but that's just how I roll,.I'm hardcore that way. smokin'

"I GOTTA FIND OUT WHO KILLED MY DAD"

Old Post Jan 9th, 2009 03:14 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

Solomon's no punk. He was this King from the bible and the son of David(killed Goliath). He was supposed to be mad wise. Even wiser than me. There was this one time when these 2 whores were both trying to claim motherhood of the same baby. Solomon was like "No prob. I'ma just cut his @ss in half so ya'll both can have him". @this point, one of the strumpets was like. "No! Don't do that. She can have him. Just don't cut him." Solomon realized that this hoe had to be the child's true mother because she was concerned about the baby's health.

It's said that when Solomon died, Cannabis grew from his grave. That's why some oldheads call it the "wisdom weed". He's really popular w/the Jamaican crowd.

Last edited by I-Drop on Jan 9th, 2009 at 06:51 AM

Old Post Jan 9th, 2009 06:38 AM
-Pr-

laughing out loud I might be a lil' more blunt than some would like, but it doesn't falsify what I'm saying. Imagine how different Supes'd be w/out the CM stuff. Or how things mighta turned out if the lawsuit never happened.

how long ago was that lawsuit? even if they hadn't sued fawcett (it was fawcett, right?), there's still the possibility that superman would have gained his powers anyways. besides, hundreds of writers have written him since then, at least half of them unaware that he was involved in litigation at one point.

saying that superman wouldn't be what he was because of a lawsuit decades ago is selling both superman and marvel short, tbh.

both characters have grown to be loved and well developed, even post crisis, regardless of any lawsuits...

Old Post Jan 9th, 2009 10:38 AM
Eel O'Brien

Solomon's no punk. He was this King from the bible and the son of David(killed Goliath). He was supposed to be mad wise. Even wiser than me. There was this one time when these 2 whores were both trying to claim motherhood of the same baby. Solomon was like "No prob. I'ma just cut his @ss in half so ya'll both can have him". @this point, one of the strumpets was like. "No! Don't do that. She can have him. Just don't cut him." Solomon realized that this hoe had to be the child's true mother because she was concerned about the baby's health.

It's said that when Solomon died, Cannabis grew from his grave. That's why some oldheads call it the "wisdom weed". He's really popular w/the Jamaican crowd.

Wow... this is very offensive.

Wow...

Old Post Jan 9th, 2009 08:35 PM
I-Drop
Privateer

How?
how long ago was that lawsuit? even if they hadn't sued fawcett (it was fawcett, right?), there's still the possibility that superman would have gained his powers anyways.
Riiiight. & Lex Luthor would have just magically lost his hair? laughing out loud I've heard the FOSolitude is even based on something from CM. The lawsuit could have been a thousand years ago. As long as Supes can fly & Lex is bald, we still have the effects of the lawsuit.
besides, hundreds of writers have written him since then, at least half of them unaware that he was involved in litigation at one point.
That's true. I don't see where you're going w/that tho. I didn't know of the suit until recently. It doesn't change what happened b4 these writers got to him. They're still using powers jacked from CM.
saying that superman wouldn't be what he was because of a lawsuit decades ago is selling both superman and marvel short, tbh.
I disagree. Flight is his most famous power(Look! Up in the sky......) & Lex is his most famous enemy.
both characters have grown to be loved and well developed, even post crisis, regardless of any lawsuits...
Supes was ultra shitty pre crisis. That's why they had to kill him off. He got new powers whenever he needed them. Tvo came after the crisis tho. "Theta Warriors" = not cool.

Last edited by I-Drop on Jan 9th, 2009 at 11:39 PM

Old Post Jan 9th, 2009 11:24 PM
ankur29
ankur

DC need to bring out some better shazam titles, show CM more in teh spotlight

they definately should do a faithfully animated kingdom come

Old Post Jan 16th, 2009 07:29 PM
ankur29 is currently offline Click here to Send ankur29 a Private Message Find more posts by ankur29 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

How?Riiiight. & Lex Luthor would have just magically lost his hair? laughing out loud I've heard the FOSolitude is even based on something from CM. The lawsuit could have been a thousand years ago. As long as Supes can fly & Lex is bald, we still have the effects of the lawsuit.
That's true. I don't see where you're going w/that tho. I didn't know of the suit until recently. It doesn't change what happened b4 these writers got to him. They're still using powers jacked from CM.
I disagree. Flight is his most famous power(Look! Up in the sky......) & Lex is his most famous enemy.
Supes was ultra shitty pre crisis. That's why they had to kill him off. He got new powers whenever he needed them. Tvo came after the crisis tho. "Theta Warriors" = not cool.

So much hate, it would be funny if it wasn't so sad...

Superman was the first real modern-age "Super"hero, CM was created because of Superman, Costume, Superpowers, his own comic.
The one thing that CM had that Superman received later was the flight.
Lex did not lost his hair because of CM comics.

Most of your "facts" are just biased opinions, not very objective, just full of hate, which is sad, if you ask me.

When CM got strength and invulnerability, it's not because Supes got it first, it's because of the ancient myths. But the flight Supes got is stolen from CM, not from anything else which came before, in myths and otherwise..... yeah.... double moral sucks ^^

Anyway, both are cool, though Supes is the first, CM is his equal, not as popular but as cool as Supes.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2009 01:29 AM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zeel

Originally posted by ankur29
DC need to bring out some better shazam titles, show CM more in teh spotlight

they definately should do a faithfully animated kingdom come

I totally agree, Captian marvel is so underrated but even though cap and black adam are my favorite to read about. Supes is the champion in comics and it will never change.

Captian marvel is a peer of supes not inferior in anyway hes very compareable to supes. Even though supes is a bit tougher in most aspects.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2009 08:36 PM
zeel is currently offline Click here to Send zeel a Private Message Find more posts by zeel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zeel

How?Riiiight. & Lex Luthor would have just magically lost his hair? laughing out loud I've heard the FOSolitude is even based on something from CM. The lawsuit could have been a thousand years ago. As long as Supes can fly & Lex is bald, we still have the effects of the lawsuit.

NAh the flight issues your talking about is incorrect captian marvel is . The only character flying in them days was naramor i think. There was nothing popular bout flying. cap started flying then supes copied it. the idea of captian marvel came from superman. later supes copied captian marvels powers. D.C had to do this to compete with captian marvel comics. There was a time where captian marvel comics were blowing superman comics outta the water.

As far as superman in pre crisis times. They are doing this again. Current supes is way above everyone now. And for now people seem to like it. I personally dont. I would rather see superman get new abilities. Its a proven fact that during rough times in real life superhero movies and comics flurish no matter how bad the economy is doing. Superman is the flagship of D.C. its only natural D.C. is going to supe the hell outta him to point of retardness. Cause for now it seems to be working.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2009 08:46 PM
zeel is currently offline Click here to Send zeel a Private Message Find more posts by zeel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zeel

Originally posted by Batman-Prime
So much hate, it would be funny if it wasn't so sad...

Superman was the first real modern-age "Super"hero, CM was created because of Superman, Costume, Superpowers, his own comic.
The one thing that CM had that Superman received later was the flight.
Lex did not lost his hair because of CM comics.

Most of your "facts" are just biased opinions, not very objective, just full of hate, which is sad, if you ask me.

When CM got strength and invulnerability, it's not because Supes got it first, it's because of the ancient myths. But the flight Supes got is stolen from CM, not from anything else which came before, in myths and otherwise..... yeah.... double moral sucks ^^

Anyway, both are cool, though Supes is the first, CM is his equal, not as popular but as cool as Supes.

Supes stole strength speed duribility and flight from captian marvel. You need to remember supes at one time was like the strength of 100 men and could lift cars . captian marvel was eleveated to goldy levels.

Well before supes was. Supes copied alot more then just flight. HE got suped up as far as strength duribility and speed.

neverthe less supes is still the flagship and D.C did what it had to do to save the franchise.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2009 08:49 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Originally posted by zeel
Supes stole strength speed duribility and flight from captian marvel. You need to remember supes at one time was like the strength of 100 men and could lift cars . captian marvel was eleveated to goldy levels.

Well before supes was. Supes copied alot more then just flight. HE got suped up as far as strength duribility and speed.

neverthe less supes is still the flagship and D.C did what it had to do to save the franchise.

Supes wore a cape was superstrong, could jump high and was very durable, then CM came, wore a cape, could fly and his str and durability were even greater
After this superman was made even stronger and invulnerable, ang got flight.
So, CM copied str and durabiliy first, though increased. So supes couldn't steal somthing from CM which was copied from him before.

I don't understand this kind of argument. When CM copied Superman and his powerset, though increased, it's ok and natural. When Superman copies "himself" (in a way), he copies his powerset, which was "inspired" by him before, though increased. It was after all his original first-modern-age-comic-superhero kind of powerset wink.

Superman was and is the first, he is something no other Superhero can be, some may dislike this FACT but this won't change it. Cry, yell and live with it.

Batman is cooler, that's obvious stick out tongue.

CM is Supes euqal, powers and coolness.

But Supes is an icon, you hate him or love him wink.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2009 03:14 AM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zeel

Originally posted by Batman-Prime
Supes wore a cape was superstrong, could jump high and was very durable, then CM came, wore a cape, could fly and his str and durability were even greater
After this superman was made even stronger and invulnerable, ang got flight.
So, CM copied str and durabiliy first, though increased. So supes couldn't steal somthing from CM which was copied from him before.

I don't understand this kind of argument. When CM copied Superman and his powerset, though increased, it's ok and natural. When Superman copies "himself" (in a way), he copies his powerset, which was "inspired" by him before, though increased. It was after all his original first-modern-age-comic-superhero kind of powerset wink.

Superman was and is the first, he is something no other Superhero can be, some may dislike this FACT but this won't change it. Cry, yell and live with it.

Batman is cooler, that's obvious stick out tongue.

CM is Supes euqal, powers and coolness.

But Supes is an icon, you hate him or love him wink.

I agree with you. You will get no crying from me, its just a comic book character =) supes was the original, when you think about it there are tons of characterts in comics that have a cape and have super strength etc......

If things were diffrent captian marvel could have been where supes was.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2009 05:51 AM
Grim and ghoul

well, Superman_045 ,in captain marvel adventures issue 2, captain marvel travels to mars in about five minutes, through space no breathing. also the time it would take for anyone to reach mars (in most of it's orbit) from earth, going light-speed would be AT VERY LEAST 3 minutes if mars is as close as it can be to earth. on average it would take about 10 to 14 minutes going light-speed. so if you want to get technical, captain can go about 3 times the speed of light just flying like a champ.

Attachment: 27.jpg
This has been downloaded 10 time(s).

Last edited by Grim and ghoul on May 9th, 2013 at 03:50 AM

Old Post May 9th, 2013 03:37 AM
Grim and ghoul is currently offline Click here to Send Grim and ghoul a Private Message Find more posts by Grim and ghoul Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote